Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

You don't need tanks for low level dungeons.

I keep seeing people spamming /1 and /2, sometimes for an hour, desperately looking for a tank for RFC or WC or something. You don't need a tank for these dungeons, any class can "tank" as you're mostly just stomping weak elites. A "prot" warrior with a shield and 4 points into the protection tree isn't a tank, he's a bad DPS.

You don't need to search around for a tank for two hours for your Wailing Cavern run. The level 19 Rogue can do it just fine. You won't need a real tank until the 30-40 bracket or so, and even then an Arms-specced Warrior who knows what he's doing is arguably better than Prot with sword+board.

This has been a public service announcement.
    Last edited by therealstegblob; 2019-08-31 at 08:00 PM.

this is actually true, and i wish folks had this realistic mindset for other things

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    I keep seeing people spamming /1 and /2, sometimes for an hour, desperately looking for a tank for RFC or WC or something. You don't need a tank for these dungeons, any class can "tank" and you're mostly just stomping weak elites. A "prot" warrior with a shield and 4 points into the protection tree isn't a tank, he's a bad DPS.

You don't need to search around for a tank for two hours for your Wailing Cavern run. The level 19 Rogue can do it just fine. You won't need a real tank until the 30-40 bracket or so, and even then an Arms-specced Warrior who knows what he's doing is arguably better than Prot with sword+board.

This is assuming the people in your group are able to deliver proper dps.

It's not always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    This is assuming the people in your group are able to deliver proper dps.

It's not always the case.
    Pretty hard to not deliver "proper DPS" when all you have is 2-3 abilities. Maybe you'd like to go elsewhere? Your commentary isn't very valid in here.

7+ Year Old Account
    For rfc yeah but I don’t see 90% of people being able to do WC without someone that can solely hold aggro.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Pretty hard to not deliver "proper DPS" when all you have is 2-3 abilities. Maybe you'd like to go elsewhere? Your commentary isn't very valid in here.
    Oh boy...you have no idea...

There were once Wrath babies...there are now Classic Babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    For rfc yeah but I don’t see 90% of people being able to do WC without someone that can solely hold aggro.
    I literally just did it in a group that didn't even have a real healer, let alone a tank.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you cc? What dungeon was it? What level were the group members?

My point is a bunch of mobs running around wacking random people wipes groups.
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane

Bad players will be bad regardless of the complexity of the game. Even with just 1button to spam for dps, they will still manage to do poor dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Bad players will be bad regardless of the complexity of the game. Even with just 1button to spam for dps, they will still manage to do poor dps.
    Alright, doubling down on making a stupid post. You go, girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you cc? What dungeon was it? What level were the group members?

My point is a bunch of mobs running around wacking random people wipes groups.
    Didn't really use much CC. It was WC (as you used WC as your example). We were between the levels of 13-19. I was 16.

A bunch of mobs running around and wacking random people only wipes groups if the people getting wacked die. If they don't die, they don't wipe. Simple concept, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright, doubling down on making a stupid post. You go, girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't really use much CC. It was WC (as you used WC as your example). We were between the levels of 13-19. I was 16.

A bunch of mobs running around and wacking random people only wipes groups if the people getting wacked die. If they don't die, they don't wipe. Simple concept, right?
    Yes it is simple concept difficult execution by 90% of the player base. Usually when people get whacked by mobs 6 levels higher than them die very quickly, especially without a healer. But I’m sure you aren’t exaggerating to prove your point.

Probably true for most encounters except oddities like Verdan and Archaedas

Yes it is simple concept difficult execution by 90% of the player base. Usually when people get whacked by mobs 6 levels higher than them die very quickly, especially without a healer. But I’m sure you aren’t exaggerating to prove your point.
    I'm not exaggerating, no. Which means our conversation is done. Good luck, and goodbye.

I keep seeing people spamming /1 and /2, sometimes for an hour, desperately looking for a tank for RFC or WC or something. You don't need a tank for these dungeons, any class can "tank" as you're mostly just stomping weak elites. A "prot" warrior with a shield and 4 points into the protection tree isn't a tank, he's a bad DPS.

You don't need to specc as prot as a warrior for any 5 man content, or anything pre-raid really. An arms or fury warrior will tank just fine with a 1h and a shield.
    All the rest, true true.

And whichever warrior has 4 points into the prot tree and is looking to level as prot is going to have a bad bad time.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exaggerating, no. Which means our conversation is done. Good luck, and goodbye.
    Lol for calling you out on your bs? There’s no way a group of people ~16 without a tank or healer went through all of WC without cc AND didn’t wipe...I call significant bs

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    You don't need to specc as prot as a warrior for any 5 man content, or anything pre-raid really. An arms or fury warrior will tank just fine with a 1h and a shield.
    All the rest, true true.

And whichever warrior has 4 points into the prot tree and is looking to level as prot is going to have a bad bad time.
    Even for raids you often dont use shields, at least on private servers people for a while now have been using fury/prot hybrid dual wield tanks. High threat per second matters much more than having a shield since you can easily keep tank alive even without a shield, especially in a place like MC where most bosses die in about 90seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Yeah lol. I see so many warriors fighting mobs with a shield and it's like, damn dude you're in for a super shitty time.

Eh yes and no. Rogues, mages, warlocks, hunters and priest can have 1 or 2 (if they're a higher lvl) mobs on them, but you can't really tank 3-4 mobs in RFC.

WC/Deadmines is actually not possible without a bear or a warrior/paladin with a shield unless you're over lvl20. The bosses alone do a serious amount of damage. The trash may not be too bad if you manage to always just pull 1 or 2 mobs (which isn't always possible).

EDIT: What is true however is that the tank doesn't and actually shouldn't use the tanking talent tree at this point. Non prot-warriors and paladins should be able to tank all the way up to the "endgame" dungeons without any issues. Feral can tank and heal every dungeon in the game anyways. The good thing about classic after all is that you get almost all of your spells through the class trainer and not by picking a "spec" (which isn't the same as a spec in BfA). A feral druid healer will run out of mana faster and you lose 1 important cooldown, but otherwise they have all the spells they need (rejuv and healing touch)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-08-31 at 09:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as most people suck, yes you do need a tank.

Lol for calling you out on your bs? There’s no way a group of people ~16 without a tank or healer went through all of WC without cc AND didn’t wipe...I call significant bs
    He does this constantly in the rogue forum, posts some bull shit, gets called out and proven wrong, and doubles down by putting the people on ignore.