View Poll Results: Would you like to have new character models in classic WoW?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Yes

172 49.00%
  • No

179 51.00%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly no imo. I quite dislike the new models. If it were a 100% optional as a toggle, and not the disgrace that they implemented in retail where it was like old texture on new models, then i wouldnt mind it. But if i were forced to use new models it would be a dealbreaker for me.

Yeah I don't see why an option that only effects your view would be bad.

The people who take #NoChanges so seriously that they don't want other people to enjoy the game the way they choose to are ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    No, the new models and old armor/weapons would look like shit together. New models harm the integrity and art direction of the old world. Classic wasn't designed to look like that.
    As an option in menus. If you want old just dont check thats all.

no, the new models are trash
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya2 View Post
    No, they'd look completely out of place given the age of classic.
    Patently untrue, you can currently patch them into the game files for any private server client-side and it looks fantastic.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Literally no reason not to have it as a toggle in the graphics settings.
    I feel differently. I think it serves as a good weeding mechanism. If you care that much about your model that you can't stand to see the old ones, then you're probably already not someone I want running around classic anyways. Yes, it's assholish, selfish, etc. I don't care. I like my communities pure and elitist. That's half the point of classic I thought? Separate retail players from people who don't like the things retail players do?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    My character looks the way I want him to, including the old model. He may look badass in one set of armor in the old model, but like garbage in the new model. As my character, I should have complete control of my appearance to others, and the new model choice would remove my agency in this.
    Piss poor argument. You already don't have full control of your appearance to others because they can lower their graphics to the point that your model will look blurry and low detail. They can change the color balance of their monitor to make your skin blue if they want. Lastly, they could risk a ban and edit your model to be that of a pig if they wanted.

Your "reasoning" is just an excuse to say no.

50% of people on this forum haven't been playing Pservers and have an emotional attachment to the 1.12 client graphics and don't weep in isolation over the death of moonwalking...... RIP moonwalking the passage of time will feel infinitely longer without you.

Redundant question. WoW Classic is just an option to play the old game as it was or as close as it is feasible. Imagine every old classic/retro game with a load of fancy looking modern crap in it to make it look nice or QoL features, it wouldn't be the same game. It should look exactly like it did and play exactly like it did end of!

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I feel differently. I think it serves as a good weeding mechanism. If you care that much about your model that you can't stand to see the old ones, then you're probably already not someone I want running around classic anyways. Yes, it's assholish, selfish, etc. I don't care. I like my communities pure and elitist. That's half the point of classic I thought? Separate retail players from people who don't like the things retail players do?
    "I want what I want and what you want is wrong and bad"

Yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Classic must stay original. For everyone. And sharding must be cancelled.

This should be an addon feature. There are a lot of games where Mods/addons are allowed to change the client appearance, why not WoW?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? What you say sounds very fascist and patagonistic. Why do you want to rate players just because they want to use new models that were not there before? I understand the classics. Zero changes but such thinking as in your case does not change anything for you and only receives something else. This is something that for another would be a nice addition for you, it does not matter because you do not see what another player does.

More pointless threads for modern changes to Classic WoW. Name a more iconic duo on these forums. Christ almighty. You think you want Classic, but you really really don't.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

It's kind of a slippery slope. New player models? Well then they'd need to use new monster models. And your character looks out of place with old gear in new models, so they need to update the old models... You get my meaning. 'Classic should be classic' is a sensible position. I ultimately don't really mind either way; they're just graphical, so there's no gameplay change.

I think it serves as a good weeding mechanism.
    Everyone you want weeded out would play fortnite instead anyway
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Haewyn View Post
    Redundant question. WoW Classic is just an option to play the old game as it was or as close as it is feasible. Imagine every old classic/retro game with a load of fancy looking modern crap in it to make it look nice or QoL features, it wouldn't be the same game. It should look exactly like it did and play exactly like it did end of!
    How would you feel if it was entirely optional? As in you only see new models if you have them enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    How would you feel if it was entirely optional? As in you only see new models if you have them enabled?
    Simple enough really.

The way it works, is the server sends your game client a signal with data about what style options your toon has selected, what gear its wearing, its position, etc.

Your game client then searches its files to make that combo. “Hair option 1 + facial hair option 3 + cloak of awesomeness = that look”.

Using optional modern character models would just mean having those options refer to different models. So everyone sees the rendering they chose.

If it's a toggle in the graphics menu then sure have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "I want what I want and what you want is wrong and bad"

Yikes.
    That is literally the point of classic? To tell retail people to stuff it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    it does not matter because you do not see what another player does.
    Disagree, because the types of people upset by the "no new models" thing are exactly the types of people who I don't want in the game.. by virtue of the fact that they're getting upset about something that wasn't in classic (however meaningless) not being in classic. It's great. Keep people who don't like classic out of classic. That simple.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that with how much flak people get for having "nostalgia" for vanilla WoW, it still remains a big part of playing Classic WoW. Blizzard is banking on that as well.

If part of the nostalgia are the old models in vanilla WoW - if that somehow helps complete the "vanilla experience" of Classic WoW - then sure keep the old models.

I get people who say "no changes ever" and I also understand the other side of adding quality of life improvements into Classic WoW. When it comes to player models, NPCs, spell effects and textures they should remain vanilla-fied.