Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why so eager to play on launch day?

While I understand the hype some people have about Classic, why so much whine?
    Yes, Blizzard underestimated interest for Classic, in fact probably noone ever thought there will be so many interested.
    Those who entered world only found frustration fighting for quest objectives, tags or whatever.

But, so what? There will be another day, another week, Classic is not going anywhere.
    I also wanted to be there, at midnight, but couldnt, family emergency reasons. So what?
    Played for few hours today, found out Classic is promising and will continue to play. If login queues, will do something else.
    Or are so many people going for world first 60, preparing for months for this?

been waiting a long time to play it

Mostly I am irritated because once again blizzard isnt ready for launch day.

and no, everyone knew there was massive interest. people have been constantly joking about the death of retail. people have been clamoring for classic literally for years. You can expect half the player base that left as the game became more like it is today to come back and try out classic to said if its what they missed.

The fact that blizzard chronically emphasizes that it isn't what players want only to have players say "no, really we do" is just plain frustrating. And now that they finally cave they still underestimate its popularity.
    If this were 10 years ago and blizzard wasn't Oprah Rich, maybe i could forgive them not just shitting out server power for it. But they are Oprah Rich. They can afford to take the slight ding of huge launch support and slowly dialing it back to rope in new subs.

Personally, I was one of the lucky ones. I didn't enter any queue whats so ever I also never had this random disconnects I see people mentioning on Reddit.

I had a blast playing with 2 of my close friends finished Durotar and did 1 RFC and then we logged out in Crossroads, looking forward to play with them tomorrow.

And no we are not rushing to 60, we are using 0 addons, we all played back in 2005 and never played on any private servers so our memory isn't the best when it comes to quests. we are trying our best to relive the same experience. so far we are in it, long term.

I'm playing on EU. on a "full" realm.
    Edit Signature.

Because maybe some people have been looking forward to it for ages? Who the fuck are you to tell what others are excited about.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

people have been literally wanting classic/vanilla for over a decade.
    despite obvious signs that there was more people then servers (blizzard opened like 10 new servers yesterday alone just between NA and Oceanic), Blizzard wasn't prepared for launch and you literally have people spending 5+ hours in queue.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    While I understand the hype some people have about Classic, why so much whine?
    Yes, Blizzard underestimated interest for Classic, in fact probably noone ever thought there will be so many interested.
    Those who entered world only found frustration fighting for quest objectives, tags or whatever.

But, so what? There will be another day, another week, Classic is not going anywhere.
    I also wanted to be there, at midnight, but couldnt, family emergency reasons. So what?
    Played for few hours today, found out Classic is promising and will continue to play. If login queues, will do something else.
    Or are so many people going for world first 60, preparing for months for this?
    It's a perception. People who actually have a life and experienced things understand that it's no big deal.
    People who live for this game are offended because they don't know what a real problem actually is.

I know some people out there will say they experience a lot in life and are still outraged by the state of classic. Again, that's just your perception, you haven't lived enough to understand it's not a big deal. As long as you think it's a big deal it means you haven't lived enough. Your perception needs to reach reality, which is that it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Because maybe some people have been looking forward to it for ages? Who the fuck are you to tell what others are excited about.
    Why so aggressive? Guess you are not one of those polite, non-toxic players people fondly talk about when vanilla is talked about.
    I was also excited, but that doesnt mean I will attack everyone when things go south. Bad things happen.
    Even if people waited for ages, Classic will still be there.
    Whats the difference between playing right at launch with all frustrations that comes with it and few days later?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    despite obvious signs that there was more people then servers (blizzard opened like 10 new servers yesterday alone just between NA and Oceanic), Blizzard wasn't prepared for launch and you literally have people spending 5+ hours in queue.
    And there's people spending days not eating and wondering if they will be alive next week. Your hell is someone's heaven. Go do something else, and I'm not talking about playing another game, go outside, do something with your life until you reach the point where a 5h queue on a 15 years old game stops affecting you, because it's not supposed to affect you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    A level headed person who doesn't lose his shit because of the state of a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Blizzard wasnt in nice position, opening too many or too few servers will both lead to unsatisfied players. Dont think anyone in the world could make it perfectly.

Because we've been waiting for a very long time and of course we want to play as much as possible? Not all of us have shit ton of other things to do.

IF this was a single player game your question might have merit but tbh if you can't give it a minutes thought and realise how getting ahead early can provide a massive tangible benefit to your character later on in an MMO game then it probably isn't worth explaining it either.

Sorry if that sounds snide but it doesn't seem like you gave your question a moments thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I think everyone wants to play something they’re paying for on the day it launches. Dumb question imo.

Blizzard wasnt in nice position, opening too many or too few servers will both lead to unsatisfied players. Dont think anyone in the world could make it perfectly.
    they could have released an addition 5 servers before the game went live. it was apparent to everyone what was happening.

People always want to do things when they are freshly out, not sure if you're really surprised with that or just trying to show you're more intelligent than everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I think everyone wants to play something they’re paying for on the day it launches. Dumb question imo.
    There are new servers but people already arranged with their friends where they plan to play and reserved their names

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    IF this was a single player game your question might have merit but tbh if you can't give it a minutes thought and realise how getting ahead early can provide a massive tangible benefit to your character later on in an MMO game then it probably isn't worth explaining it either.

Sorry if that sounds snide but it doesn't seem like you gave your question a moments thought.
    Well, I dont think everyone wants world 1st of something in wow. Ofc, i can understand those who prepared for this launch wanting Rag kill, or make gold fast to get ahead. But pretty sure very few people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    People always want to do things when they are freshly out, not sure if you're really surprised with that or just trying to show you're more intelligent than everyone else

There are new servers but people already arranged with their friends where they plan to play and reserved their names
    Yeah? What’s that got to do with my comment? I’m one of those people. Our entire guild moved from Firemaw to avoid that hell, but now Noggenfogger has a 2 hour queue. There’s no winning atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Surely understand people want fresh stuff to consume asap (Im one of those who dont), only I dont understand why is it so big deal if things dont go as planned.

Well, I dont think everyone wants world 1st of something in wow. Ofc, i can understand those who prepared for this launch wanting Rag kill, or make gold fast to get ahead. But pretty sure very few people do it.
    It isn't so much about racing to 60 per se. It's just "You can do more and get more in the same amount of time the higher your level", so the sooner you are ahead the earlier you can take advantage of eg. the chaotic economy, having "rare" crafitng recipes etc.

The first people to get the Steel weapon chain plan will be able to charge considerably more for it than the 100th. And there are countless such examples. If I have a level 20 toon in a couple of days I can assist my friends who start playing (by farming them a few silk cloth bags maybe) much more reasily than if I'm only level 10.

I'm just trying to point out reasons that go beyond simple "disappointment at not playing a game they've waited on for a long time" and into more "this will put you at an objective disadvantage" reasons.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-08-27 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    World PVP, thread.
    Yeah, no, you aren't getting World PVP this early. People aren't even out of their entry zones, nevermind entering contested territory without dying to random mobs.