Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arth View Post
    Allow people in the same group to loot quest item drops.

Leveling with friends is great when it comes to killing mobs, but when it comes to looting items it sucks.

I think it can be an easy fix from blizzard. It currently works when looting special quest items "Kill x and get his head" allows all people in the group to loot it. "Gather 5 kidneys from xxx " doesn't.

What do you guys think ?
    Absolutely Not. What happened to grouping and community and working together?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's already the case and it's always been the case.
    Only for named mob drops.

- tagging the same Mobs by multiple players
    - everyone gets to loot quest items
    - everyone gets his own nodes/flowers to pick
    - more flypaths
    - more graveyards

I don't care at all if it's the "authentic classic experience", it isn't anyhow (1.12) and i had the "real experience" back then.
    It would just make Classic a better game and i would consider to even touch it again (but even then...not for long tbh).

It's part of "Classic" to be slightly annoyed, whilst having tons of fun with your group ;-)

If you start opening the QoL box, you end up with the mess that is BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    As much as i would love the change, let classic be classic. But tbf i think it works quite different way i think. Yesterday i've done harpies talon quest in barrens with another player and i notice it only drops for one player per mob, so for example if it was in my mob loot, then he didn't saw it and vice versa. Of course becuase of that it requires to kill way more mobs than when doing it alone.

Yes, but those are Vanilla issues that were specifically recreated for things to function the way they did in Vanilla, regardless of inconveniences or whether the design choices were good. That's the developers respecting the game design decisions of 2004.

You can't solve Vanilla problems with Retail fixes, otherwise it's not Vanilla anymore.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

15+ Year Old Account
    Why so ? It doesn't ruin the classic experience, and quite promote the MMORPG experience to group up and do quests. Sometimes you'd think its better to solo quest so you can loot faster.
    Hate to break it to you but unless it is a named special mob where as you put it you have to get the head of someone, there is only ONE of those quest items that drop. Since it goes back & forth between the players to get loot outside of need/greed/pass rolling for items, it also goes back and forth for quest items. The thing is though, if that item drops from the mob and the person who's turn it is to loot it has finished looting all the required items ANYONE in that group can loot the item after that person loots his other stuff (meaning you kill a Defias Smuggler and your buddy who has finished looting all of his Red Leather Bandanas for the quest Red Leather Bandanas goes to loot his linen & Dalaran Sharp from that Smuggler it would now show up as something there for someone else to loot in your group and YOU could loot that Read Leather Bandana instead so essentially there is no "wasted" loot turns). Since you are grouping up with other people, your exp gained per kill is lowered so to make up for this you need to kill more of them for everyone in your group to loot all their items. I'm guessing you didn't play vanilla because if you had you'd know that the last 1-3 levels are almost fully grinding because of the likelihood of you running out of quests before hitting 60. If you were to make everyone in your group able to loot all of those Red Leather Bandanas as I mentioned earlier, you'll run into issues very early on of running out of quests before being able to move on to the next zone and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Unfortunately, as the people below will express:

- No changes. It wasn't in Classic, let Classic be Classic... if you want those "Quality of Life" improvements go play retail.

- It's a slippery slope. Putting in features like this can turn Classic into Retail.

- It's part of the magic of Classic to loot quest item drops like this.
    And all these points are valid counter points to the ones who wants changes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why so ? It doesn't ruin the classic experience, and quite promote the MMORPG experience to group up and do quests. Sometimes you'd think its better to solo quest so you can loot faster.
    it does
    ////////////

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    - tagging the same Mobs by multiple players
    - everyone gets to loot quest items
    - everyone gets his own nodes/flowers to pick
    - more flypaths
    - more graveyards

I don't care at all if it's the "authentic classic experience", it isn't anyhow (1.12) and i had the "real experience" back then.
    It would just make Classic a better game and i would consider to even touch it again (but even then...not for long tbh).

