Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Because, explosives, flamethrowers, shockcoils, and whacky mechanical arms etc. are what I believe should be the "focus" of the class damage-wise. Is there any class that dual-wields something and it isn't part of their main damage arsenal? It seems incredibly stupid to double-down on something barely used in the first place.
    Oh so you did not understand what I said. I wasn't specifically talking about ballistic weapons. My main issue was introducing dual wielded guns, in general, as new weapon type, so if you want shockcoils - dual shockcoils. However hunters could definitely use dual handheld ballistic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    I was always talking in terms of the tinker theme, not realistic usage. I mean if you want to use this line logic above, then is having mages use double wands fair game? Because I think that's the same level of stupidity.

But if you want to go the "realistic" route, then I would personally say that second hand would be used for gadgets, I.E. controlling a mechanical arm.

Anyways I'm done with this lol.
    Skyrim had dual casting (which was broken beyond imagination at the beginning), but magic came out from hand not from wand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You can't have a tinker without a mech, and it makes no sense for mechs not to be melee

- - - Updated - - -

Why? It's not a big deal to have an exclusive weapon type, especially that personal loot is essentially the only way to gear now
    All I can say is that if there is a Mech form it better take 25 seconds to transform and have a cut scene every single time with its own music.

Tinker's will be engineer's - so turrets and machines.. What engineers do you know that work by shooting things?

If they're smart, they'll work in that Gunslinger fantasy that everyone (everyone in the sense of the broader fantasy community) loves to play. There's a reason why Matt Mercer's Gunslinger sub-class is so damn popular in the TTRPG community.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Tinker's will be engineer's - so turrets and machines.. What engineers do you know that work by shooting things?
    I don't know, maybe that machineguns strapped to their mechs know...

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I don't know, maybe that machineguns strapped to their mechs know...
    Building a machine that can shoot vs shooting yourself are very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Building a machine that can shoot vs shooting yourself are very different things.
    Assuming we will get mechs not just exoskeletons like gazlowe had. While I see them making RDPS/Healer - exoskeleton, Tank - mech. Thats my vision at least.

Its not a thread about possible skills of tinkers. It is specifically about how to handle weapons for him.
    Yeah, because, you know, guns would be the last thing they'd use. Or the various mechanized chainsaw daggers and swords in the game, or the pummeling maces, or the countless models that would be released once the class was added to the game.

Bows and crossbows wouldn't be any more out of the question for them than it is for Dwarven or Gnomish (or even Tauren) Hunters. Just like guns aren't out of the question for Night Elf Hunters.

Do you even play this game?

2x pistols would be better as a 4th spec for rogues.

i always thought it would be cool if the tinker "morphs" a ranged weapon of any type into his minigun/bolter whatever he is using when inside his battle-suit.

so the actual weapon wouldnt look like a crossbow/bow/gun, but rather transfer its stats to the battle-suit and you could just customize how the weapon on your left/right arm looks in a city using something like a fallout power armor station....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    All I can say is that if there is a Mech form it better take 25 seconds to transform and have a cut scene every single time with its own music.
    Meanwhile, all allies and enemies are stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I've often thought it would be fun to play a medium-range DPS, like a melee spec with a 20 yard range. I was hoping Survival, Outlaw, or Enhance would be it with various revamps but no dice. Tinker could fill that niche.
    mid range would be pretty cool.. kinda like vanguards and powertechs in swtor.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    How are people so beholden to current idea when designing Tinker? At least the dual pistol idea is a bit different. It is like Demon Hunters, Blizzard did a bunch of stuff with that class idea that wasn't already done before, with a few nods to the old stuff but otherwise just expanded on the idea, the same can be done for any new class. That said, if you think they would be in mechs 24/7 i got one question, how do they mount then? Mech would 100% be a cooldown, or weaved in the rotation, not an all the time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    How are people so beholden to current idea when designing Tinker? At least the dual pistol idea is a bit different. It is like Demon Hunters, Blizzard did a bunch of stuff with that class idea that wasn't already done before, with a few nods to the old stuff but otherwise just expanded on the idea, the same can be done for any new class. That said, if you think they would be in mechs 24/7 i got one question, how do they mount then? Mech would 100% be a cooldown, or weaved in the rotation, not an all the time thing.
    i suppose mechs could work like travel form. hit a button and you're moving faster and at mounted speed out of combat.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i suppose mechs could work like travel form. hit a button and you're moving faster and at mounted speed out of combat.
    Do you really think people wouldn't take issue with that? It would be like riding the shredder and ONLY the shredder for the expansion, all of your other mounts would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Glaives are just double swords and we already had a pair of glaives in the past. There was also precedent for it existing ingame and in lore. Dual pistols has afaik no precedence, and frankly no reason for existing. We fight monsters, the bigger the gun the better.

As for the mech thing, it's just druid forms mechanically, you get another model and your bars change to the ones with form-restricted abilities. Even Teriz has realized this by now.

No you guys are looking at this in a wrong way. I believe if they introduce dual pistols and/or granade laucher, hunter would be able to use it as well (because why not), dual pistols aint that much different from a rifle and we already have granade launcher look alike rifles in game.

So that is the LEAST of the concerns.
    Dual pistols would sadly not fit the hunter fantasy. They are not 007 agents and you wouldn't go hunting in the woods with 2 pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Interesting thought...so how come there are so many complaints that "everything is the same"?
    Context matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Fossil-Free View Post
    2x pistols would be better as a 4th spec for rogues.
    No class is going to get 4 dps specs.

We will not see 4 specs for mages, warlocks, hunters or rogues unless all classes get 4 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Glaives are just double swords and we already had a pair of glaives in the past. There was also precedent for it existing ingame and in lore. Dual pistols has afaik no precedence, and frankly no reason for existing. We fight monsters, the bigger the gun the better.

As for the mech thing, it's just druid forms mechanically, you get another model and your bars change to the ones with form-restricted abilities. Even Teriz has realized this by now.
    Dual pistols do exist, like someone mentioned with Godfrey. I am also talking about the DH kit as a whole, there is a lot of new abilities, most of them really, that never had been shown before. The same can be done with Tinkers as well. Also Druids now have a lot of forms to choose from, Mechs would likely be much more limited. Not to mention once again how does one mount? Unless you mean jumping out of your mech. Every spec having one would just make the class look boring compared to druids having totally different looks for theirs.