Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to become Vegan?

I believe that animals must die for others to eat and have no problems with it. But let’s be honest having a healthy lifestyle will have you live longer, be youthful, and be healthier.

I’m no where close to 30 but I wish to become a vegan before that age. I will still wear leather and animal fur. I just want the dietary information. Anyone have any tips? And meals?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any tips but I just wanted to say that I have a brother who was vegan because of a documentary he saw on Netflix one day. Was vegan for about 7 months and just recently said he quit and started eating meat again. He said he felt so much better overall now that he's eating meat again. Also he's very fit and works out almost daily.

So what I'm trying to say is that you can be healthy without going vegan. I believe humans aren't designed to be herbivores. We're omnivores. I believe it's healthier to keep a balance of meat and greens instead of restricting your body to only eating greens and false meat (which I think is disgusting).

But you do you. Just wanted to put that out there.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I believe that animals must die for others to eat and have no problems with it. But let’s be honest having a healthy lifestyle will have you live longer, be youthful, and be healthier.

I’m no where close to 30 but I wish to become a vegan before that age. I will still wear leather and animal fur. I just want the dietary information. Anyone have any tips? And meals?
    You do not have to be a vegan to live a long, healthy life. Certain fish, esp. are very healthy for humans to consume. Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines, are among the best.

But this is not meant to deter you from being what you want to be. I have heard and read, it is important to get enough protein in your diet if all you eat is vegetables.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Well the first step is to tell everyone else how awful they are for not being one.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Well the first thing to do is to tell everyone your vegan. cause how else would they know?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating meat and a healthy life style aren't mutually exclusive

First step of being a vegan, be an obnoxious tit and tell others how suddenly you're better than everyone else in your life's ill informed choices.

Why be a vegan honestly?

Being a Vegan isn't healthier. There are many things right now you have to take suppliments for if you go full Vegan. Simply put don't. Just balance your diet out. Humans have meat eating teeth because we evolved to consume both animals and certain fruit and veg (Also the reason young children absolutely hate veg when they're young is also an evolutionary trait to not eat poisonous fruit/veg which is a higher percentage than meat.)

If possible go for a central med (Italian and Greek styles) diets. It adds fresh fish, more fruit veg into the mix and lowers the red meat. You'll be much better off with that then going full vegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You do not have to be a vegan to live a long, healthy life. Certain fish, esp. are very healthy for humans to consume. Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, Sardines, are among the best.

But this is not meant to deter you from being what you want to be. I have heard and read, it is important to get enough protein in your diet if all you eat is vegetables.
    Not so much tuna, it is high in mercury.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember to order the arrogance with a side salad.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I’m no where close to 30 but I wish to become a vegan before that age. I will still wear leather and animal fur. I just want the dietary information.
    It's a lot harder to have a healthy vegetarian / vegan diet than an omnivorous one. It can be done, but for the level of effort you put into it (esp. if you don't want to take nutritional supplements) you might as well just put that same effort into a healthy omnivorous diet.

If you still plan on wearing leather and animal fur...you won't a vegan. You'll be a vegetarian.

Vegans do not eat or use animal products or byproducts.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Avskildhet View Post
    Why would you ever want to even think of associating with vegans much less become one?
    I never said I would associate myself with them because I hate most people in general.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Veganism is very difficult as so many mainstream foods have animal products in them. Vegetarianism is waaaaaaay easier.

Getting adequate protein is hard, hope you like tofu.

My advice is to really focus on those fats/proteins for satiety. Keep a packet of nuts or seeds on you with a piece of fruit as a snack.

As someone who was vegetarian for years and then vegan for years i can tell you there is nothing easy about being vegan. I'm sick of reading vegan posts saying how easy it is. It isn't.

The reason i was vegan is because of the cruelty to animals. I CBA getting into that whole argument if i'm honest. It was something i believed in and we can leave it at that. It was never, ever anything to do with being 'healthy'. I missed the taste of meat and poultry every day. Eating chic peas, nut roasts, beans etc is shit. It's boring. Meat alternatives are not the same, no matter how much everyone likes to tell you they are. Your shopping costs more because you simply have to spend more to be ethical. Your time spent shopping is increased because soooooo many things contain something from animals within it.

It's not healthier per say, you're just restricted more so you eat less foods that have bad things within them.

If you're not changing your dietary requirements because you feel bad for animals and doing it to be healthier than you will fail and there isn't much point.

Just cut bad shit out of your diet. Sugars, Bad Fats, Carbs etc, you'll notice a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to eat a vegan diet: Don't eat anything made with any kind of animal products. So no milk, meat, fish, eggs, whatever.

Nuts, tofu, and vegetables/fruit are going to be what you eat most of.