• Yes

92 27.54%
  • No

187 55.99%
  • Guild on stand by while everyone plays classic

55 16.47%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We actually had a couple more raiding, though I don't think it got anything to do with either game, holidays are over and we have had an increase since middle of august.

Saying that, launching classic when they did was a clever move by blizz.

Raided 3 times since Classic going live, no one was missing. No one in the guild is interested in seriously playing it. More of a passing fancy for us.

Yes, about 15 players went to classic so mythic team is probably on ice untill next raid or when people get tired of classic

We moved raid day 6 days forward(from Wednesday to Tuesday) to accommodate. People didn't show up for (optional) alt raid on Friday, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I'm the main tank for my guild and we've made pretty good progression on mythic Azshara (30%)

I decided to not raid on Tuesday because I was stuck in queues on classic so raid was postponed until Thursday. However by then I was so immersed in classic that I honest to god forgot to log in so we ended up missing an entire week of progress.

This caused one of our top healers and our mage to not show up last night and he instead starting playing classic and yesterday the mage posted on discord that's he retiring from raiding. So at this point I don't even want to log in, I think I'm going to stick with classic for now.
    sounds like bs or you are really crap team mate. If your statement is true, which i really doubt, cutting edge is close and you decided to throw it out for fetching wolf liver to some npc.. because there is cutting edge element to classic, sure. hopefully you are not going to MT in classic, otherwise I feel sorry for that guild, as you will drop them when 8.3 comes out or sth

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine thinking people serious about PVE consider Classic an alternative worth losing their raid spots over.

What a topic.
    You raid for gear, so if you no longer care about the progression of your retail characters then.. It's quite easy to walk away from it

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I'm the main tank for my guild and we've made pretty good progression on mythic Azshara (30%)

I decided to not raid on Tuesday because I was stuck in queues on classic so raid was postponed until Thursday. However by then I was so immersed in classic that I honest to god forgot to log in so we ended up missing an entire week of progress.

This caused one of our top healers and our mage to not show up last night and he instead starting playing classic and yesterday the mage posted on discord that's he retiring from raiding. So at this point I don't even want to log in, I think I'm going to stick with classic for now.
    Your're on the road to redemption, bro!
    Keep at it

Nope. Two people quit for classic and the rest is showing up for raids and playing classic the other 5 nights of the week.
    And the only complaint I heard was the ques ruining the ability to jump right back into classic once the raid is done.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Prepare? This isn't classic dude. Take the appropriate flask out of the gbank and roll with it - it's better than not raiding at all. There's no way a raid group doesn't have a war or dk or dh or drood or pally that's been tanking m+ unless your guild is SUPER casual and burned out already.
    "This isn't classic" ah yes, that ever insanely difficult time in which half our tanks were Fury Warriors and our healers were Feral Druids in spirit pants. So much more complicated.

Like honestly this comment is so lacking in self-awareness I have to assume it's a troll and I fell for the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Windirmere View Post
    Just wondering if Classic has had an impact on your raid nights?
    I retired from mythic main tank role in preparation of classic (and I wasn’t really interested in bfa design and story) and I have no regrets.

Classic is everything I wanted and more. Rl friends joining wow for the first time, new friends, and old retail guildies reunited again

It did shatter our retail raids tho as 50% or more went to classic with me
    Last edited by justandulas; 2019-09-01 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we still raid. 2 people allready said months ago they would leave for classic, so it wasnt a big deal to slowly replace them.

The others are playing classic & retail.
    Most people finished the 8.2 reps / essences and got the neck to 65 so they are now enjoying some classic.

I don't even know if my guild raided or not. But we usually stop for a while after getting AOTC because we don't have the numbers for mythic, and they didn't design the game in a way to make you give a shit about gear going into a new patch.
    Last edited by oland138; 2019-09-01 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So you got selfish and fucked over your guild. Should have just said that. Would have been shorter
    Is it selfish if I said for 2 years I plan to leave for classic? And that I openly wasn’t enjoying bfa for design reasons?

Call me selfish then because I walked away from a mythic Mt role for classic and will never look back

Half my raid team went with me. I feel bad for our retail friends but they are welcome to join us in classic over the next few years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Imagine thinking people serious about PVE consider Classic an alternative worth losing their raid spots over.

What a topic.
    Meaningful progression matters. The new diablo 3 season style of “play the patch” just isn’t for me.

I want a real progression ladder of having to beat a to b, b to c, etc. I’m talking new raids not different difficulties of the same fights. That’s just bankrupt creatively imho and lazy game design

Rules with us are simple, miss a raid because classic... banned from mythic progression and replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Rules with us are simple, miss a raid because classic... banned from mythic progression and replaced
    That’ll definitely encourage people not to leave. Lol. Bfa already struggling without classic and you’ll threaten guildies? Lol

Not the way to run a successful guild imho

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I want a real progression ladder of having to beat a to b, b to c, etc. I’m talking new raids not different difficulties of the same fights. That’s just bankrupt creatively imho and lazy game design
    Well, you're never going to get any new raids in Classic and they're just putting old content in front of you guys and calling it new which I think is more fitting of lazy game design but you do you, mate. I'm sure the rest of your raid group will definitely join you soon and you won't be heading back instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    We still raid, but no one I know who plays WoW logs in retail for any other reason. There's no game there. You go in and press buttons and purple loot appears or you play DDR minigame or KilJaeden 2.0 in mythic for loot, then immediately log out.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    Well, you're never going to get any new raids in Classic and they're just putting old content in front of you guys and calling it new which I think is more fitting of lazy game design but you do you, mate. I'm sure the rest of your raid group will definitely join you soon and you won't be heading back instead.
    I didn’t say they’d be new, just more enjoyable and a far better sense of progression. Items mean a lot more than retail and that’s just a fact.

Secondly, we don’t even know that they won’t come out with new raids and classic+. They are entirely open and honest that they want to do that and it’s possible

I won’t be headed back regardless because I checked out of bfa before classic anyway because of bfa’s own design flaws. It’s too diablo 3 and not enough Everquest for me.

I’m sure some will go back to retail, but many will stay and many new friends will be made. It’s going to be a great ride. I’ve had more fun in classic than any point of wow since tbc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    We still raid, but no one I know who plays WoW logs in retail for any other reason. There's no game there. You go in and press buttons and purple loot appears or you play DDR minigame or KilJaeden 2.0 in mythic for loot, then immediately log out.

It’s weird because modern wow is almost designed for the people who didn’t like old wow; but Blizz forgot many of us DID enjoy that style of wow based on EQ where as retail is more diablo 3

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's what mythic raiders do? You beat raid A, beat raid B few months later and so on. The difference is that you don't have to do raid A if you had a break or joined late.

And people at the high end don't do multiple version of the fight. Heroic is done for few weeks (less if you do multiple split runs), and after that, it's pure Mythic. I'm not sure where this weird idea of players doing all 4 difficulties come from. Maybe if you add up all alts, but no mythic raider is seriously doing LFR. Or more than 1-2 normal runs.

Is it selfish if I said for 2 years I plan to leave for classic? And that I openly wasn’t enjoying bfa for design reasons?

Call me selfish then because I walked away from a mythic Mt role for classic and will never look back
    The other guy didn't post out, and admittedly forgot to login for raid because of classic. That indeed makes him a piece of shit.

If you gave your guild plenty of headsup that's fine. But to just dip? That's your a piece of shit territory.