Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only 2 English PVP Server in EU? My theory is that they let all streamers and their fanboys register to the actual servers and 1-2 weeks later, they'll announce, that they'll open some more servers. So they could possibly provide streamerless servers. Maybe I'm wrong, but that servercount in EU is much too low even in a longterm perspective. It may be the same for NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    What was the number for a healthy population, 5k? They are VASTTTTTTTTTTTTLY underestimating the demand, even with the expected 70%+ drop off. Like, hilariously so.

After all is said and done, and they have to remove layering, there will have to be at least 20 servers.
    Or maybe, just maybe you're vastly overestimating how popular it will be? Nah, it's not like this sub forum is one of the biggest pro-Classic echo chambers on the internet or anything.

I mean, I doubt there will be any streamers on the oceanic realms and despite being in Canada thats where I will be playing. I've tested and it's only like 150 ms, compared to the 300 I used to play with in actual vanilla connecting the other way (AUS-US).

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    They should all be coerced by Blizzard to be on the same server as to not effect normies like the rest of us.
    Or they should force all the anti streamers together. So all u cry babies can be together

"Classic will have 10 Million players" which would mean ~2m for the US, I doubt that 1 server can handle an average of 150k active players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...d-types/246645

Might be a little harder to avoid streamers...
    5 PVE, 6 PVP.
    also most streamers will prob all go on one server so they can play together.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Mankrik or Bloodscale for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The thing I'm more worried about with the popular streamers is faction imbalance. Unlike retail it actually matters that you have a close to 50/50 split between factions on your server if you want to enjoy world PvP. With only 5 PvP servers I hope we do get an unofficial streamer server that attracts the bigger streamers.
    50/50 is an ideal scenario but likely won't shake out. People will flock to the side that is slightly in favor and that will continue until the server is hugely imbalanced. Its a domino effect that keeps going. Vanilla was not balanced, heck even with the introduction of cross-battlegroup BGs some Battlegroups were heavily biased to one faction or another.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Or they should force all the anti streamers together. So all u cry babies can be together
    Nah, it is just dumb when a wave of people come by and you are trying to quest in peace and then have to stop playing because of it, which is exactly what was happening during the beta/stress tests.

I am still down for playing on their servers, I will likely wait a few days until they are gone from the starting areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    No you can't.
    Yes, you can. RP realms have very specific rules governing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    What was the number for a healthy population, 5k? They are VASTTTTTTTTTTTTLY underestimating the demand, even with the expected 70%+ drop off. Like, hilariously so.

After all is said and done, and they have to remove layering, there will have to be at least 20 servers.
    Oh no, healthy population is closer to 1500, with 1000 concurrent peak players. 1K leaves both PvP and PvE healthy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Russia is not a member of the EU.
    Because obviously "EU Servers" stands for "European Union Servers", not "Europe Servers" ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There are 44 countries in Europe. Country-specific servers can't really count as European ones, because very small parts of the region can play there.
    It's about language, not country. Blizzard estimated that enough French/German/Russian speaking people play WoW to make 2 servers for each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Correct. They're Asian.
    About 75% of Russian people lives in European part.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-08-09 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh no, healthy population is closer to 1500, with 1000 concurrent peak players. 1K leaves both PvP and PvE healthy.
    Even 500 per faction was healthy on all the private server I played on, there was no shortage of players except for a lul between 30 to 45 ish when it came to dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    There are 44 countries in Europe. Country-specific servers can't really count as European ones, because very small parts of the region can play there.
    There are no country-specific servers, there are language-specific servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Even 500 per faction was healthy on all the private server I played on, there was no shortage of players except for a lul between 30 to 45 ish when it came to dungeons.
    That's what I meant, 1K split 50/50 between the two.

Some [Unspeakables] got by with 200 concurrent with faction mixing

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Because obviously "EU Servers" stands for "European Union Servers", not "Europe Servers" ;D
    You never know. Russia might have heard that there was an opening coming up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Vanilla tends to be good at reaching close to 50/50 numbers thanks to paladins and shamans being separated. Even if Horde has better racials in PvP paladins are better than shamans at PvP.

Also it's much harder to just switch factions in vanilla compared to retail.
    My recollection from Vanilla days was pretty much all 70/30 servers i played 3 Vanilla servers, Bloodhoof (horde bias, though one good ally guild), Spinebreaker (horde bias but less so), and Tichondrius (only played a bit but pretty sure it was Ally heavy). Though that was 13 years ago, so i might be misrembering some. But you can look at existing servers and see balance never really stays heavily, especially when word gets out that one server is favoring a faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    You never know. Russia might have heard that there was an opening coming up.
    I loled thanks.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its sad this has to exist... but I'm glad it does.
    Same. Fuck those cunts. Such a toxic affect on the game. I hope they're all on one screechy server together.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Really 1k? When private servers do around 10k? hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    Yeah, I don’t RP, but I’m rolling on a RP server just to avoid things like political arguments in trade.
    Oh you sweet summer child.
    Speciation Is Gradual