Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah Blizzard are showing pure arrogance and disrespect with the amount of servers they've got prepared. Which almost invalidates the purpose of picking a server and nickname. Okay there may not be 10 million players playing Classic, but 12 servers can't handle even 1 million, 500k or even 200k people.

How exactly are they doing their math on this? Are they expecting there will be no more than 100k people per region playing Classic? That's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I can see it now. Two Ironforge Mountaineers gazing to the east, toward Loch Modan, as the earth shakes.
    "Mountaineer Methodd, do ye see anything?"
    "Nay, but I hear something..."
    "What is it?"
    "Fear."

A horde following a streamer, spamming ten-year-old memes and ASCII Pepe art. The ground trembles underfoot as they swarm across Dun Morogh like locusts. And the dwarves truly know what it means to fear.
    I'd laugh pretty hard at this....of course if it happened to someone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    My maybe poorly worded point, is that when all is said and done, they will need more than 13 servers to appropriately house the amount of people playing. I predict anyway. I'd be SHOCKED if classic only has 5000x13 players in NA. Or whatever the "right" server pop is.
    Where are you getting the idea from that a server can only have 5k players?
    Checking WoWprogress a Full server is more in the realm of 30-40k.

I would consider half a million players in the US for a 15 year old game to be very successful. (note i'm talking about in 1-2 months time. Not a launch where more will likely try it).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm east coast pve. Kinda feel like mankrik will be the horde one and pagle the alliance one. Not sure it will help with balancing sides. Shldve named them sonething else imo
    I agree here. Mankrik will most definitely be the Horde centric and Pagle the Alliance PvE servers, for the east at the very least but possibly in general. Herod and Whitemane will be the big servers for PvP but I'm not certain of split (in my estimation at least).

I don't believe there will be a good way to avoid streamers on any server due to the number available so I'd just make your character(s) on your realm of choice and not concern yourself. At the very least, if you hear a streamer you dislike is on your server you can just try to avoid wherever they happen to be until they do whatever mouth-breathing activity they came to do is done.

I do feel for the EU players though as a number of their server names are not so interesting in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    And half of them will still be ghost towns in 3 months
    You may be right... and you may be wrong. But it doesn't matter to me whatsoever... I'm going to play Classic because it's a superior game to me and I'll enjoy it.

I'm excited about it... truly excited. Sure hope you can be excited about a game again someday.