• Yes

92 27.54%
  • No

187 55.99%
  • Guild on stand by while everyone plays classic

55 16.47%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Was Raid night Canceled from members playing Classic instead?

Just wondering if Classic has had an impact on your raid nights?

No. My guild still enjoys retail, about half are 'actively' playing classic but they are still raiding quite fine on retail as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    No. My guild still enjoys retail, about half are 'actively' playing classic but they are still raiding quite fine on retail as well.
    Same here. Helps that most of the guild is done with their 65 AP farm, which gives them a ton of free time they can spend on Classic. Things are usually worse when there's some major sport event or "long weekend" or something.

Nope. A few people are playing on off nights, that's about it. Most of my guild prefers retail due to mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    no. why would 15 years old content have an impact on SERIOUS raiders?

No. Classic will be there for long enough, no point in cancelling appointments.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me classic will be a side thing. I still enjoying doing m+ in BfA.

No raid cancelled.

I'm the main tank for my guild and we've made pretty good progression on mythic Azshara (30%)

I decided to not raid on Tuesday because I was stuck in queues on classic so raid was postponed until Thursday. However by then I was so immersed in classic that I honest to god forgot to log in so we ended up missing an entire week of progress.

This caused one of our top healers and our mage to not show up last night and he instead starting playing classic and yesterday the mage posted on discord that's he retiring from raiding. So at this point I don't even want to log in, I think I'm going to stick with classic for now.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Why would anyone who plays this game for raiding choose classic instead? Fuck mythic palace, I'd rather spam shadowbolt all night in easier-than-LFR molten core. That's compelling gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I'm the main tank for my guild and we've made pretty good progression on mythic Azshara (30%)

I decided to not raid on Tuesday because I was stuck in queues on classic so raid was postponed until Thursday. However by then I was so immersed in classic that I honest to god forgot to log in so we ended up missing an entire week of progress.

This caused one of our top healers and our mage to not show up last night and he instead starting playing classic and yesterday the mage posted on discord that's he retiring from raiding. So at this point I don't even want to log in, I think I'm going to stick with classic for now.
    So you got selfish and fucked over your guild. Should have just said that. Would have been shorter

10+ Year Old Account
    If none comes for the raid due to classic- if they told us, then we don't care - if they did not tell us, then they get a break for the week from raiding.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Nope, serious raiders do not consider classic as a replacement at all, hence they don't risk raidspots.
    If someone really leaves the progress now it's not classic that made that happen, it's just an excuse to finaly quit.

B2T: Our Guild (6/8M) plays classic regulary but the raid is not affected at all.

My guild canceled raid this week due to lack of people. Classic is likely to blame, but our participation has been down in general since we cleared Heroic. We just don't have the numbers to do Mythic.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Imagine thinking people serious about PVE consider Classic an alternative worth losing their raid spots over.

What a topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The casual guild I'm in stopped pushing heroic EP since the stong core of our raids is busy playing classic. They might have enough to still run a 10-12 man EP but it would be comprised of casual/mediocre players.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Yup, while I played Vanilla, Classic is almost like something new and exciting again. Like finding your old N64 in a box in the basement with the Ocarina of time cardridge still in it.
    Nothing to do on retail, same stuff, collect pearls, do world quests, fight bosses that have timed mechanics you know when and where and how they're coming out yet the same 3 retards manage to die to it, yet your guild master won't kick them cause 1 is his brother, the other his wife and the third a healer.

The classic hype won't last though so I consider this a well needed retail break for the moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine thinking people serious about PVE consider Classic an alternative worth losing their raid spots over.

What a topic.
    If someone is into PvE, why would they turn down a one time offer on raiding w/ 40 people again? Where in retail can you get scaled raids that allow 40 people? Yes mechanically bosses are more engaging in retail, but that's not the only reason people raid. That's like dropping a decent chunk of money on a car because it goes faster than the other cars. There's still other aspects to the car that can influence your decision, same concept w/ raiding.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If someone is into PvE, why would they turn down a one time offer on raiding w/ 40 people again? Where in retail can you get scaled raids that allow 40 people? Yes mechanically bosses are more engaging in retail, but that's not the only reason people raid. That's like dropping a decent chunk of money on a car because it goes faster than the other cars. There's still other aspects to the car that can influence your decision, same concept w/ raiding.
    Because raiding =/= getting 40 people in a group.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    If someone is into PvE, why would they turn down a one time offer on raiding w/ 40 people again? Where in retail can you get scaled raids that allow 40 people?
    You realize that Raids in Classics are on the niveau of an worldquest mob in BFA right? The general PvE Endgame is simply not there for serious raiders. A dedicated raider does not like to spam one button the whole raid over and over again, playing against bosses without mechanics. Your statement could be right if we talk about casual players like heroic raiders, but only because they likely cleared EP by now.

Classic misses everything a raider nowadays like to have, theorycrafting and mechanics that are fun and engaging. The people that leave for classic are using that as an excuse to do so, not because they want to "raid" in classic. 40 Player raids are also not a factor, it makes no difference despite dealing with more kids.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2019-08-31 at 06:00 PM.