Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Find a guild. Make friends.

Problem solved.
    dont want to

dont have to

its 2019 not a stane age

have discord

will find my group instantly .

and you are free to waste hours spaming trade like a caveman if its what you enjoy .

unlike you we wont judge people who prefer to do so.

because we dont care about them .

7+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I see threads like this, I just feel sorry for the OP, since they confirm that they don't have friends who they can play with. F

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    LFG addon would be the worst possible thing that could happen to classic.

The whole thing about vanilla was that you HAD to interact with people if you wanted to do group content.
    its classic not vanilla

if you didnt notice its 2019 not 2004.

we dont have to behave like people from stone age of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont want to

dont have to

its 2019 not a stane age

have discord

will find my group instantly .

and you are free to waste hours spaming trade like a caveman if its what you enjoy .

unlike you we wont judge people who prefer to do so.

because we dont care about them .
    If youre a spergie why do you even mmo? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Design team made many wrong decisions. That's another of those decisions.
    I'll agree there on design decisions, I've seen them all since vanilla, but not regarding certain add-on types for classic

Well my lesser brained comrade. Noone here wants 2019 gaming thats the whole point. If you like it dont play classic and dont try to ruin it for those who do.

If i buy a 69 mustang i dont want electric windows and dashboard, i dont want automatic collision detection, i dont want electric motors. I want it the way it was.

If i listen to a song from led zeppelin i listen to the way it was. I dont carw if skrillex made a sick beat over it and you think this version is now better. I want the original
    Last edited by Agnastyr; 2019-08-24 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic gradually died after a year anyway, MMORPGs are not sustainable in a static form they have to evolve. We started to drool over teaser portals dotted around Azeroth and pine for the next expansion.

To implement an LFG finder into classic from the get-go you give it a head start on it's death and is really a meaningless thing to do, it's kind of an oxymoron.

Yup. But the add-on wasn't around that long, so atleast they made a decision about it before servers going live, and say if they hadn't decided until 1-2months in, then there would be more outrage. It was nipped In the bud before it went to far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Classic Design team has seemed pretty on point for most of it, and I feel bad for them. A lot of the stuff that should have been obvious was going to happen, seems to have slipped many players by. Things like this for one. If they are guilty of *anything*, it is not saying they wanted to not have this stuff in from the start, but they have been pretty good on everything else, and even regarding this, they have explained their reasoning.
    It was obvious for me that there will be LFG addon. If they did not want that addon to appear, they should have disabled APIs they want to disable now. They had years for that. That would have removed all discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogame View Post
    The LFG addon for new players that have started 1 year later after Classic launch is not a bad idea.

I speak from my own personal experience. I have started playing WoW mid TBC and the experience was horrible even at high pop realm.
    The point is, it was WAY WAY harder and time consuming to find lowbies, because everyone was level 70 and raiding, this will eventually happen in classic.

At launch, WoW Classic experience will be really easy for you, because everyone is levelling and everyone will be willing to party up without wasting time to complete the content. Fast-forward 1 year later, this will be waay harder for new players, so and LFG system that can be used DURING LEVELING ONLY, is not a bad idea 1 year later from now.

Little hypocrisy within the WoW Classic community ; "Disable LFG, but allow Quest helper" which these are on the same tier. They both help you with levelling.
    No, they are not. People can choose to use a Quest helper and it doesn't affect any other player, as where a mass amount of people using an LFG addon means that it would essentially become the primary way to find groups - that effects the player base as a whole, as not using the addon would essentially put you at a disadvantage.

Well, you're in luck because from what the classicLFG developer said his addon is still likely going to work after whatever changes they make. Enjoy

Go back to BfA if you want QoL.

Stop harassing our experience. We want true vanilla experience and not something that it will kinda look like it.
    This nonsense has to stop if this game is going to succeed in the long run.
    This addon would not have harmed the "true vanilla experience" but your attitude toward others who have their brains living in 2019 instead of 2005 will.

The game is supposed to be about community, so people promoting ideas that increase community involvement should be praised, not diminished in such a stupid way as to say "go back to BFA."

We can't go back to BFA. We want to play classes that don't function the same way as they do in Classic.
    We want to do raids that you can't do any more, with mechanics that dont work the same way as they used to.
    We want to do quests in zones that aren't the same any more.
    We want to experience the game's content that we can not access the same way any more, and we want to have fun while doing it.

Facts are, you will not have a "true vanilla experience." Its impossible in 2019. Too much has changed.
    Things like google docs and discord are enough to know that.

If you followed private servers at all you will know that everything is handled differently than it was.
    People clear Naxx in an hour and post videos about it online.
    People have theorycrafted formerly unviable or unthinkable specs into dominance like no-shield prot or manual crowd pummelers on bears.
    Every item in the game is mathed out into BIS lists for all possible content release plans.

Its over. The game has been seen and done to death.

So stop taking this so personal.
    You should be excited to play the timeless elements of Classic, regardless of who is excited to play it however they enjoy.

This needs to stop being an "us v them" topic.

Just because you are the loudest doesn't mean you are right.
    And just because people wanted a dedicated space for group finding in game doesn't mean people don't want to do Zul Gurub on a Holy Paladin buffing every 5 minutes that is wearing cloth with their 20 friends.

Don't divide this community any more than it already is.
    The game can not suffer this sort of infighting years down the road.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Seems a pretty simple way to get your Add-on banned, and have those using it get their account banned also.

Genius.
    If you can name one time people have been banned over an addon that doesn't actually automate anything, ill be very impressed.

Then vanilla is unfortunately not for you. You are not obliged to play it if you feel it lacks QoL features.

We were perfectly aware what we were asking from Blizzard. The authentic game without the automation tools that retail has.

If an add-on automates things, then it should be prohibited.

Helping != Automation.
    What else is there to say, than what is written above.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ask them to make summoning stones great again..

it used to work as LFM tool back in the days?

I dont care about addons, I found people on channels and there was no a single problem.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    If i listen to a song from led zeppelin i listen to the way it was. I dont carw if skrillex made a sick beat over it and you think this version is now better. I want the original
    Stop lying. #nochanges means listening to it on vinyl, not on Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Ask them to make summoning stones great again..

it used to work as LFM tool back in the days?

I dont care about addons, I found people on channels and there was no a single problem.
    sure you can have meeting stones work like they did in vanilla.
    enjoy your group of 2 rogues and 3 mages.

if u want fucking classic u get fucking classic FAULTS AND ALL

Seems a pretty simple way to get your Add-on banned, and have those using it get their account banned also.

Genius.
    Ok Einstein. Blizzard does not ban for using an addon.

The reason the author said it will still work is because Blizzard has been communicating with him, telling him what needs to be changed on his end. From what he has been able to gather, the addon will still work even after the API changes. Blizzard simply wants eliminate certain things the addon can do, such auto-invites, auto whispers, etc

Not even the slightest bit of hypocrisy. Those two addons are massively different in what they do for the player and to the community. LFG removes socializing from a massive portion of the game. Quest Helper, you were just going to google it anyways.

Also "1 year later it'll be hard to find leveling groups", you mean exactly like it was with Vanilla?
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2019-08-24 at 02:21 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.