Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Things retail should do to become as loved as classic is

1. Cap leveling once and for all, at a specific level, say 60, and no more leveling beyond that, ever.
    2. Gear based progression based on BiS pieces instead of ilvl. New raids and BG's instead if new zones to quest in and level up. The world is already too big.
    3. Zone scaling 1-60 in classic zones, 1-60 in Outland and Northrend zones, 1-60 in Cataclysm and Pandaria zones, 1-60 WoD and Legion, 1-60 BfA and 9.0, basically 1-60 everywhere, so new toons can be leveled starting in any of the expansions or classic zones.
    4. Bring back class identity and hybrid builds via talent trees.
    5. Quest rewards, mob drops and profession items than can be used in combat, as cosmetic items..etc
    6. bring back 20 and 40 man raids.
    7. Remove mythic and leave only heroic, and normal mode dungeons and raids. 2 difficulties are enough.
    8. Convert LFR into solo raids that can be done with AI NPC and AI driven player alts. This way this system does not have to be fully removed and can still serve a purpose.
    9. Let players just buy flying after fully completing the main story quest lines. That means the player has already fully experienced the content once, why force them to repeat the same quest 1000 times in the same zone.
    10. Scale all raids to 60, the difference being gear stats.
    11. Let players do solo previous expansion raid Xmog runs with AI driven alts and super powerful AI driven NPC's that can obliterate the whole raid just like a 120 player could in a level 60 raid.
    12. Bring back gear sets.

Or people can play classic if they want and others can play BfA.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for classic to come out, so you guys are busy atleast for a while and stop making threads with stupid ideas.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

numero eleveno is a hard no.
    but i agree with justpassing.

Proof that classic is more loved than retail?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Asmongold told him.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    8. Convert LFR into solo raids that can be done with AI NPC and AI driven player alts. This way this system does not have to be fully removed and can still serve a purpose
    What, so like I can run a raid with my own alts and an AI controls them?

As much as I like the idea of getting 15 loot rolls for mounts at once that's absolutely ludicrous.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

1. Cap leveling once and for all, at a specific level, say 60, and no more leveling beyond that, ever.
    2. Gear based progression based on BiS pieces instead of ilvl. New raids and BG's instead if new zones to quest in and level up. The world is already too big.
    3. Zone scaling 1-60 in classic zones, 1-60 in Outland and Northrend zones, 1-60 in Cataclysm and Pandaria zones, 1-60 WoD and Legion, 1-60 BfA and 9.0, basically 1-60 everywhere, so new toons can be leveled starting in any of the expansions or classic zones.
    4. Bring back class identity and hybrid builds via talent trees.
    5. Quest rewards, mob drops and profession items than can be used in combat, as cosmetic items..etc
    6. bring back 20 and 40 man raids.
    7. Remove mythic and leave only heroic, and normal mode dungeons and raids. 2 difficulties are enough.
    8. Convert LFR into solo raids that can be done with AI NPC and AI driven player alts. This way this system does not have to be fully removed and can still serve a purpose.
    9. Let players just buy flying after fully completing the main story quest lines. That means the player has already fully experienced the content once, why force them to repeat the same quest 1000 times in the same zone.
    11. Let players do solo previous expansion raid Xmog runs with AI driven alts and super powerful AI driven NPC's that can obliterate the whole raid just like a 120 player could in a level 60 raid.
    12. Bring back gear sets.
    1. Will happen.
    2. Sorry, won't happen. We won't live in instanced dungeons.
    3. Will happen, but not as you say.
    4. Won't happen, because talent trees are gone, and they won't come back. Hybrid builds are a waste of dev resources.
    5. Sure, this already happens.
    6. 20 man raids are Mythic or you can just invite 20 fucking people. 40 man raids won't be back, but you can use Timewalking.
    7. Won't happen.
    8. LFR won't be converted into a solo raid.
    9. Won't happen.
    10. Won't happen. It'll scale to user level, and if 60 is the cap, sure.
    11. This won't happen, and is hilarious that you think it should. It's just all about scaling and being 20 levels higher than content.
    12. Sure, I agree.

Most of what you said is pretty dumb, if I'm being honest. The kicker is, in 15 years you'll look back at Legion and maybe even B4A as fun, wishing you had that. It's all about how people romanticize the past.

3+ Year Old Account
    If all raids are scaled to 60, there's no "previous expansion Xmog runs" anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is no need for such drastic changes.

If I were blizzard, I would add a hybrid option.

Basically you can choose your spec but you can also choose a secondary spec, which would give some abilities and talents, but nothing to game breaking.

I would also add only normal/heroic difficulties and only release heroic/mythic when the next tier comes out, making effective tiered content. In this case people would be able to progress in normal eternal palace and heroic BoD. Having more than one raid to do is fun.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

I can at most get behind #9. Even though 9 seem a bit easy and not optimal.

The gearing would still be the same though? Increasing power and end up at stupidly high levels. Whatever, I find your points out of touch with many things wow but it's your opinion so have fun.
    Last edited by Zephire; 2019-08-14 at 02:35 PM.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I agree that once we complete all of pathfinder 1, we should have flying right away, also rep should be unrelated, or max require honored, because anything more than that is not about experiencing gameplay, it's about exhausting it.

meh what you listed is something that just needs to stay with classic you want retail to only have warrior tanks? There doesnt need to be a set group size for raids anymore cept a min/max. BC made so much possible and I hope thats where we get to one day with classics release.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Cant wait for classic to come out, so you guys are busy atleast for a while and stop making threads with stupid ideas.
    Amen.

it's a shame you and me know they will be back in max 4 weeks, totally fed up with the thing they thought they wanted. Ah well. You lose some, you lose some.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    there was a 10k server que for just reserving names.

I don't remember the last time i had a que in retail. maybe WOTLK?

So make retail as good as classic:

1. Remove flying
    2. Remove account wide mounts
    3. Remove toys
    4. Remove pets and pet battles.
    5. Remove transmog
    6. Limit raiding and dungeons to a minority
    7. Reintroduce grinds for reputation
    8. Remove any quests or activities at max level.
    9. Ensure you have to be in a capital city to spend the hours required to make a raid/dungeon group.
    10. Remove any balance between classes and specs.

I'm sure other 'improvements' could be made.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Amen.

it's a shame you and me know they will be back in max 4 weeks, totally fed up with the thing they thought they wanted. Ah well. You lose some, you lose some.
    Strange, i plan to stay in classic til they shut the servers down. Unless retail goes through a DRAMATIC change to bring back the wow of vanilla-wotlk; i will never return and neither will many others.

They are two different games. One is a classic MMORPG. One is an MMO ARPG influenced HEAVILY by the diablo 3 team

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Or people can play classic if they want and others can play BfA.
    Yep keep retail and classic away from each other no changes from the past should ever go into retail wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    All your points is not what would make classic loved, at least not what made true classic loved. As well, all your points, just go play classic when it released, you seem to dislike progression anyways.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..