LUL make changes for someone who doesn't give a shit and won't play, please don't come to this game, ques are long enough already
    Last edited by Trbn; 2019-09-04 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sch1ntus View Post
    It's part of "Classic" to be slightly annoyed, whilst having tons of fun with your group ;-)
    I can tell you my group isnt exactly having fun when we need to collect 9 quest items from enemies that dont spawn fast enough. turns out dynamic spawn doesnt kick in if the zone has same mobs but 5 levels higher alive

As I noted above, it works when killing a quest mob leader, why can't it work when looting the little guys.
    Because they're a single instance of a named mob on an increased spawn time. If you had to kill them 5 times for your party to all get their head that would be silly. It's just basic game design man.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    In a 2 man party, each party member is only getting 50% exp per kill. 39% in 3, 32.5% in 4, and 28% in 5.
    No you dont. You get 50% exp per kill + bonus for grouping. Yes you get less exp than solo like 40% less or something but you kill mobs faster so in the end you earn more exp when you are grouped.

Allow people in the same group to loot quest item drops.

Leveling with friends is great when it comes to killing mobs, but when it comes to looting items it sucks.

I think it can be an easy fix from blizzard. It currently works when looting special quest items "Kill x and get his head" allows all people in the group to loot it. "Gather 5 kidneys from xxx " doesn't.

What do you guys think ?
    I actually think this makes sense because it incentivize group play.

However, I'm for "no changes". Even though some changes might makes sense, I don't think they should be done because they are not necessary. Classic is fun as it is and I'm always saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". And Classic ain't broke

I'm against it, not because I'm a purist, but because it's a POINTLESS change. When you group with someone the mob xp goes down accordingly. Now let's say you need to do a quest and you need to kill 10 boars solo on average to finish it. You will get the experience for the quest + the 10 x boar xp. If you group and get the same result, you end up with less xp. In the end you will be forced to grind outside of questing even more than you need to do now. It's a false sense of achievement... and it's actually no QoL improvement at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I actually think this makes sense because it incentivize group play.

However, I'm for "no changes". Even though some changes might makes sense, I don't think they should be done because they are not necessary. Classic is fun as it is and I'm always saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". And Classic ain't broke
    Half the shit people complain about are shit we called broken back in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Half the shit people complain about are shit we called broken back in vanilla
    But the game is not broken. The game is fun. As long as the game as a whole is fun and people enjoy it, there is no need to change anything. I agree that you can classify individual pieces of the game as broken, but if the overall experience is still good then my opinion is that we shouldn't change it. Unless it is absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But the game is not broken. The game is fun. As long as the game as a whole is fun and people enjoy it, there is no need to change anything. I agree that you can classify individual pieces of the game as broken, but if the overall experience is still good then my opinion is that we shouldn't change it. Unless it is absolutely necessary.
    terrible way to design a game. a bag of poop can be fun too

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    No you dont. You get 50% exp per kill + bonus for grouping. Yes you get less exp than solo like 40% less or something but you kill mobs faster so in the end you earn more exp when you are grouped.
    The bonus for grouping does not start until 3 in the party, and its a 17% bonus, 30% for 4, and 40% for 5. This is a bonus to the base xp a mob gives, and then split between all party members.

im okay with having to kill twice the amount of mobs if im in a 2man party..

If only there were any more mobs to kill... The respanrate cant keep up with the player flow. the server layers need to be zone specific imo. And stv needs like 25+ layers (or all respawnrates cut in half or more...)

This is why everyone and their grandma is spamming dungeons. Because constantly killing elites in a grp is more efficient than standing around doing fuckall waiting for respawns.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Well, if you’re in a party you should be killing about twice as fast and coupling that with the bonus you get from being in a group, you should actually level faster, unless of course you are lying, but then again you did grind condors for two hours
    You assume people's idea of fun is grinding the same dungeon eight hundred times instead of actually trying to complete quests. Or grind mobs. The entire point of the OP was talking about DROPS.

Give me a fucking break here, you're being so insanely disingenuous. Everybody damn well knows how low the drop rate of the vulture meat quest in Westfall is. You assume that people are doing quests in a vacuum with nobody else around. This isn't retail where the more people doing a quest the faster the respawn are.

You also aren't getting any bonus exp for two people, which is what I clearly said.

Try harder to read next time before you knee jerk come out defending shitty classic.
    Last edited by Yoshingo; 2019-09-04 at 09:20 AM.