Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that I'm sitting in a 3k queue on a Tuesday evening a week in

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    That's a wild guess for concurrent number of players, that are logged in at the same time.
    And this is a pretty important distinction. I wonder what the rough conversion rate between concurrent users and MAU is?

I just love the new MMO hype phase. It's always great when a new MMO comes out and everyone talks about how full the servers are and how it's going to change everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Alright, so the numbers are coming in and Classic is up to around 1m subs.
    Truly surprised how many people wanted to play this game.
    Yanking random numbers out of your arse isn't a source. If you cant back your claim, then its at best a lie, and could stray into conspiracy.

And it would be wrong to point out that there are no 'Classic' subs... they are Warcraft subs... there is no differentiating them.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2019-09-04 at 02:17 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I think your estimates are low.

maybe they are going to understand that even casuals dont want to be fed with fast food crap..

even my friends that work a LOT and only play 1-2 hours every second day love it and say that it feels rewarding and more fun than BFA .

i hope blizz will understand that class identity and stuff like that is more important than having 10 classes all doing the same dmg with 5 spells

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    maybe they are going to understand that even casuals dont want to be fed with fast food crap..

even my friends that work a LOT and only play 1-2 hours every second day love it and say that it feels rewarding and more fun than BFA .

i hope blizz will understand that class identity and stuff like that is more important than having 10 classes all doing the same dmg with 5 spells
    what class identity is their in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    It's meaningless to me too, i dont care if classic or retail has more players, cause to me retail has and will always have the superior raid experience and thats what i enjoy.
    That would mean you always like the newest raid no matter if it's objectively worse? Surely you liked some boss fights from Legion, or MoP more than some of BFAs? I can't take you serious if you say yes to that question. I mean, I could but... come on, that's a hilarious statement.

Raid design is not improving like technology, while I agree that the real old raids from Classic to Wotlk were pretty boring I would say most raids starting MoP were all pretty cool with some bad ones sprinkled in. And I would only consider BFA raids to be retail, Legion is already not retail anymore.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-09-03 at 11:51 PM.

It's safe to assume a 20k server average by now. US (+SAm/OC) and EU should sum up to ~700k each. Dunno about Asia, maybe the same so 2m is possible.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Much more than that, classes will be overhauled to be Classic like, where class identity is more important than spec identity. Talent system overhaul most likely. Expect lot of QoL to be removed as well. Retail will basically be classic with modern graphics, otherwise it will die. Sad!
    Literally never going to happen.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    That's a wild guess for concurrent number of players, that are logged in at the same time.
    They said Herod had about 50k on with all layers combined during pre launch event for name reservations.

The number of active people on a server is also a lot higher then the concurent number since theres people that play at different ours and the players cycle.
    For example: Nostalrius had 10k concurrent players and 150k active accounts.

There are a ton of people playing classic but it doesn't mean anything since the number will drop drastically soon. The retailers were inflating the numbers and they will return to BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    That would mean you always like the newest raid no matter if it's objectively worse? Surely you liked some boss fights from Legion, or MoP more than some of BFAs? I can't take you serious if you say yes to that question. I mean, I could but... come on, that's a hilarious statement.

Raid design is not improving like technology, while I agree that the real old raids from Classic to Wotlk were pretty boring I would say most raids starting MoP were all pretty cool with some bad ones sprinkled in. And I would only consider BFA raids to be retail, Legion is already not retail anymore.
    Yes i do mean BFA raids too, in the sense of challenge cause im a cutting edge raider, if i play classic for the endgame pve i would be degrading myself.

Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    No. Everybody who thinks this is a Classic versus retail zero sum game are the ones who are less than aware of whats going on.
    Retail will not be made more like Classic and one is not better than the other, nor is one killing the other.

Blizzard made it one subscription and planned a phased approach to Classic content because they look at it as one product. Some will play only one, but most will play both. You will see a retail patch followed by a classic phase, and then a retail patch, etc... The popularity will swing back and forth and it will allow them to gap content in each by giving something new in both worlds in alternating cycles.
    And we got a winner here, folks.

The debate mostly exists in the head of fanboys. For Blizzard, Classic is a way to retain subs and bring back some players, it's not another product designed to compete with Live. A lot of people playing Classic will go back to BfA, or are already playing both at the same time for different reasons. They can do this because now that the work in integrating Classic to the modern client is done, they barely have to do anything with it anymore beyond unlock a few instances and systems every couple month.

That's why I expect TBC and perhaps Wrath servers down the line. Blizzard can basically get several versions of the same game going while only having to really support one with new content.

Hopefully blizzard learns from this how to repair retail. If you make the game community driven, a lot of things issues get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post

even my friends that work a LOT and only play 1-2 hours every second day love it and say that it feels rewarding and more fun than BFA . hope blizz will understand that class identity and stuff like that is more important than having 10 classes all doing the same dmg with 5 spells
    So my friend list is still empty, no one from my friends came back, some people played 2 days in classic and they don't play it anymore.
    I hope Blizz will understand that not everybody want to play recycle shit and they should invest in the future of the game instead of putting the effort on somethign that will last a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Fuck off we can all see that Classic is destroying retail.
    WoW broke a fucking twitch record over LoL and fortnite after 15 years of release and not by any new expansions.
    No the good old 2004 WoW did it. Like it broke records in 2004, it still breaks fucking records today.
    BfA during its beta/early launch period had almost 3 times the viewership of Classic on Twitch. Keep that in mind, next time you want to bring Twitch as any measure of success and "superiority".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Imagine thinking that the reason retail is shit is basic they don't have enough money.

Absolutely mindless thoughts.
    I never said it wasn't doing great because of money, the irony is all these people who shit all over retail are paying to support it while shitting all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    BfA during its beta/early launch period had almost 3 times the viewership of Classic on Twitch. Keep that in mind, next time you want to bring Twitch as any measure of success and "superiority".

Or... You know... You stop telling lies and backup your claims with facts.

BfA was announced at 3. Nov 2017 at blizzcon.
    Here is the relevant Twitch data from the announcement of BfA until today. At no time prior to classic there was a higher number of viewers per day then at the classic release and the week after.

Last edited by Alexieel; 2019-09-04 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Quite QUITE shy of the retail killing numbers you claimed they would have....these numbers were to be expected.
    It just means wow classic has around 200k people at any given time, not that these are the same 200k
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexieel View Post
    Or... You know... You stop telling lies and backup your claims with facts.
    Damn, someone is mad, here. Nice one.

I was simply going with the boasted 200k peak viewership Classic had during its beta period. Chill.

And even if I'm wrong with the numbers, it doesn't change the underlying fact that Twitch viewership as a metric regarding the success of a game is just weak, to put it mildly. Especially during its beta/launch period, since hype is a huge factor regarding such high numbers.

No it didn’t. The hell are you talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, someone is mad, here. Nice one.

I was simply going with the boasted 200k peak viewership Classic had during its beta period. Chill.

And even if I'm wrong with the numbers, it doesn't change the underlying fact that Twitch viewership as a metric regarding the success of a game is just weak, to put it mildly. Especially during its beta/launch period, since hype is a huge factor regarding such high numbers.
    Your doubling down on a terrible logic after you “facts” got smashed.

We get it - you hate classic - shame for you it’s successful. Shame for us all if the next expansion isn’t.

Take your salt home lad. It doesn’t do the community any good.