Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is the level squish going to come with an economy squish?

Wondering if I should be saving up as much gold as I can now. Will questing and professions etc all be reduced to bring down, say, 5 million gold mount prices? Is it even possible to squish an economy like stats and lvls?

Thanks for your help guys.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt they will. Those ridiculous gold sink mounts are their solution to how they ruined the economy in WoD. If they were to do anything I could see them introducing platinum, but they’ve considered it before and decided against it since they were happy with what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Squishing gold probably will just introduce some kind of "platinum" (1000 gold).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Economy has already been squished, it rises as falls according to the amount of available gold. The prices now are less than the gold boom prices of Warlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I really doubt they will. Those ridiculous gold sink mounts are their solution to how they ruined the economy in WoD. If they were to do anything I could see them introducing platinum, but they’ve considered it before and decided against it since they were happy with what we have now.
    They are only ridiculous for someone that actually thinks they cost alot. After getting my own AH mount and realizing how usefully they were I gave my wife and our 2 teenagers that play the gold to buy themselves one for their accounts.

Lol a gold squish cant happen that way,they will never TAKE it away from you,the only way they can fix gold is by adding another currency over gold,but i dont think 1000g is enough,maybe 1m per platinum or whatever

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will not take gold out of the economy.

And even then Blizz literally cannot fix the economy unless they remove the ability to set your own AH prices.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    An Economy is moved and guided by the people that use it, its impossible to squish.

In a game the only thing that can be Squished are making alot of Gold sinks... since everytime a played spend gold on a vendor... that Gold gets Deleted from the "Player Economy"

The best blizzard can do is to lower the gold people get from Quests and World quests keeping all of the Expensive mounts as gold sinks... that way its harder to get gold and those that have to much use it on Sinks that Delete that Gold from the Gaming economy.
    If they do this over lets say 1 or 2 expansions... we will get back to see that gold are worth more.

Many will cry because of this... but in an Economy there will always be Poor and rich people... since some people are lazy and others want to get rich, so having Crazy high gold prices on mounts are more then ok...

Think about it like this --- the More the rich Gamers spend on Gold Sinks... the more your "Poor" gold is worth... since less gold on the market makes every Gold coin worth more.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    They are only ridiculous for someone that actually thinks they cost alot. After getting my own AH mount and realizing how usefully they were I gave my wife and our 2 teenagers that play the gold to buy themselves one for their accounts.
    I’m glad you have gold to burn.

Sigh

Even if there is a squish, saving or not saving anything right now won't make a difference. Squish wouldn't mean that you would lose actual gold or gain in relation to the prices being lowered, just that the unnecessary noise in big numbers would be reduced. So if there really were to be a "gold squish", then every single gold piece, and rewards from all sources, would be halved (for example), but that won't happen as it will introduce too much confusion.

Just like level squish or stat squish does not mean you are losing something. We were doing 2 mil dps in Legion, now we're doing 30-40k. Are we doing less dps? In numbers only, if you go to Emeral Dream you will be able to solo it despite doing like 1% of the "old dps", that's because everything was scaled down, not just you.

It's amazing how such simple concepts can be so universally misunderstood.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-08-08 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Squishing gold probably will just introduce some kind of "platinum" (1000 gold).
    Given that it's 100c=1s/100s=1g, it would more likely be 100g=1p, not 1000g.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Wondering if I should be saving up as much gold as I can now. Will questing and professions etc all be reduced to bring down, say, 5 million gold mount prices? Is it even possible to squish an economy like stats and lvls?

Thanks for your help guys.
    The sell gold to people, as a result there is no way they can alter the amount of gold people currently have. If the token wasn't a thing maybe, since it is no way. More over what would be the benefit of doing this? Why would it be worth opening the cluster fuck can of worms it would create?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If they would squish the economy it wouldn't matter anyway. Just like a level or stat squish it only changes the numbers that are shown.
    Blizzard has done some questionable things over the years, but i doubt they will ever start deleting gold from players.

Just decrease artificial gold value from "the game" (mob loot/Q rewards) and increase spendings gradually from xpac to xpac and give an incentive for multi-millionaires to spend 80-90% of their gold for sinks.

Actually they could. Divide absolutely every single monetary number that exists in a game by 100 and done. Including players gold, wowtoken prices etc, money on mailbox.

Squish will come with 16 months of broken shit until you out gear it like every other squish..

i can't even think of how a eco squish would happen without completely destroying the markets and the economy in the process. making platinum isn't really a squish as it adds a 4th currency instead of squishing the numbers. if you actually take away gold from people, they'll riot. i don't see a solution that would actually fix the "issue".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    suddle gold flex, weird but ok

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that will be necessary maybe adding more gold sinks will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kurama View Post
    I don't think that will be necessary maybe adding more gold sinks will be enough.
    I completely agree