Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Another Whisper Solved "Foreshadowing Khadgar"

In the 8.2.5 PTR during the Wrathion Questline, he talks about the Forge of Origination and how he has to "turn a key"

"The lord of Ravens will turn the key."

This confirms that this is directly linked to Khadgar turning the key to the Forge of Origination. Especially since thats who Wrathion is trying to find.

Anyone agree with this?
    Kaiba, Vengeance Incarnate
    Level 120 Demon Hunter - Garona, US
    Havoc Specialization
    Level 31 Hunter - Mankrik, US
    Catch me live on Twitch.tv @Kaiba12

Quote Originally Posted by kaiba1 View Post
    In the 8.2.5 PTR during the Wrathion Questline, he talks about the Forge of Origination and how he has to "turn a key"

This confirms that this is directly linked to Khadgar turning the key to the Forge of Origination. Especially since thats who Wrathion is trying to find.

Anyone agree with this?
    How could we disagree? you have said its confirmed, and the title says its solved.... Doesnt really leave a lot of room for discussion here.

Or it was his lengthy conversation with Medivh, who was also known as the Lord of Ravens. Medivh has also been seen multiple times throughout WC3 as well so he might make a return as his spirit form which might have power still who knows. A Medivh return would be pretty cool.

Edit: Could also refer to Odyn who is also the lord of ravens. If the next expaccis to do with the shadowlands well guess who had lost an eye so he can look into the shadowlands?
    Last edited by Hobbidaggy; 2019-08-06 at 12:47 AM.

I think Lord of Ravens could easily be Shaw or Ravenholdt as well, there are a strange number of Uncrowned characters in BFA.

I'm thinking the lord of ravens is actually Wrathion himself. Metaphorically....black dragons seem to be very close to ravens, and Wrathion is always doing shit that empowers someone else we need to beat...

We need a rest from Khadgar after seeing him so much in Draenor and Legion back to back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, if this is true, it seems way too coincidental for the quote to not be referring to Khadgar.

So sure I guess.

If it ends up being Khadgar it makes sense. It seems like it was in MoP that Blizzard established an over-arching story that would span multiple expansions rather than 1 unique story per expansion. They probably got a hint from the success of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Khadgar had big roles in WoD and Legion so it would make sense for him to be a major player in this over-arching story and make his return to it. Same with Wrathion.

A bit off-topic: I kind of miss the days when one expansion didn't necessarily lead to the next one, or if it did, it was minor.

Vanilla did not set up the Burning Crusade. BC didn't set up WotLK. WotLK did not set-up Cata.

Cata set-up MoP although only on a basic level.

Personally I think changing the formula to expansions setting up expansions pigeon holes Blizzard creatively. They end up spending more time trying get things (expansion's story/features/new game elements) to make sense, if only barely, to fit the theme and atmosphere of the following expansion and it doesn't come off organically.
    Last edited by MechaCThun; 2019-08-06 at 01:30 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If someone has to turn the key to the Forge of Origination to combat N'Zoth, then it's the Prime Designate himself - Odyn. Also notorious for walking the land in a disguise with his two pet giant ravens.

I need more Dadgar in my life.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Shaw has always seemed a bit odd and off.

He only says "the forge of origination is the key".
    At first i thought it may be medivh because he influences wrathion. I even think its possible wrathion may want to bring pre-N'zoth neltharion back.
    But judging by the last whispers it isn't a metaphor or anything, but to be taken literally. The circle of stars is a place that is called that way, the king of diamonds is magni and so on.
    So what im getting at is Khadgar and Medivh are possible, but Odyn is still the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Completely agree - Khadgar was clever enough not to fall for the Legion's trick with becoming a guardian, which is something he wanted. I doubt he'd do something like mess with a titan machine
    As long as the forge isn't powered by apexis crystals we're probably fine.

I mean, just because his staff lets him turn into a raven, it's a bit of a stretch to call him, the "Lord of Ravens".

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    A bit off-topic: I kind of miss the days when one expansion didn't necessarily lead to the next one, or if it did, it was minor.

Vanilla did not set up the Burning Crusade. BC didn't set up WotLK. WotLK did not set-up Cata.

Cata set-up MoP although only on a basic level.
    *checks notes*

Kazzak definitely invaded in Vanilla and triggered TBC.
    The Sunwell reigniting definitely woke up Arthas.
    Night of the Dragon, released a week into Wrath, directly sets up Cataclysm. (But, fair play, a bit left field.)
    The Cataclysm caused the Mists (... of Pandaria) to recede.
    Garrosh and Kairoz using the Timeless Isle Sands triggered WoD.
    Alternate Gul'dan summoned the Legion through the the Tomb of Sargeras.
    Sargeras plunged his sword into Azeroth starting the Blood War.

They were just worse at telling incremental stories earlier on, since they couldn't hotfix events or quests on live and patches took a lot longer to install. I assure you it was all there at the time. Only TBC-Wrath and Wrath-Cata was a bit confusing, since those developments were explain in books and often indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think Lord of Ravens could easily be Shaw or Ravenholdt as well, there are a strange number of Uncrowned characters in BFA.
    Tbh, I could see Shaw, For all we know that might not be the actual Mathias Shaw we "saved" in the Rogue Class hall campaign quest "The Captive Spymaster". Also I've had thoughts that something has been kinda up with him in BFA.

Edit: Did you ever "Sit around and listen" him?
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2019-08-06 at 02:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Kazzak definitely invaded in Vanilla and triggered TBC.

Fair enough.

The Sunwell reigniting definitely woke up Arthas.
    Umm, I thought his awakening was due to the stuff going on "in his dreams" about becoming the dominant personality of the Lich King. In the Arthas novel, that is. That would have nothing to do with the Sunwell.

Where does it say about the Sunwell re-igniting woke him up?

The Cataclysm caused the Mists (... of Pandaria) to recede.
    Yeah, I said so in my post saying Cata set up MoP but only on a basic level. Really just revealing a random ass continent and the factions - or just Garrosh - wanting to get there first.

I also believe it was around this expansion they changed the way they told the stories in-game and began to have their expansions lead into one another.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post

This is false. There was a lot of setup for cata. Starting from back in Vanilla was the twilight cult, and then took a break in BC, then in wrath there was a TON of twilight cult setup. A lot of allusions to "The world will burn" and "A coming Apocalypse." That the NPC quest givers just shrugged off.

Man, those Il'gynoth whispers are turning out way more literal than we expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside your window... sit up straighter, that's bad for your posture!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onmius View Post
    This is false. There was a lot of setup for cata. Starting from back in Vanilla was the twilight cult, and then took a break in BC, then in wrath there was a TON of twilight cult setup. A lot of allusions to "The world will burn" and "A coming Apocalypse." That the NPC quest givers just shrugged off.
    There was also that Ruby Dragonshrine raid as a filler bit between Wrath and Cata.
    "Is it a crime to know the truth? Is it sin to reach for those things which you fear?" - Schwarzvald

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It also doesn't have to be a literal key. Could be Wrathon's conversation with Medivh turns a metaphorical key. Or that wayyyyy back in Legion Khadgar's plan to use the Titanstones turned the key that opened N'Zoth's literal prison by exposing the Tidestone for Azshara to take.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Anyone agree with this?
    Khadgar can transform into a raven thanks to Atiesh, but I think that hardly makes him the "lord of ravens".