Thread: Best Healer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I think it's mostly people that played Alliance. When TBC released and Alliance received shamans, most of them assumed horde always had it
    It was a level 70 unlock so even those new to Shammies in BC would know that.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I swear it's the Mandela effect, everyone remembers BL in vanilla when it wasn't lol
    shaman had windfury in vanilla and it was WAY better than blood lust.... except... it wasn't raid wide

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    shaman had windfury in vanilla and it was WAY better than blood lust.... except... it wasn't raid wide
    Honestly, neither was BL when it first introduced

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Honestly, neither was BL when it first introduced
    I seem to remember cycling shamans into groups for bloodlust on our highest dps before sated was a thing. Good times

There is no "best" healer, every healer brings unique tools and benefits to the raid.

Typically a raid will have 4-5 Priests, 4-5 Paladin/Shaman, and 2 or 3 resto druids.

priests were the 'best' ultimately it comes down to probably aoe healing, shamans have chain heal but no real control over who it heals. prayer of healing is the only other group heal and it heals a whole group so you can control who it heals. TBC is where all healing classes were homogenized to be on the same level as priests, everyone got an aoe heal (or unique utility/spells) so all healers could be main line healers. if they didn't get an aoe heal, the heals they did get were boosted upward whatever spells you gained from 60-70 likely made you a better healer than you were at 60. shamans got Ancestral healing, a talent that is identicle to inspiration, inspiration was like a mini shield wall that in classic only priests & shammies can apply. inspiration + group heal makes priests the best healers in classic. the better group heal, likely higher spell crit chance, and ofc the armor buff is likely easier to apply as a priest. because of the higher spell crit chance you'd likely end up with. as alliance palas don't get an inspiration type buff, and neither do druids, so it makes priests invaluable very important buff. the buff is 25% armor for 15 seconds on crit heals. this stops tanks from dying.

fear ward was over rated i'd still take the 10% reputation gains for being human, eventually all priests were given it and today it doesn't exist anymore. if your warriors/tanks aren't terrible they should be able to avoid every fear with berserker rage. making fear ward largely useful for stopping yourself being feared. for example if i had fear ward and I was doing onyxia, i'd fear ward myself, not the tank. priests were likely the primary target for innervates. I think we almost had 1 priest per group in those days 6-7 priests, 4-5 palas 2-4 druids. was likely our mix. with one person from each class using an offspec if there were too many healers.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-22 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I'm getting really tired of finding bad information.
    Are you saying it's still 10min CD? there's no way Brez is 10min
    Last edited by Zathan666; 2019-08-22 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathan666 View Post
    For PvE:

#3 Druids are usually at the bottom of the meters for a few reasons. Rejuvs are easily sniped and when you have more than 1 rdruid their HoTs will override one another (same thing for priests with their Renews btw). Mana can be an issue. You will most likely innervate to best priest. It's good to have at least one Druid for Faery Fire which is an important debuff to maintain. They have battle res (30min CD) but no single target resurrection spell which is a big drawback IMO. They can be a good tank healer using a swiftmend build. They are one of the best flag carrier in the game (BGs). If you are the only resto druid in the raid you could perform very well. Easy to gear up for this reason.
    Do not forget about two of the single most important abilities in the game that only Mages and Druids have, Remove Curse, and Remove Corruption. For that reason alone it is good to have multiple Resto Druids so the mages can focus more on damage.

Are you saying it's still 10min CD? there's no way Brez is 10min
    nah, I'm saying I found bad information when I looked before. It's very frustrating at this point.

Most raids will want a variety of healers due to their different tool kits. Priests are fantastic raid healers and make quality tank healers once properly geared. Paladins are great tank healers and their buffs are highly prized. Shamans are incredible raid healers and have a number of totems to help in many different ways as needed. Druids may not be great at any one role, but they fill in nicely, and most raids will highly covet their Innervate and BRez spells. And when it comes down to it, as with retail, healers are almost as difficult to find as tanks, so whichever healer class you play is certain to find a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhi View Post
    raiding in heroic 75th percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount
    holy priest>mistweaver>holy paladin> resto shaman>resto druid>disc
    but its like 3k hps difference between them so they have never been closer before, personal playstyle and raid comp will trump class advantge

raiding in mythic 75th percentile
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...hps&dataset=75
    holy pali> rest> resto shaman

mythic+
    resto druid>holy pali>rest
    This is Classic WoW thread friend, I think you may be in the wrong 'neck of the woods' so-to-speak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    Most raids will want a variety of healers due to their different tool kits. Priests are fantastic raid healers and make quality tank healers once properly geared. Paladins are great tank healers and their buffs are highly prized. Shamans are incredible raid healers and have a number of totems to help in many different ways as needed. Druids may not be great at any one role, but they fill in nicely, and most raids will highly covet their Innervate and BRez spells. And when it comes down to it, as with retail, healers are almost as difficult to find as tanks, so whichever healer class you play is certain to find a home.
    Very well put, I would say this it is also important to remember that even though a pally / priest may make the best single target healers, it can also be fun / necessary for those to spam flash / holy on raid targets 1 by 1. But back to the point Wysimdnwyg is spot on that as a healer you will almost ALWAYS have a home.

Full T3 Paladin is on a whole another level, cause Cleanse becomes an instant cast heal

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 30min and it is also a BIG chunk of your mana:
    https://classic.wowhead.com/spell=20484/rebirth
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    I'm getting really tired of finding bad information.
    You did not find bad info m8. It is 10 min with the spec.
    Second row to the left in resto tree https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    You did not find bad info m8. It is 10 min with the spec.
    Second row to the left in resto tree https://classic.wowhead.com/talent-calc/shaman
    Wrong class we are talking about Druids combat rezz not shaman self ress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I seem to remember cycling shamans into groups for bloodlust on our highest dps before sated was a thing. Good times
    In TBC yeah, that was great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    Wrong class we are talking about Druids combat rezz not shaman self ress.
    ... FUCK!! I only looked at the icon and said to myself... That's is the ankh icon! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Do not forget about two of the single most important abilities in the game that only Mages and Druids have, Remove Curse, and Remove Corruption. For that reason alone it is good to have multiple Resto Druids so the mages can focus more on damage.
    ah yes very true. I've added that info in my first post ty

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Eonar
    Anduin
    Tyrande
    Ok that made me laugh haha, touche salesman!

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say really, individually I always found the Paladin to be the 'best', as in being a reliable healing bot, although a strong priest _team_ is the most benefitial for the guild overall, having a weak priest team makes things like naxxramas annoying.

PVE:
    Priest
    Paladin/Shaman
    Druid

PVP:
    Druid
    Paladin/Shaman/Priest

note: Horde druids have an advantage over alliance druids in PvP since Shamans can spam purge druid HoTs