View Poll Results: Will you buy gold in Classic?

Voters
137. This poll is closed
  • No, goldsellers/goldbuyers are cancer

109 79.56%
  • Yes, my time is valuable

28 20.44%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol buying gold/ raids in a 15 year old game YIKES.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Why play the game if you're gonna pay money to skip the journey? Lol.
    Farming dire maul for hours isn't part of the journey to some.

I'd rather order my raidmates skipthedishes whenever I need to reup on consumables tbh

Let OP do what they want and they will be punished accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    1 hour of me sitting in front of PC, fucking up my eyes and back costs 60$ these days
    pretty valuable where i live

i can't grind elementals 4 hours a day, it's stupid money-wise

You guys made me rethink my plans, thank you
    I won't buy any boosts, only gold for epic mount and professions
    playing videogames is generally stupid money-wise, and now you want to pay to skip the game. Why pay for game access if you are going to pay even more to play less?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Farming dire maul for hours isn't part of the journey to some.

I'd rather order my raidmates skipthedishes whenever I need to reup on consumables tbh
    And somehow having bunch of gold is going to make you spend less time in dire maul?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Does anyone really care if people buy things with real money anymore (other than blizzard)?

Do whatever makes the game fun or you

lots of hypocrites here
    you'll know what i'm talking about, when you come to a class trainer and don't have enough gold for him

p.s. i don't know if disenchanting exploit will be possible
    (that's how i got my mounts back then)
    1. buy cheap 55-60lvl greens
    2. disenchant (there was no skill cap requirement like today)
    3. sell the mats for x20
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-08-15 at 01:22 PM.

This. Classic isn't about being max geared on level 60. It's about the journey to get there.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

lots of hypocrites here
    you'll know what i'm talking about, when you come to a class trainer and don't have enough gold for him

3. sell the mats for x20
    Am I missing the exploit here? Just sounds like you are using your highly demanded profession to make a profit.

I was going to give this obvious troll attempt a 4/10, but looks like a bunch of folks are taking the bait, so..bumping it up to 6/10.

Goldsellers are part of the vanilla experience, don't ruin it please.

#nochanges

So many judgy dbags in this thread. Yeah I’ll buy gold and run throughs probably once I’ve already hit a certain point of gearing. I’m not worried about “robbing myself” of the pleasure of grinding hour after hour for epic mount gold and I don’t have time or interest in adhering to a traditional raid schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    No. There's a chance you get caught and banned (as that's against the ToS). To me, that risk is not worth it.

I've only ever bought gold once, and that was from a guy in my guild. I gave him a 30-day game card for a shit ton of gold back in Wrath. I didn't feel too bad about that, since I was trading with a trusted friend/guildy and not some shady farming service.

If I was going to play Classic, I would 100% buy boosts at some point. I'd want to play ret or enhancement, and I don't want to become a sycophant to some officer or GM just to get some gear that "isn't for my spec". I did the journey back in 2004, this would just be a theme park ride for me at this point.

Lol blizz should do sting operations like cops do for prostitutes. Pose as gold sellers, see who contacts them, Bam! Busted

You do that.
    I'll be happy to sell you and your gold-buying brethren raid consumables at a nice markup. Please come again.

I'll never understand this mentality of just wanting to buy your way to victory.

Why even play the game at that point? You're not really playing it.

- - - Updated - - -

lots of hypocrites here

3. sell the mats for x20
    1. That's not an "exploit"

2. enchanting mats do NOT sell for "20x" the price of greens, fucking lol

Plenty of people don't think grinding for gold is part of the journey... or rather a part of the journey they don't enjoy.

I for one hated everything that had with gold making and only reason why I got lvl 60 mount was because Krol Blade dropped when instantly when I lvld.
    I don't think I would ever buy gold, but I would never spend time in that part of the "journey". Even if that journey takes up plenty of time, content and gameplay wise it's a small % of the journey and the time spent isn't worth the gain.

It's not hard to see that others would skip that part.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2019-08-15 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Plenty of people don't think grinding for gold is part of the journey... or rather a part of the journey they don't enjoy.

I for one hated everything that had with gold making and only reason why I got lvl 60 mount was because Krol Blade dropped when instantly when I lvld.
    I don't think I would ever buy gold, but I would never spend time in that part of the "journey". Even if that journey takes up plenty of time, content and gameplay wise it's a small % of the journey and the time spent isn't worth the gain.

It's not hard to see that others would skip that part.
    I guess, just seems odd he would want to power thru to max profession, fastest mount, good weapon, and even Carrie's thru raids. Once you spend real money amd get that done, what's the point? Just raid log?

I won't. But if a good part of BFA communauty make it to 60, I expect to see trade chat spammed with carry runs. Gold sellers will be here as well I am afraid. If blizzard apply tokens, it would break Classic (with hyperinflation like we saw on live).

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I won't. But if a good part of BFA communauty make it to 60, I expect to see trade chat spammed with carry runs. Gold sellers will be here as well I am afraid. If blizzard apply tokens, it would break Classic (with hyperinflation like we saw on live).
    All that stuff started in classic.