Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Odd because I still think MoP is the worst one to me and only one that didn't keep me subbed though most of expansion. WoD is second. I suppose BfA would be third cause I have taken a few small breaks. But it is more of a time issue than the actual game lately. Adulting is hard.
    I agree. I don't understand why people love MoP so much. It was horrible.
    People love to attack Cataclysm too, which i don't understand. I think Cataclysm was fantastic and on par with BC/Wrath/Legion. The only bad thing about Cata was the Deathwing fight... BUT it was over 2 boss fights, so it was an "epic" fight that was poorly executed.

BfA is actually on the upper side of "bad". There's A LOT to do. As a time sink, it's all there. What BfA lacks is class depth and story - which i said back in beta and got flamed for it. The whole story of BfA i think to myself, "who gives a shit?".

Even N'Zoth - who gives a shit? At this very moment, there is nothing in the game that is telling me why N'Zoth is bad and why i should care. I can go on Google and it will say that N'Zoth is the weakest old god. Ok, now i really don't give a shit. Just like C'thun and Yogg'Saron, we will kill/re-imprison him, o joy.

Blizzard needs to pull out all the stops next expansion. The story needs to be all there at release and not over patches. We saw Sargeras stab Silithus and still don't know why that location. Teldrassil burned over a year ago and we still don't have a clue why. The story is incomplete at the moment making it unsatisfying. Give us all the details at release: this is the expacs baddie, here's why, we need to do these things. Stop with trying to create suspense, it isn't working.

Anyways:

1. BC
    2. Wrath
    3. Legion
    4. Cataclysm
    5. Vanilla
    6. BFA
    7. MoP
    8. WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    People here tell me there aren't reputable game ranking sites that don't list it as the worst WoW expansion, so that's probably true, but it is still one of the worst.
    Even after parsing this monstrosity of a sentence, you're still wrong. BfA is in no way as bad as Draenor, and so far has more high quality raids than both Draenor and Cataclysm.

Anyone who says that BfA is bottom of the barrel is parroting the same shit that every expansion has seen. Every current expansion is terrible. Every past expansion was better and >2 expansions ago was the highest point wow ever had and we will never reach that amazingness again.

5+ Year Old Account
    I stand contrary to that: I'm more weary of Blizzard and the next WoW expansion now than ever before.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Even after parsing this monstrosity of a sentence, you're still wrong. BfA is in no way as bad as Draenor, and so far has more high quality raids than both Draenor and Cataclysm.

Anyone who says that BfA is bottom of the barrel is parroting the same shit that every expansion has seen. Every current expansion is terrible. Every past expansion was better and >2 expansions ago was the highest point wow ever had and we will never reach that amazingness again.
    It does seem I did a typo. I meant to say there are reputable game raking sites that doen't list is as the worst wow expansion. Somewhere. I just didn't find them. You can be in denial all you want, but professional critics still rank it lower than any other expansion. It is okay to have a different opinion. It is not okay call people dumb for not thinking the same way. People care for different things. Some people like raids. Some like a good story. Some like varied classes. Some like PvP.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2019-08-15 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    after a really disappointing bfa it seems to me that to recoup lost subs they will have to go all in like how they did with legion. either way im looking forward to this years blizzcon a lot, the next 3 months gonna go slow lol
    They better. PPL are leaving at a historic rate. Never have I seen WOW cities so dead. It could very well be the "Be all, End all" expac. I hope it is. I been playing WOW a long time and even with all of BFA's troubles I have good times with my guild. (I for one also don't want to start a new char. in a new MMO) Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    They won't pull the plug on making expacs and selling 3 to 3.5 million of them and getting $60 to $80 per copy until the cost of making an expac exceeds those revenue bumps. More and more they seem to be streamlining and automating everything including content creation which pushes those costs down. The addition of vanilla and/or other expac servers benefits from all the back end tech they have added over the last few years.

