Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Exaggerate much? And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.
    No i do not, Wod was much much much better than BfA

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius View Post
    Overall dimwit
    I'm glad that at least there are few smart people left here.

Then all their subs will pay for retails new stuff. Maybe they go back to being more experimental with their stuff cause they have classic subs to fall back on.

it won't for the simple fact that they didn't update the graphics and looks like shit so it won't attract new players and the existing ones will go down in time.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    No i do not, Wod was much much much better than BfA
    Either never played WoD, never played BFA or you're straight up full of shit. Either way. Block list for you.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Either never played WoD, never played BFA or you're straight up full of shit. Either way. Block list for you.
    Only thing that gives BFA an edge over WoD is m+. WOD was horrible, but that should say something about BFA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which alternate reality did this happen in? Certainly wasn't this one
    You don't remember 15.000 people queues of 8+ hours?
    You don't remember, playing for 5 minutes and then server crashed for the 5th time that day?
    You don't remember "Instance not found" every time you tried to enter your Garrison, where half of the quests started or ended?
    You don't remember loot lag, which meant it took 60+ seconds to loot a mob you just killed.....provided you didn't get killed while kneeling at the corpse?
    You don't remember that Poundfist didn't spawn for 4 weeks, because servers simply wasn't up for 48 hours during the first 4 weeks?

What game did you play? Clearly now WoD on/around launch.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

WoD had better designed areas, better dungeons, better raids, better class design, it had challenge mode the only thing it didnt had was M+. So yeah it was much much, miuch better EVEN IF YOU STAYED IN GARRISON.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You don't remember 15.000 people queues of 8+ hours?
    You don't remember, playing for 5 minutes and then server crashed for the 5th time that day?
    You don't remember "Instance not found" every time you tried to enter your Garrison, where half of the quests started or ended?
    You don't remember loot lag, which meant it took 60+ seconds to loot a mob you just killed.....provided you didn't get killed while kneeling at the corpse?
    You don't remember that Poundfist didn't spawn for 4 weeks, because servers simply wasn't up for 48 hours during the first 4 weeks?

What game did you play? Clearly now WoD on/around launch.
    No, I don't remember any of those things. There's a good reason for that. You're making the mistake of thinking that the experience on some servers was the experience on all servers. I think there was maybe one stretch of 18-24 hours where the login server was a problem. But there were never queues of any kind on my much-less-than-full server. That's the key.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-08-28 at 09:14 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, I don't remember any of those things. There's a good reason for that. You're making the mistake of thinking that the experience on some servers was the experience onall servers. I think there was maybe one stretch of 18-24 hours where the login server was a problem. But there were never queues of any kind on my much-less-than-full server. That's the key.
    True, the issue is many players want to play on the most populated servers and are simply not ready for technical difficulties those servers have on launches. It was the same during BfA launch. EU Draenor was down for like 6 hours and the crying was real...that's what you get for playing on a server with 1 million characters.

doubt that has much chance of happening once the original surge dies down and retail gets a new content patch. But it would hardly be a disaster for blizzard.

Well right now I'd wager it has more players, but it's unlikely to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    True, the issue is many players want to play on the most populated servers and are simply not ready for technical difficulties those servers have on launches. It was the same during BfA launch. EU Draenor was down for like 6 hours and the crying was real...that's what you get for playing on a server with 1 million characters.
    The issue was pretty much that to find people to raid with you had to be on one of the higher population servers, even though there wasn't a queue at all throughout all of MoP, only when WoD rolled around were you suddenly confronted with a 10+ hour queue, because the game's population suddenly spiked by a factor of 2. This was the result of Blizzard's poor server management that forced remaining players to congregate on some servers during the draughts in order to find people to play with. Their atrocious bullshit with mythic and the absolutely uneccessary restrictions of it just made it worse, even if the cross realm grouping today helped alot to aleviate some of it (although it was too late for the WoD launch period). Blaming this purely on players is absolving Blizzard too much of their design descisions that heavily influence player behavior.

