Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    That's his persona. He's a pissed off streamer angry at Blizzard for everything. But now he has classic and he can't use that topic to complain about anymore. So he's gotta redirect it to something else.
    I remember playing with Asmon in a guild called Overdose, Alliance Thrall, back in TBC. He mainly PvP'd so we didn't really cross paths much, since I mainly raided. From my experiences with him, way before he ever streamed, was that his angry "persona" is who he really is. It's the "non-persona" person that is the actual persona here.

He's the same little kid he was a dozen years ago, he just happens to be somewhat intelligent. I just find it funny that people eat that shit up and actually believe that he's playing a part when he's not. Not that I care, I don't play nor watch WoW
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

He will be burnt out and back on retail within a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Maybe he should play Classic the correct way and not try to get to 60 as fast as possible - that is pointless.
    I can agree with this. This is the first time that I am getting to see Pre-Cata Horde content. I am going to take my time and take it all in by, reading and doing every single quest and not depending on any questing addons. I am not quite out of Tirisfal Glades yet and my experience has been nothing short of immersive, just like old times. I am looking forward to leveling some of the other Horde races too.

Tragic is not a word I'd choose, no.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by Timotei View Post
    I'm 35, 2 kids.
    Didn't really understood why some people liked to watch other people playing videogames intead of playing those games themselves.
    Then I got a job I couldn't play games at and with blocked YouTube and most social media but the geniuses at I.T. department forgot to block Twitch for some reason.
    Guess what? Now I finally understand the appeal of streamers (probably for different reasons from the young audiences though).

I'm one of the geniuses that manages content filtering in my organization (Checkpoint). We leave social media and gaming categories unfiltered to monitor associates that are dead weight.

So you may want to watch it.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-08-30 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    He's a below average player, glorified by his 12 y/o fans. His entire stream is pointless. He's pissed off because he can't be boosted.
    well, your "average"player is a mythic raider? sure. Average player, in best case would have normal raid mode cleared, if not LFR

imagine skipping the essence of Vanilla WOW - the journey, the leveling.
    Only to login on raid days at 60 and play BFA
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

I've just been questing and reading each quest and roaming around I'm only level 12. There's no rush since I have no desire to raid AT ALL. just chilling and enjoying the game. What ruined BFA launch for me was my friends wanted to optimize the leveling to the Nth degree (maximizing the timing of the exp banner placement in our group of 4 for example) and using the addons that skips everything. I think those hours just soured the expansion for me right then and there. I just dont see how rushing to max and skipping ad much as possible is "fun". I wanted to play with my friends so I tried rushing out but never again. Rather play solo than do that shit
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-08-30 at 06:05 PM.

Tragic? No. Stupid? For sure. Some people seriously fail to realise how happy they are compared to others, and just keep whining and whining and whining. Guess what, most of us have to waste 40 hours per week doing chores at boring work to earn money to be able to eat and drink. And this guy, he just sits there playing videogames, earns so much cash that he can't ever spend, and he is tragic? Seriously. He is a fucking moron, failing to realise how lucky he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm one of the geniuses that manages content filtering in my organization (Checkpoint). We leave social media and gaming categories unfiltered to monitor associates that are dead weight.
    Please, post your company's name, so any decent normal human being will avoid working for it. Thank you.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

eh I can't take asmon hes the shitty version of streamers the soapbox kind. the problem is that even if you do rush to 60, you're still gunna be waiting for every other fucker to level up so you have ppl to dungeon with, then you're gunna roll into molten core, clear it, then raid log weekly. because you have to wait 6 months or so before the next phase and you've burnt through all the content in a month. its true that you might aswell enjoy it the pace, each 10 levels range, enjoy it and enjoy gearing for raiding, once the raiding starts, there won't be enough of it to fill an entire week. then the only person to blame is yourself if you burn out on it.

there is just no rush, its gunna take a while to get enough ppl attuned its gunna take months to farm enough gear to progress, months not days or weeks. the levelling pales in comparison to the half a year it'll take to gear everyone up for t2.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-08-30 at 06:10 PM.

He's been wanting a vanilla server for so long and whenever you tune into his stream he's mindlessly grinding dungeons and he sounds pissed off and bored. Is that really what he was waiting for? Maybe he should play Classic the correct way and not try to get to 60 as fast as possible - that is pointless.
    Literally everyone finds Asmongold tragic, except for people who are just as tragic as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

np. 2 monitors. It's not that I'm not doing my job anyway.

He can do what he wants lol

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Losers make a habit out of spoiling their own fun and only find relief blaming others for their life choices and poor decisions when unsurprisingly frustrated or depressed..
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

He's been wanting a vanilla server for so long and whenever you tune into his stream he's mindlessly grinding dungeons and he sounds pissed off and bored. Is that really what he was waiting for? Maybe he should play Classic the correct way and not try to get to 60 as fast as possible - that is pointless.
    The whole point in the game is reaching max level, leveling is only a small part of the actual game, leveling in classic/vanilla was the most boring tedious thing to do and your saying you want it to last longer, WoW leveling in general is tedious no matter what expansion.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

He's free to do as he pleases i barely watch him anyways, watched some of his bfa rants before.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    He's a below average player, glorified by his 12 y/o fans. His entire stream is pointless. He's pissed off because he can't be boosted.
    enough said,couldnt put it better myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The whole point in the game is reaching max level, leveling is only a small part of the actual game, leveling in classic/vanilla was the most boring tedious thing to do and your saying you want it to last longer, WoW leveling in general is tedious no matter what expansion.
    No, reaching max level is not the whole point of the game.
    If that was true, people would log off as soon as they hit 60.

The game is a series of challenges.
    The game is beating those challenges.

Some like to focus on beating the challenge of getting to Level 60.
    But if that is your single focus, you are going to miss much of the game.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post

Please, post your company's name, so any decent normal human being will avoid working for it. Thank you.

We're actually voted one of the best places to work. It's not unreasonable to want your employees to actually work. I would actually be more aggressive with people who spend excessive amounts of time on useless habits (such as social media, Reddit, gaming, etc..), but it's HR that makes those calls.

This is in place for legal liability reasons. If something bad should happen, we want to know what the employee was doing that was more important than their job.

The best PSA I can give though is, stick to personal browsing on your phones at work, as long as you don't have an MDM solution installed.
    Last edited by ablib; 2019-08-30 at 07:01 PM.

yet most of the people when they have talked about Classic finally coming its always been how hard and fun it was to quest, almost no one have been talking about Classic for the end game part.

it takes as long as it takes though, there is a certain element of slow tedium that you can't avoid. there is a pacing that you can't avoid. this period of the game was precisely when the game needed a levelling experience so that new ppl would, at 60, know roughly how to play their class, if you already know how to play the class at 60, then i would say the levelling experience is wasted on you, but the journey may not be. levelling a new character is how you retain investment. if you're given a max level character for example, zero investment.