Thread: WoW Classic HD

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    Yeah that's called BfA, and luckily you can play it with the same subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Yeah that's called BfA, and luckily you can play it with the same subscription.
    Not one person has said "I feel like I'm playing vanilla again because old graphics make it better."

No they say:
    • monsters are dangerous
    • small gear upgrades feel important again
    • the world feels bigger without mounts
    • gaining a level is rewarding again

Graphics don't change game mechanics, graphics change graphics.

"BFA is right there" is like telling someone who wants to see a Final Fantasy 7 with modern graphics but no gameplay/story changes, to just go play Final Fantasy 13. The logic is just not there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Not one person has said "I feel like I'm playing vanilla again because old graphics make it better."

No they say:
    • monsters are dangerous

"BFA is right there" is like telling someone who wants to see a Final Fantasy 7 with modern graphics but no gameplay/story changes, to just go play Final Fantasy 13. The logic is just not there.
    I feel like I'm playing Vanilla again because old graphics make it better.
    I personally had to race change every single one of my undead characters because the new models and animations are so insanely horrendous that I got genuinely depressed looking at them.

Graphics are an inherent part of the perception of a game. Sure you can remake A Link to the Past in Unreal Engine 4 with 16k textures but it wouldn't even remotely feel like the same game.
    Your argument is based on your own perception of what makes "logical sense" or not, which is inherently flawed because the only person who can adhere to that is yourself. You can't force that perception on someone else, and if you want to force that perception on me because I vehemently disagree with your argument then you can kindly fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    But people wanted Classic?
    People want different flavours of classic. You can't simply sum it up as one thing. I mean, I wanted TBC and Wrath, but you don't see me complaining :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I agree.

I know Blizzard's version would be unlikely to ever look this good, but I remember a while back, someone posted what some WoW zones could look like in Unreal Engine. It looked fucking amazing.
    No doubt it looks good, but it's also a totally different art style, which does not suit the game so much. There's more to a game experience than pure graphical fidelity.

I personally had to race change every single one of my undead characters because the new models and animations are so insanely horrendous that I got genuinely depressed looking at them.

Graphics are an inherent part of the perception of a game. Sure you can remake A Link to the Past in Unreal Engine 4 with 16k textures but it wouldn't even remotely feel like the same game.
    Your argument is based on your own perception of what makes "logical sense" or not, which is inherently flawed because the only person who can adhere to that is yourself. You can't force that perception on someone else, and if you want to force that perception on me because I vehemently disagree with your argument then you can kindly fuck off.
    obviously we disagree completely on the graphics subjective power for nostalgia (I don't disagree that there is some). +1 to you.

But You cannot say that, because of graphics, there would be no difference between an HD WoW Classic vs BFA. You cannot say that the difference in gameplay mechanics is non-existent if the graphics are changed. That's what I mean by "logic."

You're welcome to say that graphics mean everything to you and that is all that matters, though. Maybe you'd have been happier with BFA if we never had model updates?

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously we disagree completely on the graphics subjective power for nostalgia (I don't disagree that there is some). +1 to you.

But You cannot say that, because of graphics, there would be no difference between an HD WoW Classic vs BFA. You cannot say that the difference in gameplay mechanics is non-existent if the graphics are changed. That's what I mean by "logic."

You're welcome to say that graphics mean everything to you and that is all that matters, though. Maybe you'd have been happier with BFA if we never had model updates?
    Of course it was an exaggeration, but the overall tone and feel of the game would dramatically shift with a much higher resolution.
    There's something inherently charming about graphics that tell of an era long since past, Classic is intended to be a timecapsule and updating the graphics would not really work with what they intend Classic to be.

And I don't think I'd enjoy BfA more with older models, but it likely would've kept me playing for longer since I thoroughly enjoy the old undead animations and models, that's definitely something I can say.
    God I hate so many of the new animations and models.

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

Oh... It's funny, I answer that way in every topic where this question arises, but people like person you answered continue to ignore it... and this has been going on for 2 years already

Strong vision problems must have they're, hmm?

You forget to add "for me" (as always) and then it would be true, but in your wording it's happen to be a lie. Get used to this fact - you can't decide anything for rest players, these are game rules, customization (choice) is part of game mechanic, so can't be in settings.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-08-22 at 09:17 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I agree with you like most intelligent people who like choices do
    You realize that formulating a sentence like that to imply you're part of "the intelligent people" actually ends up having the opposite effect ?

