Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I updated after your quote. Divinity original sin 2 > BOTW. RDR2 > god of war.

and if you wanna speak movies, then moonlight has an oscar and saving private ryan doesnt.

Almost like awards are not 100% perfect
    I personally think God of war is better then rdr2. However i like both game, doesent mean rdr2 is garbage or god of war is garbage or even overhyped. They are both objectivly good well put out, expertly crafted game by people on the top of that year. I also prefer Divinity over BOTW, but again one winning over the other is literally just taste, they are both fantastic games.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I personally think God of war is better then rdr2. However i like both game, doesent mean rdr2 is garbage or god of war is garbage or even overhyped. They are both objectivly good well put out, expertly crafted game by people on the top of that year. I also prefer Divinity over BOTW, but again one winning over the other is literally just taste, they are both fantastic games.
    well god of war vs rdr2 could have gone either way. I personally think RDR2 is a more impressive feat in terms of story telling and scope. The level of detail from the gun models to the open world design is next level.

God of war is a well told story/experience but doesnt have much in the way of repeat playthroughs.

But in terms of divinity original sins 2 vs BOTW. One is an original master piece providing a fresh update to D&D and has given the studio new life/fans and is getting beloved IP's like baldurs gate and the other is a mascot for selling switches.

Wonder why the latter won.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-08-18 at 10:09 AM.

well god of war vs rdr2 could have gone either way. I personally think RDR2 is a more impressive feat in terms of story telling and scope. The level of detail from the gun models to the open world design is next level.

God of war is a well told story/experience but doesnt have much in the way of repeat playthroughs.

But in terms of divinity original sins 2 vs BOTW. One is an original master piece providing a fresh update to D&D and has given the studio new life/fans and is getting beloved IP's like baldurs gate and the other is a mascot for selling switches.

Wonder why the latter won.
    When ever zelda is a mascot or not, its one of the best open world game i ever played and i played all of rock star games. Im not sure what to tell you. It captured the good part of exploring open world gives that companies like Ubisoft cant figure out ever. It makes the illusion of the world its trying to sell, you belive the people are in that world, people travel, move, you do quest for them and their own stories. Solving puzzles in interesting ways in a game that doesent try to hold your hand too much. I prefer Divinity, but liking one game more doesent mean the other is somehow not good. Sounds to me you simply never played BOTW really. I simply cant agree that its a bad game or even an average game, its very high quality product. Just like the other 3 games you mentioned.

I just think you are being hyperbolique in whats good or garbage. Theres a huge room between both even objectivly. You are doing pretty much the reverse of someone over hyping stuff. OMG this game is the best ever! OMG 7.5/10 worse shit ever made!
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-08-18 at 10:28 AM.

When ever zelda is a mascot or not, its one of the best open world game i ever played and i played all of rock star games. Im not sure what to tell you. It captured the good part of exploring open world gives that companies like Ubisoft cant figure out ever. It makes the illusion of the world its trying to sell, you belive the people are in that world, people travel, move, you do quest for them and their own stories. Solving puzzles in interesting ways in a game that doesent try to hold your hand too much. I prefer Divinity, but liking one game more doesent mean the other is somehow not good. Sounds to me you simply never played BOTW really. I simply cant agree that its a bad game or even an average game, its very high quality product. Just like the other 3 games you mentioned.
    I respect your opinion. I just have a biased against awards and Zelda. I think the games are over hyped due to nostalgia for the character.

I appreciate the discussion and wish ye the best <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    I used to be a massive bioware fan up to and including DA:0. DA2 started a downward spiral for me, and only got worse with DA3 and hit rock bottom with ME:A. These days I hold no hope for anything they make. I hope I am wrong, but I just see their stuff as pandering garbage these days.
    I am in exactly the same boat. Additionally, for me SWTOR burned a lot of the goodwill Bioware has accumulated over the years. At this point I will not be upset if they shut down and the IPs they handle get redistributed to other studios that would be happy to try and make good games out of them rather than trying to push BS agendas and monetisation schemes.

I respect your opinion. I just have a biased against awards and Zelda. I think the games are over hyped due to nostalgia for the character.

I appreciate the discussion and wish ye the best <3
    I can respect that you dont like it. Again its a puzzle game mostly with exploration. Its a well crafted one at that tho. Theres plently of games i dont like, i never liked counter strike, however i could tell it was a well crafted multiplayer with huge emphasis on its mechanic even in 1999 when i was playing quake3/ut. I also like to discuss games, i just think you need to relaxe a bit on the extreme. I personally hate playing Counter Strike its slow as fuck, i can tell its a well made multiplayer. I dont think DAI is a fantastic game, but finishing once i can say it was a compentent game, better then the last sequel in the series, Dragon age 2, which was not a good game.

I just like to always put two lenses on things. Do i like it and is it well made that i can understand why someone might like it even if i dont. I cant for the life of me figure out wht anybody would have liked fallout 76 out of the box. I tried it, it was pure shit, down to a technical level. Lets move to another flawled game, but not trash as an example, Diablo 3 original release, for the first week playing it with first finishing diablo inferno difficulty was actually very fun and challenging. It was smooth experience, but very hard (fuck you snake people one shotting my DH). Then there is no end game and its shit, but i wouldnt say it was a trash game. I did have 40 hours of actual fun doing challenging content when the game was brand new. So it was a decent game to me. Not one id play for thousand of hours.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-08-18 at 10:43 AM.

So the only success in his credits is Dragon Age Origins, where he had no decision making power.
    2011-2015 lead of online development for what? BioWare's failed attempts to tap into online play? ME Andromeda? Lol?
    Just like the Anthem producer: it is not drama news if people who didn't do a good job leave.

We don't know if Dragon Age is gonna be any good or what happens inside the studio, but let's stop dramatizing over people we hear about for the first time and aren't known for anything. People change office jobs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Nothing to see here. Just someone leaving a job for greener pastures. It's totally normal for people to do so.

Among other things we'll hear in this thread. Bioware is fine, guys.
    Nothing to see here. Just another super naive mmo championer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post

"Toxic"? Have you worked there?
    Of course you have not. Blizzard is seen as a rather awesome place to work at and so is BioWare.

You are just baiting at this point. Go get another hobby, you are embarrassing yourself.
    Nope I haven't worked there.

But many of the employee's have spoken out about both company's and their story carries more weight then your post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Fallout 76 has nothing to do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    That's Bethesda, nothing to do with Bioware.
    Yeah I brainfarted, I meant Andromeda

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the controversy surrounding RDR2's production, and the brutal work hours cheated RDR2 out of a LOT of awards.

When you have two games, both excellent examples of what a game can be... And one is getting torn apart in the news for the brutal Crunch it's dev's worked through, which are you going to give your award to?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Dont care what anyone on here says Mass Effect Andromeda was a really good game. Very good gameplay, good multiplayer. Only thing that sucked was they abandoned it.

As for anthem, again good gameplay, good multiplayer. What sucked was progression design. They did not know how their game worked. Nor do they know how looter games worked. Too much crap and not enough meaningful progression. Add to that a lack of knowing how gear effects gameplay and you have a disaster players are not going to put up with.

With the steaming piles of shit biowares been churning out, it's a good time to abandon ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I still think the controversy surrounding RDR2's production, and the brutal work hours cheated RDR2 out of a LOT of awards.

When you have two games, both excellent examples of what a game can be... And one is getting torn apart in the news for the brutal Crunch it's dev's worked through, which are you going to give your award to?
    Personally even liking both game GoW would still get it. RDR2 has more replayability on paper, but in practice most of it is not that great side content quest. And RD online was just shit. GoW has less side content, but i liked Fiding the valkyries and stuff like that. To me GOTY is probably the game i dont have to point something and go, well this part, this part was kinda just shit (in the game itself). Unless the year has next to nothing like 2006, i remember almost not buying a single game that year. The year everyone though oblivion was amazing gaming, but it was just a pretty average game.

I think people take who wins the award too seriously, the only part that matters is who was nominated most of the time, those list hardly ever are wrong for the most part. Theres only a handful of game every year that you can claim are clearly masterwork above the industry standard at that current year.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-08-18 at 02:05 PM.

Yeah, things really aren't as rosy.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    don't have any hope for dragon age at this point.

it's a shame, cause it was a really good universe. guess i'll never get to reconcile my inquisitor with solas.
    I fear playing the inquisitor was unlikely anyway, after all each major iteration had a new character, so I had little hope that we'd get to play them again in the first place.

Other than that, I have to agree, I have little hope for the whole franchise at this point. I'm ready to be surprised, but I fear we have reached the breaking point of bioware where they can no longer press out a DA game that still - despite the many flaws - can enchant you. Their stint with anthem already was a really bad sign, lead personal jumping ship (for months now) is just sealing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yeah, it's such an awesome place to work at that people in high position with more than a decade working for it are just leaving.

I recommend you reading the reports about Andromeda & Anthem development, it's just bad shit crazy stuff, ridiculous crunch times, studio rivalries, weak leadership to the point that developers don't even really know exactly what the fuck they are even developing... it just doesn't match what you are claiming, but hey, "have you worked there?".
    Again, people leave companies for all kinds of reasons and all the time. I've had jobs at 4 different companies since graduation and a few befor that. Not once did I leave becuase I was not ok with the job I had but rather that I wanted to try something else.

Speculating and making up wild fantasies like this is childish and ridiculous. Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nope I haven't worked there.

But many of the employee's have spoken out about both company's and their story carries more weight then your post.
    Really, about Blizzard? Show me, please.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you been living under a rock or something. Go tell that to the 800 fired employee or the multiple people working 100 hours a week at bioware that needed mental healthcare lmao.
    Sometimes you need to cut down on the number of workers you have, that does not mean it's a bad place to work at. It's a company, not a charity foundation. You'll learn in time.

I doubt it's gonna stop Bioware from churning out mediocre RPG schlock. Bump in the road, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Nothing to see here. Just someone leaving a job for greener pastures. It's totally normal for people to do so.

Among other things we'll hear in this thread. Bioware is fine, guys.
    If they're fine why they've not released a game worth a damn since ME2 and DA:O?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I fear playing the inquisitor was unlikely anyway, after all each major iteration had a new character, so I had little hope that we'd get to play them again in the first place.

Other than that, I have to agree, I have little hope for the whole franchise at this point. I'm ready to be surprised, but I fear we have reached the breaking point of bioware where they can no longer press out a DA game that still - despite the many flaws - can enchant you. Their stint with anthem already was a really bad sign, lead personal jumping ship (for months now) is just sealing it.
    well, they had that history designer thing for inquisition. figured it'd let you pick your relationship with him and her npc would at least have been interested in trying to get him back to his senses.

but in general, yes, bioware's days of making decent games are done. dragon age itself declined since origins, inquisition was much better than 2(could have done without the singing bit... that was retarded), but still not nearly as good as origins.