Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    if you really were a top performer, then you were left out because the rl made some kind of personal decision. like maybe a favor to a friend or something. however, before jumping to that conclusion you should definitely ask them why you were benched for the night when you were a top performer according to logs. if they hesitate to give you an answer about why you were benched or don't have an answer right away, i would suspect something is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    He hates you, only explanation tbh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Good news is, that like every patchwerk boss it gets dramatically easier (well in comparison to other bosses) as your raid gets more gear, ap, and essence upgrades. So being sat on this boss is not as much of an issue as being sat on a boss that requires learning curve of complicated mechanics. It's easier to swap people in for "dps check" bosses once dps stops being a roadblock.
    i don't know if you mythic raid (i do but really just so the other 19 people can, i don't enjoy it that much) but people want to be there for the kill. it's not the same feeling as killing a boss for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i don't know if you mythic raid (i do but really just so the other 19 people can, i don't enjoy it that much) but people want to be there for the kill. it's not the same feeling as killing a boss for the first time.
    I do, currently progressing on Queen's Court, and people shouldn't really obsess about being benched on some mid-tier boss. Endboss? Okay. You don't wanna miss the nerd screams and the "cutting edge" pop up.

Expecting a mythic guild to work on a 20 man roster with 100% attendance so nobody ever gets benched is a pipe dream.

What I meant by what I said is at least he won't be in a situation where he's perma benched on that boss for the next 3 months, because it's fairly easy to swap a person in, especially a dps. Within 4 resets Ashvane went for us from "bloody impossible" to "farm status". Gear / neck upgrades matter a lot on that boss, for some guilds it might come when their raiders get to 65 and get more trinkets, bis azerite, etc.

I was benched during most of Uldir thanks to amazing Blizzard's class balance to the point that for majority of the progression I was only brought for 2 bosses, and I had to live with it. Was bored out of my skull all these weeks, but can't blame the guild for picking best classes / specs they could for the fights.

Now is the perfect time to weasel in on a kill. You should've been talking shit about the other dps, like casual. Stuff like "man frostitute seems to be doing a lot of m+ with members of stormwind legion lately. You don't think he's planning on leaving do you? It's unrelated but frostitute has been confiding in me about your leadership lately. Don't worry. I got your back. I always defend you against the other dps. You do a great job." Bang, you're back in leeching a kill you didn't work for and getting loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    Ok so I asked him and it's good news (and thanks for that long analysis @hynx, but I assure you I'm not toxic or that egoistic :P) - it's something simple I stupidly missed. I missed a progression night recently. I've had 95%+ attendance since BoD progression so it didn't really cross my mind. My RL was super chill and explained that he prioritizes people who could make all the nights so far, and that it wasn't related to my performance. For a wall like Ashvane I can see how it's more fair to keep the people who have been there since pull 1. Still kind of a bummer but oh well.
    I am happy to hear that it was resolved. I only addressed the toxic potential part because many many toxic people are oblivious to their own toxic actions, and saw it as a possibility. have a great time going forward though.