Thread: No Ret Pallies

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It's going to be exciting, I accept the challenge of making ret viable lol I am ofc starting as prot for 5mans and farming tho.
    Better people have tried and failed. Only a fool see's the impossible as a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Im curious to see what happens. (one of the many things about classic we need to wait and see)

Will the "majority" be elitist?
    Will the "majority" be casual?

Will we be more social?

Will addons destroy classic?

(...)
    Welcome to WoW. As you are a new player I will give you some advice. Add-ons were in vanilla. People will destroy Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    We are back to the times when a paladin is seriously expected to heal or gtfo :P
    Yes..... They called those times vanilla.

On the + side, if we get tbc servers we can relive the times of heal or tank or gtfo haha (actualy you could kind of make ret work in tbc buuut it was still pants and not worth the effort or wasting windfury on)

Vanilla is going to be great with todays community, "lfm molten core must have bwl gear or above"

15+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to let you know I raided up to Sapphiron as Retribution, and got Grand Marshal. Not on a shitty private server either, the real way.

I don't plan to go that far this time, but I will be maining a Retribution paladin and I hope that knowledge keeps you awake at night. (:
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Im curious to see what happens. (one of the many things about classic we need to wait and see)

Will the "majority" be elitist?
    Will the "majority" be casual?

Will we be more social?

Will addons destroy classic?

(...)
    Did you play vanilla a max level?

If so you will have answers to those questions and not good ones. The elitist mentality, and looking down your nose at scrubs was well and truly set in befor the opening of the dark gates,

The wow community is the wow community its the same old toxic sludge its always been since at least 05-06, just take a look at the old posts on this forum as an example

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    trust me sunshine you'll be getting plenty of crystals from running molten core for eternity trying to get them bindings. you'll be swimming in crystals before long. I said this in another thread, the other thread talking about offspecs, its all about context, if you have enough healers and a spare pala, while you have no other ppl online or options, take the retri, its really not that hard to understand.

if you have the space in the raid, and the choice is between a retri pala and going 39 man, take the retri pala. really fucking simple to understand.
    But why gear him when you can get a crystal? Also. What if it's a pug raid? Would anyone really bring a ret in the off chance the roll higher than a dps class for a piece of gear? I would go with 39 and a lot of people agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I raided up to Sapphiron as Retribution, and got Grand Marshal. Not on a shitty private server either, the real way.

I don't plan to go that far this time, but I will be maining a Retribution paladin and I hope that knowledge keeps you awake at night. (:
    It does. Why would people pay others real money to gear a toon that is useless?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

how old are you 12?

you'd rather take 39 ppl, to sate your ego, gg. well played there son. doesn't really get more elitist than that.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-15 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton00 View Post
    Vanilla is going to be great with todays community, "lfm molten core must have bwl gear or above"
    Meh there's allready a looking for dongeons add on being made.

People forget alot of the shit they complain about Was added to the game because addons were allready doing it and becoming very popular and blizz wanted to control that.

Ilevel came from gearscore
    Lfd came from the grouping tools that were developed.

People are attracted to convenience.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolWow916 View Post
    Just FYI in case any newbies are coming to classic or returning vanilla people hoping this time "it will be different". It won't be. Ret pallies will still not be allowed in 5 mans and definitely won't get any raid spots. Just be warned if you intent to spec ret be prepared to play solo. You will also not be appreciated Q'ing into BGs, and definitely won't be getting into any premades.
    I raided up to 4Horsemen as Ret and did every bit of content previous to it.
    Pretty much only Pseudo-elitists regurgitate this kind of shit about no one taking Ret Pallies anywhere.

how old are you 12?

you'd rather take 39 ppl, to sate your ego, gg. well played there son.
    Ur probly better running 39 than a Ret because it means 1 less player to heal. Though you can just not heal the "filler" "shit" specs like my guild used to, I was under express orders that the 1 ret and 1 shadow priest that came to the odd raid as fill ins Were not to be buffed or healed because it was a waste of a mats and mana,

what sort of incoherent non sense is this trailing into. I for one healed everyone in the raid. i didn't pick and choose ppl to let die, I healed anyone i could heal. anyone i was in range to heal. for the most part i'd focus on my group, but i'd heal anyone that was close enough.

