Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Graphics don't make the game, idiot.
    Classic's graphics look old and suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Classic only exists to grab some money from nostalgia addicts.

Chicken chicken dinner winner answer right there!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    The appeal of Classic is hard to understand for expansion babies, but hoping it fails just because you don't like it is very weird.
    if it attracts players that look down on retail players I can see why they have hostility over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    If Classic does not go F2P with its outdated graphics it's probably doomed.
    They should have an option to outright buy unlimited access to classic for the price of a AAA game imo, especially since it is a stand alone game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They should have an option to outright buy unlimited access to classic for the price of a AAA game imo, especially since it is a stand alone game.
    If classic people are going to stay around forever charging them 15 dollars a month seems like a really smart thing to do.

Even if they get burned out and bored in 2 months that's still 30 dollars. Meanwhile I don't know how many people, other than people that strong despise retail, would actually want to pay 30 dollars upfront for a 15 year old game. Those people would probably still begrudgingly resub to retail but never turn it on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Classic wow is dumb and i hope it fails.
    Yet here you are on the classic forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    For like three weeks until people realise the nostalgia is in their head and that classic/ vanilla is/was a horrible bug filled abomination that shouldn't exist....

Oh guys you mean i get to grind Strat, LBRS, Scholomance, av,ab and wsg forever then do MC once a week and be bored out of my mind of the incredibly linear and one dimensional bosses that half your raid can afk at? I'd totally not want this spirit on my dps gear, but ah well.. My class isn't a pure dps you say? ah well guess i'll go sit in the corner and cry for eternity...
    STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE WAAAAA CRY CRY.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    If classic people are going to stay around forever charging them 15 dollars a month seems like a really smart thing to do.

Even if they get burned out and bored in 2 months that's still 30 dollars. Meanwhile I don't know how many people, other than people that strong despise retail, would actually want to pay 30 dollars upfront for a 15 year old game. Those people would probably still begrudgingly resub to retail but never turn it on anyway.
    I still think my idea is better considering they already have online only games that get no new content and you can buy them outright like Diablo 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I still think my idea is better considering they already have online only games that get no new content and you can buy them outright like Diablo 3.
    it's possible, but it's also possible that they think attaching it to retail will have better effects at overall player(revenue) retention.

How much would you charge for standalone wow classic if you can decide?

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Blizzard was too smart not to have "classic subs" and "retail subs" because Retail would die too fast.
    Classic is literally going to save Blizzard & wow from reporting major losses in revenue for Q3 of 2019.

There's a very specific reason why Classic launches in Q3 of 2019.
    Blizzard understands (from historical data) that 1 year into a new expansion there begins the major fallout.

Classic has been strategically timed to ensure Sub numbers INCREASE this year and make shareholders happy.
    Classic also gives blizzard a 12 month window to retain Subs before the next fall off.

Now, Retail or Classic aside - the entire wow community should be rooting for the success of Classic.
    Should Classic wow be a huge hit Blizzard has a chance to bring together both Retail & Classic players in the next expansion.

Let's assume the next expansion gets announced this fall sometime and then released sometime in Q3 of 2020 to yet again.... retain Sub numbers for that year's financial filing!

So please everyone, we understand that retail is a sinking ship.
    We also understand that classic along with every other version of the game has it's flaws.

What we need to hope for is that the player base increases. Wow needs more players to continue it's legacy!
    OP make sensible point, then gets these two replies;

Quote Originally Posted by Pearljamed View Post
    I don't care about retail. Not sure how much time I'm gonna play classic until I drop it
    as the very first two replies. This is exactly whats wrong with wow regardless retail or classic. Fucking spanners

You're dumb and I hope you succeed. Because I'm not an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    it's possible, but it's also possible that they think attaching it to retail will have better effects at overall player(revenue) retention.

How much would you charge for standalone wow classic if you can decide?
    Same as any AAA release, maybe 10$ more for the server infrastructure, but also have it as is with the monthly fee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That's only "milking" if you let yourself be milked. You can reserve 3 characters so you're not even able to do so on all realms. If you have a unique name it will be free anyway, paying 3 weeks early to get "Flynn" isn't worth it.
    I don't think this is a realistic view of things, Blizzard did it specifically because they knew people would pay for it. They are milking people, the fact that people are susceptible to it doesn't take away from the fact that Blizzard did it specifically because of that fact that it will work.

Classic's graphics look old and suck.
    They are old and they do suck, nobody cares. People still play Super Mario Brothers from 1985 and Pokemon on the Gameboy.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-08-08 at 09:10 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Has it been 15 years already?
    Yes. ”everyone" is super excited to play a 15 year old (or 14, I don't remember exactly when 1.12 released) version of the game.

If Classic does not go F2P with its outdated graphics it's probably doomed.
    The fuck does that have to do with anything? If you play a game for its graphics you're an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    there's more to games than graphics.
    tell that to the C.o.D/'insert other console fps' kids who only play games that have the 'best graphics ever'.

Though the OP is accurate in some sense (a lot of players wouldn't want to pay for 2 15 dollar a month subs, rather the game they're playing more at the time), the downside is a Classic only sub might have been cheaper than 15 dollars if they offered the option. All hypothetical though. Most likely not. They want that crossover.

i feel the same about you

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Yes. ”everyone" is super excited to play a 15 year old (or 14, I don't remember exactly when 1.12 released) version of the game.
    I stopped shortly after the 10 year anniversary and was surprised that was 5 years ago, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

As much as I have enjoyed the classic times when I was younger, I just don't know that I could go back to that hardcore of an experience. I will certainly create a character and level them up, albeit extremely slowly if for nothing else than to get benediction again, (still can't believe I got rid of that account). Anyway, I wish them luck and it seems like Blizzard is giving this their all, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Chicken chicken dinner winner answer right there!!!!
    not really, IMO the majority of Classic players will be people who actually never played it.
    At the start at least.

In the end, only the hardcore will remain, mainly people who played classic and whatnot.