Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    A gentle reminder to people with the memory of gold fish

Retail wow world first mythic race also puts wow on top with 100-150k views
    The final boss kill hours do get a ton of people on method's stream sure but not for a day or longer or anything close to what classic managed to pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    I don't remember this to ever happen before

on expansion launches it was no 1 for 1-2 days, that's how i remember it. after that the race to world 1st something kept WoW in top 5 or so.

love or hate classic, definitevly it is a good thing for the game
    It's the new hot thing right now. As soon as the viewers stop watching they will immediately flock to the next hottest game. Streamers exist to make money so they won't stick with a stagnant revenue stream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    If they released Classic+ with much tougher raids it would of been bigger for longer. The world first race ending so soon hurt the viewership
    The raids were never tough to begin with. People have been saying this for 10 years. Current raids are far more complicated and make Vanilla look like a cakewalk. The hardest part of raiding was teaching the simple fights and having 40 people stay online and connected. The raids soon to follow have some hard gear checks built into the encounters so that will be the next hurdle.

Making the fights more challenging wouldn't be recreating a "true" classic experience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Got close to 400 days played in VANILLA with an overal total of 1800+ days in WoW. I can just assume you are trolling with such a statement. Its the same game without QoL changes and minimal combat mechanical differences. I don't like hpye talk so much.
    You are either lying or being intentionally ignorant with a statement like that, lol.

Who tf watches people play classic of all games LMAO, so boring to watch. Bet all these numbers are fake

Activision Stock also up 5% today.

Quote Originally Posted by perkocet View Post
    You are either lying or being intentionally ignorant with a statement like that, lol.
    ? check post #30 and yes I really don't see any mystical differences between Classic and Retail WoW. Maybe you could try either version for more than 2 hours and come back and say what you think about the insane different game versions.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Wait for the next month till it joins Anthem.
    Anthem, ha! You see, WoW has been top 20 on twitch for over 8 years. That’s not going to change.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Enjoying classic but lets be real: most people will never make it past 29

The game will start dying off soon, hopefully people will choose the right servers to be on when that happens

Retail will take back the reigns after the next raid drops, until then: the mainstream fps games will be back on top in no time to crush classic
    Everyone knows that it will decline, what a secret.

But, tbh, I think that a lot of people will keep it as their "main alt".

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Anthem, ha! You see, WoW has been top 20 on twitch for over 8 years. That’s not going to change.
    Retail, that have content update every few months, not Classic with it's already known content an no more updated.

Retail, that have content update every few months, not Classic with it's already known content an no more updated.
    With 6 confirmed phases, probably over 2 years and tbc+ in the talks but unconfirmed, I don’t think it’ll be down there with anthem anytime soon.

Wait for the next month till it joins Anthem.
    Wonder what people came up with in 1 month if classic will hold its ground.

It started with classic will never happen and its waste of resources.

Than classic will be lucky to fill up 1 realm.

Than wait 1 week and game will be dead when people stary quiting.

So far every single classic nostradamus was wrong. Every single one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Of course WoW is number 1 on twitch.

A lot of the WoW streamers have been playing this game since it's vintage days (Vanilla-Wrath) and enjoyed the game MUCH more then than they do now. I know "why don't they just quit?"

For starters they make money, they've invested time and formed a community around them, it's not easy to give up on something you loved. I've always had a fleeting hope that Blizzard could right the ship, understand what they did to make the game inferior, and fix it. I've made more friends in a few days on Classic than I have since MoP.
    They also play expansions at launches, that's the entire point OP made :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post

The raids were never tough to begin with. People have been saying this for 10 years. Current raids are far more complicated and make Vanilla look like a cakewalk. The hardest part of raiding was teaching the simple fights and having 40 people stay online and connected. The raids soon to follow have some hard gear checks built into the encounters so that will be the next hurdle.

Making the fights more challenging wouldn't be recreating a "true" classic experience.
    Why are you replying this to me?

You don't know the "true" classic experience. 99% of people were normies who thought it was hard at the time, even if it wasn't. Therefore it is acceptable to change it to fit those memories. It's about the 'experience' right, as you put it?

Peace out boyo
    Last edited by Daffan; 2019-09-04 at 07:52 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    With 6 confirmed phases, probably over 2 years and tbc+ in the talks but unconfirmed, I don’t think it’ll be down there with anthem anytime soon.
    Pretty much.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by EnacheV View Post
    I don't remember this to ever happen before

on expansion launches it was no 1 for 1-2 days, that's how i remember it. after that the race to world 1st something kept WoW in top 5 or so.

love or hate classic, definitevly it is a good thing for the game
    If you think twitch streams matter, you are dumber than the dumbest kind in the country. Kudos to you
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    If you think twitch streams matter, you are dumber than the dumbest kind in the country. Kudos to you
    i'm sorry but I think you're the dumb one

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    i'm sorry but I think you're the dumb one
    Only matters for marketing, nothing else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Only matters for marketing, nothing else.
    that's just moving the goal posts. the original guy said it didn't matter at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    That might be true. but I wouldn't give credit to wow classic sololey.

Asmongold & sodapoppin are huge streamers to begin with and they bring out nearly more than half the views. no matter the game they play.
    And yet their viewership more than doubled with classic release. Why is it so hard to admit classic is the main reason.

Twitch metrics shows a 75% drop in viewership since launch, at the rate of decline it'll be back to regular WoW numbers by the end of the week.

It's just a bubble, will settle to normal soon.