Thread: WoW Classic HD

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    starcraft remastered already did all the graphic updates without touching the clunky controls or bad AI so it's very doable without impacting the recreation of gameplay experience.

I don't really care that much either way, but insisting graphics must also be retro seems going a little far. I can understand, but a little far for me.
    I wont mind either way. I do think some game elements would be effected, clarity of casts, tauren(and gnome) hit/swing boxes etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evertyhing in HD would mean that half of the people could not raid 40man with decent FPS (not that you've many abilities that you've to move)

I prefer this way honestly.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

I know Blizzard's version would be unlikely to ever look this good, but I remember a while back, someone posted what some WoW zones could look like in Unreal Engine. It looked fucking amazing.

I'm going to play the shit out of Classic anyway, but I would more so if it looked like this.

But at the very least, I'd be 100% fine with giving Classic an HD remake.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-08-19 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Why not just add heirloom gear, character boosts, lfg/lfd, and boa gear.
    Pretty big reach you got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

You fail to understand that if you apply ANY "changes" to Classic...and it fails...everyone is going to blame the "changes" and Blizzard.

Applying any change to classic makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    I would be surprised if we don't see them add this in as an option in a few months, it literally effects no ones enjoyment of the game. Hopefully they shadow drop it in an update.

People need to be realistic, if they do classic+ do the super purists not understand that new models will happen? They can keep the classic design philosophy but if you think they are not going to make classic+ look modern you are kidding yourselves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I agree.

I know Blizzard's version would be unlikely to ever look this good, but I remember a while back, someone posted what some WoW zones could look like in Unreal Engine. It looked fucking amazing.

I'm going to play the shit out of Classic anyway, but I would more so if it looked like this.

But at the very least, I'd be 100% fine with giving Classic an HD remake.
    those scenes do look amazing tbh but with WoW's tech I'm pretty sure they would break the game fps wise...

on topic...I'm perfectly fine with the old character models...and I believe it's been pointed out before that it's more complicated than just adding the new models...there was issues with clipping / gear not fitting right...the effort to bring new models to Classic was way more trouble than it was worth for Blizzard...and again, everything is subjective and the old models didn't bother me 1 iota...this obsession over models is funny to me because you never really see your own model in-game and I've never really paid much attention to the looks of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Pretty big reach you got there.
    That's been a common thing since Classic was announced. People are convinced that any small change means EVERYTHING must follow.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you that once the smoke settles in like a year or two and all the elitists get their fill of that "muh no changes!!11!!1!one!!" then they'll add an option for retail graphics.

The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    Im pretty sure they did. classic looks awfully sharp on my 4k which shouldn't be possible if they just up sampled the old textures from the old assets. obviously I dont mean they redid the artwork but added higher texture resolution.

We need RTX in classic! Look at what the result looks like in Minecraft:

I would love to see how would Blizzard remake Classic with modern tools. What I am looking for is vanilla story but with newer quests(vehicles and such), voice acting, full HD graphics, unique models for NPCs(blue skinned Sylvanas, unique Zandalari), cinematics(in major moments, like Onyxia's transformation) and more modern gameplay design.

Maybe Classic purists would hate that but it can be always added to Retail WoW instead. Let's phase that Cataclysm crap so players can experience the story in chronological order. "World of Warcraft: Reforged". Sounds beautiful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    We need RTX in classic! Look at what the result looks like in Minecraft:
    It looks pretty cool. I wonder whether it will work on my PC.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliessa View Post
    Im pretty sure they did. classic looks awfully sharp on my 4k which shouldn't be possible if they just up sampled the old textures from the old assets. obviously I dont mean they redid the artwork but added higher texture resolution.
    It looks better than it did because the textures are the same, but everyone is rendering the game in 1080/1440 / 4K. Back in 2004, 1080p was kinda the un-achievable dream that 4K gaming is today. Shit, I played Vanilla at 800x600 at 20 FPS, it was dogshit. Now I'm playing it at 1440P 144hz, with all the post processing enabled, like anti-aliasing, Superscaling (render scale) e.t.c which I can't even remember being an option back then.

a big chunk of graphics quality is down to software rather than the original texture quality. Due to Classic being the old game in the new client, we have all the new software graphics features, like SSAO, 8x anti-aliasing. A testament to this is good old Skyrim. The vanilla game looks like trash nowadays, but man, you run a couple lighting mods and turn on ENB and it looks orgasmic. A simple lighting upgrade can make everything look magnitudes better. And that is exactly what we have with classic. We have better shadows, water, reflections e.t.c subtle things that just make everything 10x better, and it's all due to the client, nothing in the actual game has been changed.

In it for the original experience, models included

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa1 View Post
    those scenes do look amazing tbh but with WoW's tech I'm pretty sure they would break the game fps wise...

on topic...I'm perfectly fine with the old character models...and I believe it's been pointed out before that it's more complicated than just adding the new models...there was issues with clipping / gear not fitting right...the effort to bring new models to Classic was way more trouble than it was worth for Blizzard...and again, everything is subjective and the old models didn't bother me 1 iota...this obsession over models is funny to me because you never really see your own model in-game and I've never really paid much attention to the looks of others.
    people act like graphics make the game which is why we get beautiful looking garbage like anthem.

Maybe but is it an awful switch from retail to classic

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god !
    So play BFA?

Yeah, let's repaint the Mona Lisa. It's so outdated. Add some Pokemon in the background. Give her a better hairstyle.

You don't update art. And the look of Classic is an essential part of its identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yeah, let's repaint the Mona Lisa. It's so outdated. Add some Pokemon in the background. Give her a better hairstyle.

You don't update art. And the look of Classic is an essential part of its identity.
    Best comment to date.

OnTopic: But yeah, the graphics of Classic are more than fine. What matters is the gameplay, which to be honest, is way better than what BFA has to offer, for me at least.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    That's been a common thing since Classic was announced. People are convinced that any small change means EVERYTHING must follow.
    It's a flawed mentality since you will never get that "vanilla experience" as it truly was ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Best comment to date.

OnTopic: But yeah, the graphics of Classic are more than fine. What matters is the gameplay, which to be honest, is way better than what BFA has to offer, for me at least.
    Im guessing you are missing all but one finger?