Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatadorMedia View Post
    So you don't want to actually play the game? The end game was only ever half the experience. If you haven't leveled then you don't understand the world, you haven't made any connections with other players, and you haven't grown to truly hate the opposite faction.
    100% this
    By not lvling....you don't make friends, experience guild drama...laugh..cry. Explore the world and dying 20 times on ONE DAM QUEST cause you got to the area after 99% of other players did that quest. I was with a war doing the trogg defend king quests. We'd die almost the moment we got our bodies back. It got to the point where we just laughed each death and said yea..welcome to classic. :P
    Last edited by Muajin76; 2019-09-04 at 03:21 AM.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Levelling...exploring the game, and the small stories that sometimes go with a certain level...all part of the game I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Silithus thing was an atempt to make people Wpvp again.

Gurubashi was deserted all the time.
    Yes indeed. That’s my point.

I still chuckle at people thinking leveling is some joyful thing to do, 15 years later. After your first toon gets to max level, and then max level in the next expansion, and then max level in the next expansion, every subsequent toon is just boring as hell to level.

Leveling is, and always has been a means to an end. Endgame is where gear-based games have always been.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I still chuckle at people thinking leveling is some joyful thing to do, 15 years later.
    bUt iT's aBoUt ThE jOurNeY??!?

And also.. "learning to play your class" (that one always makes me laugh)

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It's fun for an hour, and then I have to take a break.
    I never force myself to play anymore than I enjoy and I don't suggest you do it either. Play when you want bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    100% this
    By not lvling....you don't make friends, experience guild drama...laugh..cry. Explore the world and dying 20 times on ONE DAM QUEST cause you got to the area after 99% of other players did that quest. I was with a war doing the trogg defend king quests. We'd die almost the moment we got our bodies back. It got to the point where we just laughed each death and said yea..welcome to classic. :P
    Not that I'm suggesting it or want it but all of that can be done after you get a boost.

The only thing unique to leveling is specific zone "difficulties". If you boost you'll never know the annoyance of the Elwynn Forest murlocs. That's it, you'll still run into other people while out in the world, still experience guild drama, laugh, cry, explore, all of that, you just won't have a memory of how it was difficult when you can one shot the mobs.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-09-04 at 05:01 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

That's unfortunate. Leveling is amazing. It's equally as on par with end game content.

9 pages, I think OP is quite satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I don't want to be stuck at job training for a month, before I get to do the real thing. And no, it's not a fucking tutorial. Tutorials are not that fucking long. It's labor. The people who enjoy leveling want to see other people around, so the people who hate it are stuck being around.
    Leveling is not "training", it's a part of the game. It IS the "real thing" just as much as max-level is.
    Does anyone else feel the same? Can't fucking level?
    No, I enjoy leveling. It's what allows us to roam the regions, to encounter people, to explore the map.
    It gives size to the world, it give a reason to play for long stretch of time, it allows both solo and group play.
    Will we ever get level boosts for Classic?
    Will we ever be rid of people who try to change Classic for the opposite of what it is ? You have BfA if you want meaningless leveling that can be boosted through and complex high-level content. Don't come to what we fought for 10 years just to pollute it with what we fled from.

- - - Updated - - -

I still chuckle at people thinking leveling is some joyful thing to do, 15 years later. After your first toon gets to max level, and then max level in the next expansion, and then max level in the next expansion, every subsequent toon is just boring as hell to level.
    Speak for yourself. While you chuckle, I pity. It's sad not to be able to enjoy something because you're too impatient of what come after.
    Leveling is, and always has been a means to an end. Endgame is where gear-based games have always been.
    Well, you're factually wrong, what can I say.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do it for the journey and the friends you make along the way. The flipside is that your life has to suck pretty bad to want to escape it while seeking out the same qualities that make it worth living in a fictitious sandbox on your screen. Band-aid fixes are better than nothing but in the long-term they more often than not prolong suffering as they don't change the inevitability of the current path that's chosen. Good for you to at least know where you're coming from and what you want from a game OP.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I just have to ask because i'm not familiar with this classic end game that people are talking about.

Is it AV and Arathi basin? Molten core?

Anything else? You're not missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, you're factually wrong, what can I say.
    I mean technically he is 100% right if the game has a level cap. Once they hit cap... they made it to the end. Also I don't think the majority of people are going to keep an active sub for years to "level". Yes leveling is an experience, but it's not the main game. I sure as hell didn't keep an active sub to play Vanilla, back in the day, to level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Classic is not for you. Classic is not about level 60. Classic is about the leveling experience with your friends. You're supposed to take weeks to reach 60, if not months.
    This right here is what annoys me. Leveling is an experience, but don't shoehorn it as what classic ultimately is. Classic is and never will be about leveling. Classic is the community. I've personally given up on classic and only read the classic forums to just get the insight of peoples opinions, but when people keep saying, "Leveling IS Classic" they are just plain wrong.

Then dont play classic, its not complicated. I dont like shooter games anymore, so I dont play it. Great success.

I still chuckle at people who thing endhame is some joyfull thing to do, 15 years later endgame is and has always been a means to an end (keeping people busy till the next leveling experience).

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You're welcome to be wrong, but I was there. Classic is about leveling. The people who rushed to 60 spent the rest of their time on the forums complaining about nothing to do.

The rest of us got to level 60 with all of our skills maxed out (even unarmed on a caster). We got our reputations maxed out. We had fun exploring every nook and cranny. If you don't enjoy that, then you shouldn't be playing an RPG.

Leveling is the game. The rest is just bonus stuff to do when you've finished the game.
    I played Vanilla as well so I understand your point, but this isn't 2004 WoW/Vanilla. This is Classic and in Classic leveling is an experience. What drives people to play Classic is not leveling, but community. Running into that one guy you saw yesterday that you quested with for an elite quest or some priest that saved you with a heal. Leveling provides that experience, but ultimately that is the community. You can have just as many similar experiences at 60. I can understand your view, but leveling is not what classic is. I'm not encouraging people to rush to cap, but even if you do that's fine. Retail lost a sense of community long ago, so when people keep saying what you are saying. It just baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Yup. A very boring, grindy and shitty experience.
    As said, Classic is not for you. Many of us find it thrilling again after 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikoku View Post
    I mean technically he is 100% right if the game has a level cap. Once they hit cap... they made it to the end. Also I don't think the majority of people are going to keep an active sub for years to "level". Yes leveling is an experience, but it's not the main game. I sure as hell didn't keep an active sub to play Vanilla, back in the day, to level.
    Leveling is part of the game, it's not a "means". So he's wrong when he claims it is just that.
    It's like saying that killing the first boss in a raid is just "a mean to an end" to reach the last boss. If we follow this logic, only the last boss is actual content and everything else is filler.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I pretty much had to genoside the entire croc population of durotar for a damn locket,and also....what zebra doesnt drop hooves?I CAN SEEEE THEM! grrrrr
    It's not that they don't have hooves. It's that your inexperienced grunt character doesn't know how to kill a Zebra without destroying the hooves in the process.

Classic is not for you.

I couldn't bear leveling any more characters from 1-120 with all the levelgear available but yet, here i am in Classic leveling slow as fuck my holy priest.