The devs do indeed have issues, but demonstrating profit isn't one of their problems. The real problem is how much potential money are these devs costing ATVI, which is a hard question to answer and as long as the ROI on expacs is acceptable to Kotick, then they probably get to stay regardless of the actual damage they do.
    They have made it pretty clear, they want brand new games to boost the stock price. Even though WOW makes money, iits not increasing the stock value. As for Kottick , I dont think he will be around much longer since his name appears connected with Epstein
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The next expac will be like the last one. Dull world quests in a none engaging open world with a large focus on dungeons and raids, which are only fun in premade settings.

Blizzard will never change to better.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

More of the same, design cookie cutter build, cut content, ignore issues to fix in a later patch, full back in content under the guise of "patch 9.1" while not really fixing issues because they need the 6 months to make a cookie cutter 9.2/.3 build..

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    My god...how quickly people forget
    I have a very good memory. I played way more more during WoD and so did my friends. Also back then my server still had somewhat of a community. Sure, Garrisons were shit and 6.1 was an out of season april fools joke but I still probably had more fun in PvP back then than during the entirety of Legion and BfA.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The realist in me for once is the one saying "yes." BFA is a dumpster fire, FF14 and ESO are nipping at WoW's heels, and Classic has proven that there is an insane amount of excitement for something different than modern WoW.

The pessimist in me says Blizzard doesn't care, they just want to bring the WoW beast in for a landing (probably by Sylvanas killing the Old Gods) and make their money off re-releasing old games and phone titles.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

BFA has been dreadful.

Yes, I expect them to keep up the pattern of creating a great xpak after a poor one.

I fully expect them to try and please fans this time.

I don't buy into the negativity about Blizzard being incapable of creating a good xpak, or the budget stuff. I don't think that's anything but speculation, quite frankly.

Blizzard made the best xpak ever with Legion, that skill did not die overnight. They just had a filler xpak, which they have had before, and unfortunately will again. Everytime in the past they have had to make a move to save the game, they have done so. This was a big failure, so I expect an equally big success. We'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    I agree. I don't understand why people love MoP so much. It was horrible.
    People love to attack Cataclysm too, which i don't understand. I think Cataclysm was fantastic and on par with BC/Wrath/Legion. The only bad thing about Cata was the Deathwing fight... BUT it was over 2 boss fights, so it was an "epic" fight that was poorly executed.

BfA is actually on the upper side of "bad". There's A LOT to do. As a time sink, it's all there. What BfA lacks is class depth and story - which i said back in beta and got flamed for it. The whole story of BfA i think to myself, "who gives a shit?".

Even N'Zoth - who gives a shit? At this very moment, there is nothing in the game that is telling me why N'Zoth is bad and why i should care. I can go on Google and it will say that N'Zoth is the weakest old god. Ok, now i really don't give a shit. Just like C'thun and Yogg'Saron, we will kill/re-imprison him, o joy.

Blizzard needs to pull out all the stops next expansion. The story needs to be all there at release and not over patches. We saw Sargeras stab Silithus and still don't know why that location. Teldrassil burned over a year ago and we still don't have a clue why. The story is incomplete at the moment making it unsatisfying. Give us all the details at release: this is the expacs baddie, here's why, we need to do these things. Stop with trying to create suspense, it isn't working.

Anyways:

1. BC
    2. Wrath
    3. Legion
    4. Cataclysm
    5. Vanilla
    6. BFA
    7. MoP
    8. WoD
    1 BC
    2 WoTLK
    3 Mop
    4 WoD
    5 Cata
    6 Vanilla
    7 Legion
    8 BFA

thats how i feel about it

WTF are you guys all on about? I've been playing since Lich King and BFA is highly enjoyable. The Nazjatar and Mechagon zones are well done. Azerite and Titan Residuum work well as power progression mechanics. Essences are motivating people to engage with different content.