I am not sure how much work it would be but can't it just be an option, just a toggle for new models or classic models and voila everyone is happy?

I don't care about the new animations but the new models would be nice. However someone pointed out it probably will look crap with the old gear and I think that's a good counter argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You realize that formulating a sentence like that to imply you're part of "the intelligent people" actually ends up having the opposite effect ?
    That is ok, I am not here to impress anyone. My point still stands. Having them effects no one.

10+ Year Old Account

No they say:
    • monsters are dangerous

Just doing a quote for truth.

I'm sure there will be unofficial mods (which may or may not be EULA-blizzpolice discouraged) out there just making the client load textures and models from retail but I really would just like seeing it being official.

Into settings -> high-res checkbox -> check it and have the game not look like crap in 1440p. CRT enthusiasts can have theirs and I can have mine

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    1. Except that it's not Classic then
    2. Just remodelling literally everything is way easier said than done. It could take months or even more than year for them to add this feature most people didn't ask for.

I'd rather have a legit Classic experience, which is the entire point of it, rather than having to wait ages for a shitty HD remake few people asked for.

And no "but it could be just optional" is a BS answer too: If they were to actually remodel everything then there would be a difference in how players, npcs are positioned by the client and this would just create so many issues for the game. Imagine you were playing the HD remake and you can't target a player, because he is using the original models and thus is clipping through the world a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Shhhh don’t say this, all the purists will be awoke and we can’t afford having any more of them since the last culling.
    Yeah because calling names and splitting yourself into groups of "us vs them" and providing 0 arguments is so great. How old are you?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reydan View Post
    I am not sure how much work it would be but can't it just be an option, just a toggle for new models or classic models and voila everyone is happy?

I don't care about the new animations but the new models would be nice. However someone pointed out it probably will look crap with the old gear and I think that's a good counter argument.
    No it can't. See my above comment

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? "Not one person"? Then just look at this thread, where many people are exactly saying that lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    #nochanges

I want the shit un-sharpened edges around models

That is ok, I am not here to impress anyone.
    If that were true, you wouldn't need such formulation. That's the whole reason it gives the opposite perception.
    My point still stands. Having them effects no one.
    In most aspects, true. In others, like keeping the ambiance as it was at the time, it's more of a grey area. Also, it's not always that simple (cf the fact the new models are simply incompatibles with the old ones).

If that were true, you wouldn't need such formulation. That's the whole reason it gives the opposite perception.

In most aspects, true. In others, like keeping the ambiance as it was at the time, it's more of a grey area. Also, it's not always that simple (cf the fact the new models are simply incompatibles with the old ones).
    Not true, the old hit boxes can easily be applied to the new models with minimal effort. I took 3D character design and it really is far easier now than it has ever been to do stuff like that.

Not true, the old hit boxes can easily be applied to the new models with minimal effort.
    Wat ?

Hit boxes and models are irrelevant. It's textures, animations and models which are a problem.
    I took 3D character design and it really is far easier now than it has ever been to do stuff like that.
    You took 3D character design and you mix up hit boxes with models ?

Wat ?

Hit boxes and models are irrelevant. It's textures, animations and models which are a problem.

You took 3D character design and you mix up hit boxes with models ?
    Hit boxes are placed by the programmers and are unaffected by the models and rigging themselves, also the animation names never changed over the years they only added more over time so they would just not use the animations they don't need. Thus the hit boxes are the only hurdle and as I said, it is a lot easier to do then you think.

The demand is there and if you think it is not going to happen that is fine, but we bitched about Zandalari Paladin and we got it, we can get this too and enough of the pro classic people are asking for it. Every single person who is playing classic and in it for the long haul that I know wants the new models as an option.

Just accept that people want it and no matter how much the anti new model people try and fight it they will lose this battle, and if that effects your enjoyment of the game then have a good life lol.

I am of course assuming all the people claiming the old graphics to be the best, have their graphics option set to "3", as that is the "Classic" graphics.
    Otherwise it would be very hypocritical of all the #NoChanges people. I mean, it wouldn't be the "Vanilla" experience? Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Unholyground Spot on my dude!

To all the people saying no - TuRn AlL yOuR sEtTiNgS tO ThE lOwEsT bEcAuSe VaNiLlA wAs BuIlT uSiNg WaRcRaFt 3 EnGiNe.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    Last time blizzard did what community asked we've got bfa. No, ty.

I wouldn't mind new models, cuz they are client side anyways though.
    last time blizz did what community asked we got Classic.... you are a bit off on your time table