Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmondil View Post
    So have we told Magni that he was made a pawn? That whole chamber can be compromised for all we know, has this been discussed with veryone present?
    What I'm more interested in is what happens to our HoA. You'd think its power was completely depleted the same way Artifacts' power was, to release N'zoth. But then, I don't really expect them to just drop HoA for 8.2.5 / 8.3 because of the AP and essences, so... a loophole?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheel View Post
    You've really been playing this game wrong...
    1000 days played time in 15 years really isn't that long.

66 days played per year.

.18 hours played per day (that's 11 minutes).
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez2 View Post
    do people really read spoilers or quests in general?

playing since vanilla (almost 1000days played on main toon), dont think i ever read a ques or story line.
    That's a shame bro. There's some really good stories in WoW if you just take the time, but I appreciate if you are a slow reader it could be quite annoying.

so now any and everyone can resist the Old Gods whispers thank to a fucking potion ? so much for cosmic power heh ?

i fucking hate this game and it's story

playing since vanilla (almost 1000days played on main toon), dont think i ever read a ques or story line.
    You doing it that way =/= everyone else follows your lead. The many lore discussion threads and forums and books and cinematics etc should tell you that a lot of people care about the story.

Wait. So we just give the pages the MOTHER despite what the note says. This surely won't come back to bite us in the arse /s

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post

66 days played per year.

Your math is slightly off.. It's 4.4 hours each day (66 * 24/365), so quite a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheel View Post
    You've really been playing this game wrong...
    Are they really? Isn't the point of game is to let you play the way you want to?

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    so now any and everyone can resist the Old Gods whispers thank to a fucking potion ? so much for cosmic power heh ?

Yeah that's... weird. Now we have a freaking potion to be completely, entirely, definitely immune to probably the biggest threat on Azeroth right now. Not more resilient to whispers, immune.

Wut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post

66 days played per year.

No, your math isn't slightly off, it's WAY off. 66 days a year is 0.18% OF A YEAR, not OF A DAY.
    As another poster pointed out, that's 1584 hours. Given there are 365 days in a year, that averages out at 4 hours, 20 mins and 23 seconds per day. To average over 4 hours game time a day assuming ABSOLUTELY NOT A SINGLE DAY IS TAKEN OFF, is in 'Massively Addicted' territory. This doesn't even account for any potential alts the guy has.

So he's either full of crap and massively exaggerating, or he represents 0.01% or less of the playerbase who treat the game as a part-time job.

11 min playtime per day for 15 years would give you a small total of 41.8 days /played on that toon.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you asking a serious question or just speaking rhetorically? Of course millions of people read quest text and care about the plot... If you're just running around doing shit with no context then it feels so hollow and pointless.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-08-06 at 05:32 PM.

Ok I have not played since March, but why in the video is a glowing floating pringle following that guy around?

7+ Year Old Account
    So now there's just some potion that can stop old gods? I always thought what they did to Warhammer was the worst writing ever but Wow is getting up there.

Let's not jump to conclusions just yet, it's not like every plan that Wrathion has ever gone with so far ended up backfiring or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I don't usually read / look at spoilers. I read these because I'm actually very curious about Wrathion's involvement.
    I also read quests but that wasn't always the case, so I get where you're coming from.
    When I started playing, I was reading everything. But I got invited by some random in the starting area to do quests together. And he was just skipping through the text so I had to do the same to keep up. Haven't properly read quest text since then. I read some quests that looked important (like when we invaded Undercity and every expansion starting quests), but I skipped a lot.
    Then they announced the Warcraft movie and I decided to make sure I knew the lore before that. So I spent a few months reading all the novels. All the ingame books. All the comics. The only one I haven't read is Traveller (I have it and started on it but I stopped after about 20 pages). After that, I started reading all quests. At some point, I also used a story addon that forced you to read all text - I removed it because it was annoying on my main when I was doing repetitve stuff and only kept it on alts.

So... I guess yes, there are people who do that. But I also get you, sometimes it takes a lot of willpower to read the generic lines for a quest that has you kill 10 more hydras or bring in 5 Angel Stars.
    just wanna say: good and differentiated answer and to a good degree i am in the same boat.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2019-08-06 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Ok I have not played since March, but why in the video is a glowing floating pringle following that guy around?
    I think its a thing healers can have now because of their heart necklace. I'm mostly guessing because I see it on players that can have healing specs and I haven't seen it as an option on my melee dps main. I'm not sure exactly what it does, but when it first came out I thought it was a battle pet. Its un-targetable though. Sure is cool looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Blech, old god stuff is so boring. Really hope that's not where the story is going but it looks like it is. Kind of kills the meager hope I had for 9.0.

The old gods are pawns of the void lords. Powerful pawns, but pawns nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Blech, old god stuff is so boring. Really hope that's not where the story is going but it looks like it is. Kind of kills the meager hope I had for 9.0.
    You hope an old god expansion isn't going to have story elements about old gods?

You hope the next expansion in a game about the old gods where every other enemy has been defeated isn't about the old gods?

This is just a whole new level of ultracasual.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Then leave...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksong View Post
    Then leave...
    Already did before 8.1

and yet this pathetic excuse of a being that is myself still care for the story ,i can't let go. Seeing characthers and in-universe rules being butchered for convenience or to further an agenda still make me seethe.

thinking that those hack get paid for writting absolute garbage like that is beyond my level of comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyminar View Post
    Your math is slightly off.. It's 4.4 hours each day (66 * 24/365), so quite a lot!
    This is why I didn't do well in math. LOL
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail