Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    I'm living example of the reserve working tho.

If I didn't have a wow sub running, I wouldn't have touched classic. I didn't have any interest.

Then one day I thought, hey why not?

And here I am 35 hours in.
    Have you reached 60 in classic? Are you still playing because of BfA, or because of Classic? Did you already own BfA before subbing for classic?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Think it's only for people who do not own BFA
    They are trying to get people that have recently returned only for classic or new to WoW completely to start dumping money into the retail version of the game. It is pretty damn smart. Really since BfA comes with a 110 boost already they are just getting BfA, so labeling it as you have in the title is a bit misleading.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "200 hours" i mean more of 170 but okay

also really? "People who enjoy classic wont enjoy BFA" not true at all, classic and BFA are very different games. its like saying "people who play pokemon, just wont like starcraft" they are both strategy games. that does not mean people cannot like both.

this literally gives both sides a reason to try out the other, you pay nothing, you lose nothing, its literally fuckign free, and you can just fucking ignore it.
    You took generalized statements and turned them into absolutes. Don't do that. I said "~200 hours" because that's an approximate figure. An average. I said "players who enjoy classic enough to reach 60 GENERALLY....."

Don't be so quick to turn things into a black and white argument. Try to understand what's actually being said instead of starting on a premise of anger.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Eh....I don't know that I'd say it's "Free" considering the raw time involved with just reaching 60 in Classic. But you're right that it's basically a value-add on top of the already great deal of including Classic in the normal subscription. Theoretically a person could get BfA, Classic, and a 110 boost for only $15 if they were willing to sink the time.

But I think where the complaint comes from is that it sort of misunderstands the players. And that's something that Blizzard has been very bad about lately. 8.2 and Re-releasing vanilla showed that they were starting to seem like they understood. This promotion is just a half-step backwards.

So I don't think it's so much of a complaint as it is a statement of disappointment, or maybe exasperation.
    and back to ignore, cant argue with stoopid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Have you reached 60 in classic? Are you still playing because of BfA, or because of Classic? Did you already own BfA before subbing for classic?
    Like I said, im an example of the opposite i.e bfa player getting caught on classic. Granted im a vanilla veteran so there might be a hint of nostalgia, but I never did level a Horde pre cata

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I think there is this notion there is no *new players* in world of warcraft like...ever.
    But i think this notion is untrue.
    I think there is new players all the time...

Why i think this? I dont know, it just makes sense to me.

I guess my only proof is WoW servers marked as "New Players". SO they do exist
    I didn't say that there aren't any new players. I said that I doubt that there are very many of them.

Also: Servers marked as "new" are to balance out populations, not because it's specifically designed, or even has any relation to the actual type of player.

- - - Updated - - -

and back to ignore, cant argue with stoopid.
    Did your account get hacked or something? We disagree on a lot of things, but you're generally not this dismissive or insulting.

I made a legitimate explanation of my point with proper grammar and articulation. You might not like it, but that doesn't make it stupid. WTF, FelPlague.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, im an example of the opposite i.e bfa player getting caught on classic. Granted im a vanilla veteran so there might be a hint of nostalgia, but I never did level a Horde pre cata
    I guess I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. You were playing BfA, which means you already had a sub and BFA purchased. So this promotion doesn't really target you. And I never said people couldn't enjoy both games.

My point was that, in general terms, players who actually enjoy Classic enough to reach 60 aren't going to be as interested in the boost for BfA. There's gonna be a few who play both! Absolutely! But this promotion doesn't seem to make much sense from my perspective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey I’ll take it. I’m going to get to 60 anyway so it’s just a nice extra.

As a player who plays both BfA and Classic, I welcome this free bonus of a brand new 110 character once I am done with enjoying my first character in Classic getting to level 60.

#bFaNochanges

Oh wait ofc. You can pay for it

10+ Year Old Account
    if people came back for Classic, a free 110 won't make them want to play BfA.

A free 120 won't even make people come back
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Good idea imo, few people i know who quit during WoD years came back for classic. They will likely get bored of classic soon and now have access to the latest expansion for free. I am sure they will check it out when they otherwise probably would not have. Not sure if they will stick with retail this time the neck level + constant grind for same azerite + unlocking essence thing kinda sucks.

7+ Year Old Account

Did your account get hacked or something? We disagree on a lot of things, but you're generally not this dismissive or insulting.

I made a legitimate explanation of my point with proper grammar and articulation. You might not like it, but that doesn't make it stupid. WTF, FelPlague.
    im just tired and "its not free" its literally free... it is not something new you need to do you wouldnt do before, its not like "level all classes to 60" its not something you pay for, its not something you need to buy a bundle for or do something special like "be subbed for 6 months"
    its literally just
    play the game...
    the only way it could be more free is if you logged in and got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

And people laughed when I said Classic was nothing more than a retention mechanism for retail. :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    the only reason i'll play classic if this works for accounts that already have BFA. get that free 110 boost.
    You take less than the 170 hours it takes you to get to 60 to make gold in retail to buy a boost.

This tells me there are a lot of people playing Classic that didn't buy BfA. I don't think they do this if there are 200 people, but if there are 35,000....

This is just good marketing on Blizzard's part.

Also doubling down on the idea that both games can co-exist. There doesn't need to be so much fanboi-ism on both sides bashing the other. Play the game you enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    And people laughed when I said Classic was nothing more than a retention mechanism for retail. :^)
    It is a revenue generator for sure, whether you like it or not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    "reaching level 60 in World of Warcraft: Classic will unlock the Battle for Azeroth expansion and a free level 110 boost."

I do not think this means what people think it means. Sounds more like the people who have come back to play Classic and who have yet to upgrade their account to BfA are given BfA and the boost free after slogging through Classic to level 60.

This worded as the expansion itself for free, not an additional boost for people that get to level 60 and already have BfA.

Hopefully, more details come to clarify this, lord knows if Blizzard does not do soon many will be whining about not getting an additional boost upon reaching level 60. Once things like this catch fire in this community, they take on a life of their own.

As someone who plays both games, I'm really happy with this. I loathe leveling new characters in BFA, and I hugely lack max level Alliance characters while I have an army of Hordies.

Ofcourse all we can talk about is ''X game has to save Y game!'' while it is an obvious stunt to make people play both versions.

im just tired and "its not free" its literally free... it is not something new you need to do you wouldnt do before, its not like "level all classes to 60" its not something you pay for, its not something you need to buy a bundle for or do something special like "be subbed for 6 months"
    its literally just
    play the game...
    the only way it could be more free is if you logged in and got it.
    I literally said:

"...you're right that it's basically a value-add on top of the already great deal of including Classic in the normal subscription."

All I was pointing out was that there's an associated cost in raw time. The idea of "free" doesn't apply to just monetary value, you know. There's also the cost in potential emotional investment. These are not "stupid" concepts, and deserve to be considered carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    So this was all a error? A mistake? A leak for the future, possibly?
    Blizzard already made it clear that they don't intend to make "cross-rewards" between both games, and a "free BfA copy + 110 level boost" for reaching level 60 on Classic does fall into that category.

So, yeah. I'm going with "error".

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    This is just good marketing on Blizzard's part.

Also doubling down on the idea that both games can co-exist. There doesn't need to be so much fanboi-ism on both sides bashing the other. Play the game you enjoy.t.
    Exactly, on both accounts. This is good for Blizzard, good for Classic players, good for BfA players. The addition of classic into the normal sub, much less just its existence in an official state, has almost no downsides. It's probably one of the best moves Blizzard has made in a long time.

Believe it or not, but some are fine with BFA.
    I'm one of them, imagine that!