Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race to World First.. Curious about Methods intent.

Hello everyone,

Considering what all would go into a legit WF race (leveling routes/prep/dungeons compositions, etc) it seems (based on whats being said on the streets) that Method really had no intention of getting WF (60, Rag, Ony, etc) but instead utilized clickbait titles to get more money via views and tying in the idea of WF from retail back to classic.

Did they milk this on purpose for $$$? What are your thoughts?

In before "You cares, why do you care, go back to retail, "etc :lul:

Its possible they were prepped for a challenge and there wasnt one

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    it seems (based on whats being said on the streets) that Method really had no intention of getting WF (60, Rag, Ony, etc)
    You don't have to get your rumors in some back alley, Method clearly stated on stream that while several players of them play in in the Vegas venue, they don't compete.

Method is a business, they make money by streaming. Classic release has a big viewer interest in itself, Method made an event around it. Nothing more to it. It's entertainment.

They probably did the same misstake as 90% of the players seems to have done, they remembered Vanilla as something challenging and miscalculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Smetz View Post
    https://i.redd.it/butc9yq77zj31.png

Posted a week before release.
    Yes, but the memes must flow.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was just about the hype and not about them competing at anything. Players at this level know that raid was going to be completely destroyed as soon as enough players reach level 60... or just 56+. They knew it was all about levelling speed, at which point you get into "practicing on private servers for years" and "sleeping as little as possible", where their strengths as a retail guild cannot be properly utilized. They didn't even get their whole roster in Classic and didn't put nearly as much effort as other players.

I'm more curious about "cashing in on the hype" - was that really so profitable? Neither of their streams was even remotely close to winning the race to 60, nevermind Ragnaros. There was very little "racing" in it and views being relatively low confirmed that. Now, maybe if they actually features guilds like Apes, it would be more exciting, but still. Felt like a waste of time to me to even watch it, when "best" players had their own streams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yes, but the memes must flow.
    There sure is a lot of people mocking Method for their "loss" and honestly believing they took this "race" seriously. I'm sure Sco is crying right now, that's *three* World First that they failed to achieve.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-09-01 at 01:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

did anyone rly expect method to do it when they are against people like APES and jokerd, who have been playing on private servers for years and know everything inside out

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    They probably did the same misstake as 90% of the players seems to have done, they remembered Vanilla as something challenging and miscalculated.
    If you mean easy with having a lot more tools, stronger specs, nerfed version of the raid, months of training on private servers, .... then yes. It is easy.

You have to remember that there was no healbot or grid back then making efficient healing lot harder and stuff liek the emergency monitor just created a ton of overheal. The old raid frames were crap and you had your intel all over the screen. Boss mods were not available and people had to use manual timers in the game and next to their keyboards to track it. The mechanics were all unknown and had to be found out via playing on live and wiping.

If you do combine all the current knowledge and tools it is super easy to do, but back then these were not available just like that. Boss mechanics were unknown before you tried a boss except another guild did it and wroe a guid from their perspective or you watches clips and tried to find out what all the stuff does.

Yes, MC was balanced for pre class rework raids with 5 minute paladin buffs and no instant raid buffs but single target buffs. It was balanced for grps that had no boss mods and had no idea what strategies could work. They had no idea which classes were needed at which boss and many tricks for bosses were found out later.

The players playing now are not better than the players back then, just what you have to be good at is different. Back then information gathering during fights was way more important, now it matters more to react in time.

Hello everyone,

Considering what all would go into a legit WF race (leveling routes/prep/dungeons compositions, etc) it seems (based on whats being said on the streets) that Method really had no intention of getting WF (60, Rag, Ony, etc) but instead utilized clickbait titles to get more money via views and tying in the idea of WF from retail back to classic.

Yes?
    You thought this wasn't about making money off of Classics hype?
    You think Aszhara world first race was about the community and not about money?

Its always about money.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Why do you even care? Does it affect you in any way?

If they were offering something that people wanted to see and those people were satisfied, then why does it matter?

Hello everyone,

They were just as hyped as we were. People simply massively underestimate how much our skill has increased. Even a simple thing like most people were keyboard turnings and clickers - the contents at that level not higher.

That said, the PvP scales with our skill - so that's gonna be just as good

Seems like they did it for the audience.

The same as the so called classic fans that value the "classic experience" but 95% of their time was grinding packs of mobs or grinding instances. That does not sound like someone who is enjoying classic, rather sounds like and attention whore.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

i like how this is still page 1 of this thread, there are multiple people (some who have shown legit proof) saying that method had no intention of competeting,

and yet people still go "LOLOLOL METHOD SUX"

mmo-c, never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around or desert you

Those Method rats are just trying to monetize every single shit out of the game. I would not be surprised to see them pimping their moms for some quick cash if they could. Filthy and greedy bastards

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Those Method rats are just trying to monetize every single shit out of the game. I would not be surprised to see them pimping their moms for some quick cash if they could. Filthy and greedy bastards
    you just sound bitter they get to do what they like AND get paid for it
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Bet you would not say to your employer "nah, man, I don't need my paycheck, I'm cool?"
    It's interesting how much hate they get for being in the spotlight and getting paid for the game. Bitter much how they have managed to make this game their living, while for others it's merely their life. Poor souls.

Hello everyone,

I always thought that Method just wanted to "host" the event, but the actual members weren't really interested into that right?

Also I remember when Sco had an interview on Allcraft (I believe) he explicitly said that he wasn't excited about Classic at all.

But yeah it was to be expected that those Method players that actually were going for the world first would never get it. They probably just picked up a guide and that's it. I don't think that they played on a private server and practiced.

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Bet you would not say to your employer "nah, man, I don't need my paycheck, I'm cool?"
    It's interesting how much hate they get for being in the spotlight and getting paid for the game. Bitter much how they have managed to make this game their living, while for others it's merely their life. Poor souls.
    KEK fanboys like you who idolize and grovel over gaming "heroes" like em are the pathetic ones.Na,not me. For pathetic people like you the game is your life. Which is why people like you kowtow to your so-called "heroes" so much. Same for those suckers who donate their money to those greedy rats when they can spend the money on people around them that matter instead

Infracted: Don't insult other site users {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-02 at 06:33 PM.