a lot of buffs were raid wide or class specific so i'm not sure what sort of dribble you're trying to imply. did they right click off their buffs yeah? because if they are standing there at the point where ppl rebuff, they are getting buffs.

this shit is getting old now, tier 1 and even tier 2 is just not that complex that you need to min max it to the upper most echelon. you can clear the raids without being mlg pros. with a mix of classes, i'd be surprised if anyone here manages to create the ultimate dream team raid, the absolute min maxed in terms of class picks. ill be surprised if ppl get that lucky with their guild applicants. the truth is there is gunna come a day or a point where you gotta take who you got. or you don't raid that day.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-15 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Meh there's allready a looking for dongeons add on being made.

People forget alot of the shit they complain about Was added to the game because addons were allready doing it and becoming very popular and blizz wanted to control that.

Ilevel came from gearscore
    Lfd came from the grouping tools that were developed.

People are attracted to convenience.
    Yep very true people want it done fast and easy the fun part comes last

10+ Year Old Account
    Most guilds (Alliance ofc) won't mind having one, they'll probably just make them use Nightfall.

Judgment of Light/Wisdom party/raid wide?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tell the people who didn't actually play vanilla, because they make posts like this one.

Aside from the 0.01% of try-hards who were actual cutting edge raiders, no one really gave a shit about this sort of thing, mainly because they weren't sad sacks out to prove how "vanilla hardcore gamer" they are to a bunch of strangers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

how old are you 12?

you'd rather take 39 ppl, to sate your ego, gg. well played there son. doesn't really get more elitist than that.
    Better running without the ret - one less person to heal, and one less person to fight over loot. Everyone wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    You can tell the people who didn't actually play vanilla, because they make posts like this one.

Aside from the 0.01% of try-hards who were actual cutting edge raiders, no one really gave a shit about this sort of thing, mainly because they weren't sad sacks out to prove how "vanilla hardcore gamer" they are to a bunch of strangers.
    The absolute irony of all the "you can tell who didnt play Vanilla" comments in here.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Take a skilled paladin over a middling pure dps any day
    Skilled paladin? What... like he auto-attacks harder? lulz

Skilled Paladin is running Holy and is healing in his BiS cloth dress.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Better running without the ret - one less person to heal, and one less person to fight over loot. Everyone wins.
    if you only have one ret hes probably not fighting anyone, I've always done DKP so ppl get loot when they bid and win. I don't mind having one extra person to heal, healing one extra person from my perspective as a priest healer thats healed as a priest since the beginning, one extra person is not really that much extra burden to bare, its not going to be the difference between a raid that is difficult to heal and one that is not difficult to heal. I don't think I really struggled with mana in classic, you could always just tell the palas to judge wisdom and wand for a few seconds, pop a potion or ask for innervate. mana wasn't that big of a deal for me to manage and one extra person would likely not drain me. i'd rather have that extra person to heal, and have their dps, over not having it. because of some ego problem.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-15 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Take a skilled paladin over a middling pure dps any day.
    Please, explain the rotational skill difference between a skilled ret pally, and an average mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    There were still people with misconceptions, but for the most part you could make things work if they weren't the meta at the time. I actually did some bear tanking in vanilla raids, because I ended up taking the tanking role more seriously than some warriors and performed better than they did, so the guild allowed it. Actually, that's how I passed my trial with a guild in AQ40 who was thinking of bringing me on as a healer, I ended up getting them their first Sartura kill as a bear to pass my trial instead of healing. Was it ideal? No, but making the best of a situation is what makes a guild good. In all likelihood, if you have to point to a ret paladin because you're failing the content and DPS checks, you're likely ignoring half the raid who are really the problem.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville