View Poll Results: Beach, Swimming Pool, or Lake? What do you Prefer for Summer?

Voters
43. This poll is closed
  • Beach

12 27.91%
  • Swimming pool

23 53.49%
  • Lake

8 18.60%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Beach, Swimming Pool, or Lake? What do you Prefer for Summer?

Summer heat is raging and where I am it is 101 degrees with 40% humidity slapped on top. What kind of bodies of water do you guys prefer to spend your time?

The beach? A swimming pool? Lake side?

Personally I prefer the pool because the water isn't salty, there is not hot ass sand burning my feet, and the experiences I've had at lakes all involve too many damn bugs. You get the best of all worlds by getting warm sun and cool water to jump into.

Perhaps the only downside is no breeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    Summer heat is raging and where I am it is 101 degrees with 40% humidity slapped on top. What kind of bodies of water do you guys prefer to spend your time?

The beach? A swimming pool? Lake side?

Personally I prefer the pool because the water isn't salty, there is not hot ass sand burning my feet, and the experiences I've had at lakes all involve too many damn bugs. You get the best of all worlds by getting warm sun and cool water to jump into.

Perhaps the only downside is no breeze.
    Swimming Pool, beach is a close second.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Wow, above boiling point? I definetly wouldn’t be going in the water.

If I ever do go to water, it’s to an outside swimmingpool. Seas, oceans, lakes and other natural water are disgusting, poluted and filled with animals I don’t feel the need to swim with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the beach but if I'm trying to stay cool by swimming then a pool is the better choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was young I preferred swimming pools to beaches. I spent a lot of time at lakes, but I never went swimming in one... Always seemed too dirty.

I haven't gone swimming since I was like 12, though.

Anywhere not crowded, with mountains and freshwater. Can be lake, stream, river, whatever. Just came back from a great camping trip!

I went for the lake, mostly because we live near to two and I love going there during the summer, taking a picnic and swimming some.

10+ Year Old Account
    pool, you do NOT want to swim near the ship channel, and with it staying warmer longer and longer FOR SOME REASON, swimming in a lake might get you a brain amoeba or toxic algae-ed

Beach if it's clear, warm and sandy.

Otherwise, pool.

No lakes, thanks.

We have an outdoor shower in the backyard. The water comes from a 700-foot deep well extended into granitic bedrock. The water is ice cold. Totally great during the hot summers. Especially after a long bike ride or working the yard the whole day. Its fun place to get frisky with the wife also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    swimming in a lake might get you a brain amoeba or toxic algae-ed
    Case in point: Marietta couple shares warning on toxic algae after dog dies less than an hour after visit to Lake Allatoona

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to say how shitty Georgia's beaches are, but I think this is worst.

Neither, I don't do swimming. I enjoy showers more anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I love to play in the waves at the beach but I hate saltwater and having to worry about jellyfish and other stuff. Have to worry about flesh-eating bacteria at the beach too. Same with lakes but lakes don't usually have waves. I like a nice clean cool pool. They smell and look better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pool. Lake water around here isn't real good for swimming, especially this time of year.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the beach. Sand gets everywhere, the people are annoying, sand fleas, crabs, seagulls, seaweed, I can keep going.

Lakes are bad for your health unless they are closely expect, maybe if you live up north they aren't as bad? All types of nasty WTF diseases and microbes you can end up being a host to. Every summer, without fail, there's stories of people contracting something stupid or dying in a horrible way because they jumped in a lake.

Pools are the best. I don't care for above ground ones though. They are clean, usually have a dope patio/deck to hang out on. Some people over clean their pool but I know I'm not going to take an amoeba home with me.

Public pools are not for swimming.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I was about to say how shitty Georgia's beaches are, but I think this is worst.
    Its been an issue in Texas now as well, I think they just issued an notice for a lake near Austin last week

I like lakes, rivers, and ponds. I live in Massachusetts, and I've not heard of any nasty things in bodies of water. Down south it seems pretty risky though.

I don't swim.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    My pool because I can control the enviornment, otherwise on vacation unless it's isolated or exclusive then the Beach.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis