Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Less servers and higher population = more guilds and people to play with.

Only down side is profession gathering competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Graphics don't make the game, idiot.
    "Hey want to play this game called Classic WoW?" - "idk looks really old... how much does it cost?" - "15 dollars a month" - "whaaat??? Hahahah get out of here!"

- Trying to get a new player to play Classic

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    "Hey want to play this game called Classic WoW?" - "idk looks really old... how much does it cost?" - "15 dollars a month" - "whaaat??? Hahahah get out of here!"

- Trying to get a new player to play Classic
    Know the story of Pandora's Box?

The Gods created a female...blessed her with many virtues, including "curiosity" and gave her a box...and told her to never open the box.
    Ultimately she opened the box and released all kinds of evil and ruin to the world.

Same situation will happen for Classic IMO (because its free stuff from basic wow sub)

EDIT: For clarification, I think everyone will play Classic out of curiosity
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-08-11 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Classic wow is dumb and i hope it fails.
    Both versions are dumb af, and hope this chicken making golden eggs finally will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Know the story of Pandora's Box?

The Gods created a female...blessed her with many virtues, including "curiosity" and gave her a box...and told her to never open the box.
    Ultimately she opened the box and released all kinds of evil and ruin to the world.

Same situation will happen for Classic IMO (because its free stuff from basic wow sub)

EDIT: For clarification, I think everyone will play Classic out of curiosity
    Define "everyone". And you are assuming "everyone" actually play BFA. Looool

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Define "everyone".
    Ãt least every WoW player who didnt get to experience Classic...every retail player unless they hava a passionate hate against classic crowd.

People who post this kind of stuff:
    Will never play Classic

Very few people would pay for an outdated game.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Ãt least every WoW player who didnt get to experience Classic...every retail player unless they hava a passionate hate against classic crowd
    Don't talk for everyone. I do not hate the classic crowd, actually I hope they have fun with the game. But I will not play classic, not even making a character.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Very few peole would pay for an outdated game.
    Are you familiar with "fashion"? Im not but even me and my mom know "retro" or "classic" always becomes the "new" season thing.
    Every single time, along the years.

The retro crowd is huge.
    Same thing for movies and videogames.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Don't talk for everyone. I do not hate the classic crowd, actually I hope they have fun with the game. But I will not play classic, not even making a character.
    Ofcourse, when i say "everyone" is not actually everyone. Im generalizing ofc

The only point in Classic is to give a massive sub boost (which it will). And when the majority of the playerbase falls off (which it will) the plan is for them to go straight to retail.

Classic isn't being done to please the people that want it, it's being done to trick the hundreds of thousands of short term players into live again. It's not gonna entice everyone, but it's sure as shit gonna get more people into retail. To not see this, to genuinely believe that Classic is going to "kill retail" is hilarious. The statistics from every major classic server prove it doesn't have longevity. The player retention across Classic servers thus far have been worse than any expansion. By a damn big margin. Many loose 70+% of their playerbase in under a year. The number of hardcore, long term Classic players is significantly lower than most claim, realistically, I'd be surprised if classic as a whole pulled more than 200k people in a years time. Once classic is live, once any remaining bugs are ironed out, it's going to require 0 development. It's something that's not going to cost them allot compared to a new expansion, and is likely going to pull in more players than an expansion would at this point. If classic had a long term developmental commitment, Blizzard wouldn't be doing it. Classic is a ploy, to shut up the classic crowd, but firstly, to cash in on that terrible terrible retention by offering every single Classic player Live at the same time.

I'm gonna play, and enjoy both. Neither is going to die, both are going to do as expected and the returning players that came back for classic and stayed for live are going to provide the funding for both games. Live brings in a bigger revenue per player due to tokens (more than 2x sub fee - Blizzard MAKES MORE money than they would from 2x subs every time someone buys a token) and store shit e.t.c

If Blizzard thought for a second that classic had ANY chance of causing the slightest bit of damage to live (outside of the initial few months) They'd pull the plug instantly. Classic being more successful than live would be catastrophic for their revenue, that's less expansion sales, less sub money, less store income. At this point they'd be scrambling for an excuse to shut it down.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2019-08-11 at 04:54 PM.

Classic wow is literally the best game ever, if you are the mmo type of gamer, i played classic in 2006 and i played it again 2 yrs ago in a private server, it still was amazing and addictive and there were alot of ppl there, the only problem i see is that the new generation of gamers, the teenagers that have free time to play, are not into mmos and the older generations like myself are now adults with jobs and families, but classic will definately pull a few million players, old and new ones.

Nostalgia is the path of failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixiuz View Post
    If Classic does not go F2P with its outdated graphics it's probably doomed.
    You mean with its outdated everything, being its main selling feature?

Hoping something that has no impact in your life to fail is quite absurd, sad even.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Did you have anything to add to the conversation other than quoting a days old post with no context? Or are you still grasping onto a grudge from the one time I had an exchange with you more than three fucking years ago?
    Because you think I remember you from 3 years ago ?
    I just often see your avatar aside some shitposting about Classic, that's all. So seeing you make a comment on it was a bit too much irony for me to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Blizzard was too smart not to have "classic subs" and "retail subs" because Retail would die too fast.
    Are you implying that they are or that you messed up the double negative? I have been given no indication they'll be separate subscriptions. That would be stupid and I would never pay that much extra for a game I already played.

5+ Year Old Account
    Simple, you feel retail its not giving you content, you change to classic until retail has new content. Done

Right now my content on Aszhara its nearly over just( i already have the meta achi of Mechagon, the Glory of EP and AoTC) in time for Classic, so if this going as we expect, there will be never time off for WoW (classic or retail) wich its good for Blizzard and players a like.

Probably my biggest problem will start when i want to play Cyberpunk too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurwi View Post
    So much fighting over some few months long nostalgia trip that is Classic.
    People like the OP who keep making these delusional threads, don't seem to realize they're helping to pay for development of live no matter if they play live or classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    Simple, you feel retail its not giving you content, you change to classic until retail has new content. Done

Right now my content on Aszhara its nearly over just( i already have the meta achi of Mechagon, the Glory of EP and AoTC) in time for Classic, so if this going as we expect, there will be never time off for WoW (classic or retail) wich its good for Blizzard and players a like.

Probably my biggest problem will start when i want to play Cyberpunk too.
    The irony is leaving live because it hasn't gotten any new content to go and play decade old content that will never be updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Thing that I don't like doesn't effect me at all, I hope it fails so people who do like it don't get to enjoy it, even though it's existence harms me in no way."

What the hell is wrong with you?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Threads like this are stupid. Can you people not see that classic and retail appeal to different player types who seek a different thing out of WoW? Both games will have their target markets and playerbases. It's not 'one vs the other', it's 'both compliment each other'. There will always be people who prefer retail's faster pace, quicker rewards and more RNG. There'll always be people who prefer classic's slower pace, larger investment, more traditional RPG feel.

It's not about one killing the other, nor will it ever be. How about people who enjoy classic play classic, people who enjoy retail play retail, and people who enjoy both play both? It's that fucking simple. As long as you're having fun why do you care, or want to see the other side fail? Why?

Yet people here seem to think it's some kind of war. It's pathetic.
    one of the very few rational and not useless answers in threads like these. wish more ppl with that mindset would play wow or post on mmoc. also wish most of the „insert a word that leads to infraction“ here would play Candy Crush or whatever instead wow.