Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account

Controversial AddOns

So, I have most of my addons loaded & ready to go on launch day, hopefully the missing ones will be fixed soon. There are a few that will definately upset the #NoChanges crowd, take a look...

AllyRoute: This one gives you the exact route that Dwarf Hunter Varrak's did on his speed run. It literally tells you where to go & what to do.

Questie adds quest tracking on the map & shows you objectives, locations & where to turn in & pick up new quests. No more wandering around or reading.

Leatrix Plus mostly has some appearance & minor QOL changes, but it does have a feature that auto turns in quests, auto accepts & skips all of the text.

Atlas & Handy Notes bott add a LOT of information to the maps & dungeon mas that show: NPC's & quest info.

Are these heating? Probably so. Am I using them, you bet I am. My list

7+ Year Old Account
    I find it very hard to believe that quest tracker addons and so forth didn't exist back in 2004.

Why would they now be any more "controversial"?

Formerly known as Arafal

Everyone will play how they like, if you're an addon addict or not, important is to enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    We had quest helpers in vanilla? Why would it upset anyone that we have them this time around as well.
    Technically yeah. Thottbot guide addon and coordinates

The most controversial one is gotta be ClassicLFG.

In regard's to questie....it's pretty hard to go back to the old style of questing, after having objs on the map for so long. Kinda a pandora's box thing, it's already opened. I'll be using it 100%. If this was my first time through classic, I MIGHT not of.

We had quest helper addons in vanilla that showed where to go also, wasn't that late on either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    Why EXACTLY are they 'controversial'?

Your game do as you chose... 'No changes' means Blizzard doesn't change... folks dont care what YOU do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing extraordinary about those addons. Leveling guide or wowhead on a second monitor would work just as well. If someone does not care about immersion, that's his own choice. I bet that many of those players will burn out from that behaviour and will stop playing shortly, but that's their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I find it very hard to believe that quest tracker addons and so forth didn't exist back in 2004.

Why would they now be any more "controversial"?
    There were a few, those of us that played vanilla remember that.

An addon is an addon.. DL it or not.. pretty simple at this point and not much of a reason to fuss over it.

Paid for version of Carbonite.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i care about 3 addons:

Questie

zBar

'some kind of unit frame' so i can move the player/target frame to a no retarded position on my screen

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    An addon is an addon.. DL it or not.. pretty simple at this point and not much of a reason to fuss over it.
    You should see the reaction when someone mentions the LFG addon for classic

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You should see the reaction when someone mentions the LFG addon for classic
    Don't get me wrong. I am totally against it. But at this point Blizzard breaks it or it doesn't. If you want to take part in it than go for it at this point.. the community will have t decide.

Guys, they are "controversial" because so many pro classic people have been talking about how you had to read quest texts and got no help from the game to know where you should go to find x mob or x item, when in reality they'll just download these addons so it was pretty pointless to bring it up at all :P

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendChris View Post
    Controversial AddOns
    None of these are controversial.

the one that plays the game for you and tells you exactly what to do in a raid fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Guys, they are "controversial" because so many pro classic people have been talking about how you had to read quest texts and got no help from the game to know where you should go to find x mob or x item, when in reality they'll just download these addons so it was pretty pointless to bring it up at all :P
    They should run for office with the amount of hypocrisy that they exhibit. I wish there was a way that Blizzard could force their account to not have a single addon so they can have the "true" No Changes experience.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    the one that plays the game for you and tells you exactly what to do in a raid fight
    And yet somehow well over 95% of the population fails at it. Geez the dev must be using the average player as their baseline to play for you instead of someone competent.