The story, of course, is sometimes arbitrary bollocks, but that's how WoW has been since Lich King. You can't have new existential threats keep coming up for 15 years like clockwork, and have players continue taking them seriously. The focus of the game is on the mechanics being enjoyable, the story is glossed over once you've killed the same boss 15 times. That said, I find the BFA story engaging and cool (in particular Jaina, Baine).
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2019-08-15 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    They launched BFA too quick, and why? Because the top brass holding the purse strings wanted it released to get $, expect the same in the next expansion.
    That or because the playerbase cried over legion taking to long to release. But to be fair, it really doesn't matter since the playerbase will bitch and moan about anything that happens.

Not really any proof that things at the company are getting better. When you have devs/narrative team with the same mindset. It's hard to imagine them doing something different then what players are use to. The creativity at blizzard is dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would really like to think they would, but I don't really have faith that they will. I'll be waiting to see the next big expansion reveal, but I can't say I'm excited anymore about WoW. I don't want anymore AP grinds. I don't want content gated by rep. I just want story delivery and fun things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    MAU during Legion, metrics that says that the amount of people playing quarter to quarter being upheld, specifically growing and maintaining the same amount from the quarters from WoD itself. No achievement sure, but no losses.
    But no gain, so not an improvement from WoD. That's... kind of what I said ?
    If you look away from my based on numbers wich might not be 100% correct, take my post as saying Legion was a positive thing for the game, bringing back "new old" stuff from the old days like solo challenges, character progression and new stuff, like class halls, revamp of the dungeon system and the usual stuff which was supported by a good chunk of players compared to WoD, you can't really say Legion didn't do better than WoD, which is surely did.
    Legion had an adequate storyline while WoD had the worst one in the entire Warcraft history, so it has that. For the rest, there were more efforts put in Legion, yes, but the end result was barely better, and it was worse in several case (like gameplay, added level scaling, leveling and writing which were absolutely terrible).

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Unfortunately, I think they're way past that. They answer to stockholders now, not players.
    They never answered to players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You are right but any decent game dev would recognized bad systems and ideas like old azerite, lfr or lfg befor it would get on drawing board. It took me 5 minutes playing beta to recognize how **** azerite system is. How can game dev not see it is beyond me.
    LFR is not a bad design. It has given people whith no real shot of seeing raid content a shot at seeing it. Regular raiding has encompassed at most accounts 15% of total players. LFR easily sees over 50% participation. Many by those who cannot be tied down to raid schedules. The addition of the flex system may never have happened if it we not for LFR.

And before you jump on me with thise people shouldn't be able to raid if they can't find a guild and raid on a schedule. Your types don't make the rules. Blizzard decided it wants more people to see what the bulk of resources are used for.

As for azerite, are you talking about acquiring the azerite through activities? The gear itself? Or a post level cap progression system?

An expansion long progression system is a good thing. Nothing anyone can say will convince me otherwise. As for the the azerite/AP itself, if there was a weekly cap, likening Legion, you all bitched about Blizzard slowing you guys down with artificial time gates and bla, bla, bla. When they say have at it, you all bitch they force you to grind as much azerite as possible per do to keep up. Give me something I can progress through the entire time as I see fit. I'd rather the not be a cap.

As for the gear, I thought it was a decent change. No more locking yourself into tier gear and talents. Being able to have more options for abilities/builds was good. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with it while leveling. The issue came at level cap and the gear was still the same. I would have loved for more unique abilities and modifiers once endgame gear dropped. While I do ot necessarily miss tier gear, I enjoyed Azerite but thought they were going to and should have done a lot more with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Well, the story in each zone is pretty good. Just not the main story, thats the problem.
    That's opinion. I enjoy what I have seen so far.

I have a very love hate relationship with wow and Blizzard, so I am kind of split if they will or not. I think they will have a big ramp up come Blizzcon to see what gages interest. If subs go up and the interwebz is buzzing, then they might loosen the grip on the budget and go all out. I think given the trajectory of the past 3 1/2 expansions, that they know something has to change.