The current issues with overpopulated classic servers is the same result. Many expect things to die down after a while, which is why no one wants to play on the newly made servers that are empty, because everyone knows that once things settle playing on one of those will be a pain as well - and this time modern features like cross server grouping will not be coming to help with the issue.

As soon as 8.2.5 launches no1 will remember classic.It will be:Classic who?!?!
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

you would likely see some features creep in to retail if that happens long term, but i suspect that is already planned with a leveling revamp.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    you would likely see some features creep in to retail if that happens long term, but i suspect that is already planned with a leveling revamp.
    What features? Quit acting like Classic is a new thing to happen to wow. All the features that was in vanilla/classic has been apart of retail. Only thing that classic is going to do to retail is class design.

they better fix the queues then because i just gave up even trying - had to wait 60 mins to get in (no problem, i was making dinner anyways) then when i could log in, i did one quest and got disconnected -> 30+ mins queue

i just stopped even trying at that point and went to do arena on retail
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    If Classic surpasses 1.4m, it will already been more successful than BFA (not that it require much considering the state of BFA...).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question, will Classic subs surpass current BfA subs or active player base?

And if so, and it's not just a month then they all leave Classic, but if they stay and keep a strong player base, even more players than BfA, what does Blizzard do? Does that change plans for the future of WoW?

I think Blizzard thought Classic would be a fun side project, something of a thank you to fans, but then expecting it to fade off after a month or two after release, and then just have a small niche player base. But what if Classic is a huge successes and pulls in players in numbers we haven't see in years, and destroys the amount of players in Bfa? Does Blizzard reevaluate what they plan to do in the future for the MMO?
    I really hope that you're not just trying to vaguely start a discussion about post max level 60 content because that discussion has been had a thousand times the answer is no because it would be retarded

However if you are asking about how blizzard will react in terms of player game time I would say it wouldn't really matter because this would allow them to slow down their content cycle a little bit because there is a bit of overlap in terms of the player base I for exsample and one of those players

I will be playing classic in my downtime or when I'm just bored and I will be keeping up with the live content and if one game were to suffer in terms of playtime for me that would be classic because it is not going anywhere the only time-limited thing that I would be interested in doing would be becoming a scarab Lord and even that would be difficult to do so I guess maybe I'll just become a wielder of the sulfuron

what blizzard really can do is present the sub numbers for both games in a way that is great for shareholders since you can't separate the two games they would present the numbers as one in fact I think if we fast forward a few months and classic is at least to the point where you still have 200000 players exclusively on it wizard might start revealing sub numbers again and I say that only because it sounds better than having players measured in time played especially since both versions are separate in that aspect and cannot be played at the same time

basically if classic goes well we will see an announcement about world of Warcraft being at 10 million subscribers again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    If Classic surpasses 1.4m, it will already been more successful than BFA (not that it require much considering the state of BFA...).
    Holyshit I think we've met a psychic do you have insider information about world of Warcraft because that can be illegal to share but bro don't worry I ain't no snitch man you can tell me super secret FBI bro that totally isn't just some troll on the forums talking about how crap the current state of the game is which is something that happens every single expansion even though you think you're being edgy and super cool and unique

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    they better fix the queues then because i just gave up even trying - had to wait 60 mins to get in (no problem, i was making dinner anyways) then when i could log in, i did one quest and got disconnected -> 30+ mins queue

i just stopped even trying at that point and went to do arena on retail
    this is why I like working second shift because when I come back the realm that I play on does not have a queue and since it isn't day one there's not a lot of new players in the zone to the point where I can't tag them off so I actually managed to level tonight I think I'm probably going to play a little bit tomorrow before raid but I definitely have to do my emissaries I need to get my character raid ready and keep him that way because I'm not going to punish the other 19 players that I play with just because I am joy down time and another game

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Serious question, will Classic subs surpass current BfA subs or active player base?
    Get a grip, please. It's THE SAME subscription for both games.

worthless discussion. we will never get official players numbers from blizz, so we have no basis to compare both.

all you are doing is throwing around made up numbers, and going "ooga booga, my gaem best", like the tribalists you are.