Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Because their populations aren't already armed to the teeth and justified in being so with a constitutional amendment that's already passed the scrutiny of the highest court of the land on multiple occasions.

This isn't something that's changed just because everyone say "aww, that's a good idea!". It will necessarily involve something really terrible happening.
    after this year's massacre the new zealand government boosted gun control! What has to happen in America for something to be done?

So, I'm willing to deal with the consequences for now, but I ultimately would rather live in a gun-free world. At some point, I think humanity is capable of achieving that, even though I know it won't be in my time. Part of the reason I support disarmament is that during my time in the military, I've been to third-world countries where everyone is toting around a firearm, and it's not how I want to live my life in the 21st century. That seems to be the answer from the pro-gun crowd and I think it's ludicrous. I'm also in favor of effective authoritarianism for the greater good, so there's that.
    You never will because "uninventing things" doesn't actually exist. And the reason I'm glad we have so many firearms is to prevent effective authoritarianism for the greater good as decided by authoritarians.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    after this year's massacre the new zealand government boosted gun control! What has to happen in America for something to be done?
    You can not compare a small island nation which does not give it's citizens the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms with the US. I mean the US has 350+ million people living in it. Think for a moment about those factors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    This is the normal and by the rules thread for discussing all matters concerning gun control, inc events like the recent shootings, since they involve using firearms. Nothing to fix.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a total authoritarian. I just think that the greater masses are inherently too stupid for their own good in a few targeted areas. Freedom should ring for most things, but there are a few things where we need some good old-fashioned dictating. Guns are one of those areas, in my opinion.

My avatar choice that I've had for years might make more sense for some now.
    Which is what roman emperor? And while I may disagree with your stance about banning firearms, I do still respect your right to your opinion.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    You never will because "uninventing things" doesn't actually exist. And the reason I'm glad we have so many firearms is to prevent effective authoritarianism for the greater good as decided by authoritarians.
    Prevent it how? Against armed to the teeth professional army? You might as well fight with wooden branches, you'd have about the same chance of doing something against that.

In reality your government wants you to have guns and to keep buying guns. If the world didn't have conflict, the military industry worth trillions will cease to exist and the USA has the most to lose if that was to happen. This is why tensions are constantly escalating, so that those massive budgets need to be justified.

The government isn't worried about you being armed because they can eradicate you, armed or not. This is just business and you're just a customer. It's not about freedom of speech or your constitution. It's about money.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    ....Melania and I send our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the great people of Texas.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...68519964499968

I'm sick of that hypocritical phrase!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nRes View Post
    Prevent it how? Against armed to the teeth professional army? You might as well fight with wooden branches, you'd have about the same chance of doing something against that.

In reality your government wants you to have guns and to keep buying guns. If the world didn't have conflict, the military industry worth trillions will cease to exist and the USA has the most to lose if that was to happen. This is why tensions are constantly escalating, so that those massive budgets need to be justified.

The government isn't worried about you being armed because they can eradicate you, armed or not. This is just business and you're just a customer. It's not about freedom of speech or your constitution. It's about money.
    They shouldn't be concerned about the citizens exercising a Constitutional right.

But I do agree, I personally do not have or carry my firearms out of concerns of a tyrannical government. We have several safe guards in place to prevent such here.

....Melania and I send our heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the great people of Texas.

The 2nd Amendment is the only gun policy you will ever have, and wisely do not see what happens if you try to usurp it.

10+ Year Old Account

Someone forcing you to read his Twitter comments? And if you are a US citizen, you're chance of removing him from office will come in Nov. 2020.

You will never, ever, ever get what you want in this country. The American people will never allow it.

The 2nd Amendment is the only gun policy you will ever have, and wisely do not see what happens if you try to usurp it.
    I agree that people should have the right to own firearms if they are law bidding citizens but please spare us the melodrama billions of people all over in democratic countries do not have access to a gun and they don't explode.

- - - Updated - - -

You will never, ever, ever get what you want in this country. The American people will never allow it.
    funny people said the same thing about slavery apparently you have psychic powers who knows what will happen in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    ...funny people said the same thing about slavery apparently you have psychic powers who knows what will happen in the future.
    TFW one literally goes with "Freedom is slavery" by comparing American civil liberties to... well, slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You can not compare a small island nation which does not give it's citizens the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms with the US. I mean the US has 350+ million people living in it. Think for a moment about those factors.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the normal and by the rules thread for discussing all matters concerning gun control, inc events like the recent shootings, since they involve using firearms. Nothing to fix.
    It is what I said in the beginning America is not going to change and people continue to be massacred

TFW one literally goes with "Freedom is slavery" by comparing American civil liberties to... well, slavery.
    My point was pretty clear unless you have psychic abilities you don't know what future generations will decide there's a reason we can change the constitution. The founding founders saw fit to give people that ability so never say never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not an emperor, but he was largely responsible for the creation of the empire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulla. This is back when dictator didn't have the negative connotation that it has in modern times. Sulla was sort of the archetype of the benevolent authoritarian.
    Very interesting! Thanks for the link. Sounds like a brilliant military leader and a Roman patriot. Dictatorship, while I do not support, is not a bad thing if you have a wise and benevolent one. But thankfully, we will never need one here as our Constitution has served us very well now for over 200 years.

- - - Updated - - -

It is what I said in the beginning America is not going to change and people continue to be massacred
    And when you look at the number of people here, the numbers are pretty low. Your chances of dying from other non firearm causes are far higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    And if you are a US citizen, you're chance of removing him from office will come in Nov. 2020.
    Do you really think it's a matter of Democrats vs Republicans?
    The both sucking lobbyist's dicks the exact same way for the past decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    It's a matter for the people to get out and vote and if you want to get into a political debate, there is a whole sub forum for such.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well according to democrats it will all magically get better once the ass in the chair is theirs.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

obama at least tried to do something