Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    No worries. I haven't leveled it yet, but the community cooked up such a storm about it that i was surprised to see the comment.
    Well it really depends what you want to use it for. I'm sure mundra lag makes it hard to use in savage raids, but I love the class fantasy and how the design reflects this. And the unique gameplay of ninjutsu. For leveling it is loads of fun. At least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    All the extreme trials drop mounts (50 drops horses, 60 drops birds, 70 wolves (?)) - Trials are single boss encounters (you will see them as part of your MSQ).

Raids are a bit different than in WoW though. Basically you have:

Trials - single boss, no trash
    Raids - come always in 3 or 4 parts, consisting of 1 boss and a little bit of trash before - 8 Players
    Alliance Raids - 4 Bosses, Trash, 3 groups a 8 player (24 in total)

All these are pugable, and even have a queue. So if you can queue, just do it, people are normally very friendly, and i haven't had a group disbanding up untill now.

For Trials and Raids there are hard versions. In the current (80) endgame, you can queue for extreme trials, but for savage raid (the hard version of the current raid) there is no queue.

So apart form the savage raid you can queue for everything else, and frankly, just try it - personally i think it's a lot of fun.

If you start tanking, you can do the role quests again (in the inn) starting at around lvl 20 - they give you great tanking gear you wont switch until lvl 40 ~.

Pro Tip: Join a Free Company, and if they're a nice company (like mine), you will have a permament 10% combat xp bonus and 30% reduced teleport costs (which amounts to a lot of gil quickly)
    Thanks! I tried tanking a few dungeons as well as dps many more. I'll most likely sub this or next week. Im unable to join a FC yet on a free trial. I have 35 drg/Glad so far...working on puglist. Game seems pretty cool so far. *From a wow player, its a breath of fresh air* FF doesnt have world chat and players don't tend to talk in groups *at least on the JPN server* groups are much friendlier than WoW groups. Players in wow groups can be utter d**s.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Thanks! I tried tanking a few dungeons as well as dps many more. I'll most likely sub this or next week. Im unable to join a FC yet on a free trial. I have 35 drg/Glad so far...working on puglist. Game seems pretty cool so far. *From a wow player, its a breath of fresh air* FF doesnt have world chat and players don't tend to talk in groups *at least on the JPN server* groups are much friendlier than WoW groups. Players in wow groups can be utter d**s.
    I've leveled a tank up to 80. Ran a lot of dungeons. People are friendly most of the time, especially if i told them it is my first time in the respective dungeons. Though from time to time you will find some toxic people. Yesterday when doing the 80 daily dungeon (as DD) i had a tank and a healer who were constantly flaming each other - i just ignored them.

So the community is not 100% friendly, but it seems very open to "noobs". Especially in max level dungeons it is the same rush mentality as in WoW. Not that i heard "GoGoGO", but it is expected to execute wall to wall pulls. Anyway - you have a fast queue as a tank and can get rich on max level as you can farm the high level materia easily.

I've leveled a tank up to 80. Ran a lot of dungeons. People are friendly most of the time, especially if i told them it is my first time in the respective dungeons. Though from time to time you will find some toxic people. Yesterday when doing the 80 daily dungeon (as DD) i had a tank and a healer who were constantly flaming each other - i just ignored them.

So the community is not 100% friendly, but it seems very open to "noobs". Especially in max level dungeons it is the same rush mentality as in WoW. Not that i heard "GoGoGO", but it is expected to execute wall to wall pulls. Anyway - you have a fast queue as a tank and can get rich on max level as you can farm the high level materia easily.
    what do you mean get rich on max lvl/ farm high lvl materia? I'm still in the noob phase of this game, i have no idea what that means. lol
    Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    what do you mean get rich on max lvl/ farm high lvl materia? I'm still in the noob phase of this game, i have no idea what that means. lol
    Sorry.
    You can put materia in your gear (like gemming in WoW) - and these materias can be easily farmed when playing a tank as the leveling queue is always looking for tanks. If the bonus is active you get two Materia VII (worth ~ 10k/each) and one Materia VIII (worth ~ 50k). The prices are, of course, for my server

You can put materia in your gear (like gemming in WoW) - and these materias can be easily farmed when playing a tank as the leveling queue is always looking for tanks. If the bonus is active you get two Materia VII (worth ~ 10k/each) and one Materia VIII (worth ~ 50k). The prices are, of course, for my server
    Ahh...those green circles in the gear name mean materia/gem slots? Gotcha!
    I have several pieces with materia slots. Are they worth putting matera in them at low lvls and how does one *obtain* at lower lvls *pre-35*?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh...those green circles in the gear name mean materia/gem slots? Gotcha!
    I have several pieces with materia slots. Are they worth putting matera in them at low lvls and how does one *obtain* at lower lvls *pre-35*?
    I honestly wouldn't bother with them pre-80. Before that you switch your gear just too often. In my opinion it doesn't really matter, as all classes have ranges where they're stronger/weaker, and materia doesn't make a huge difference there.

One thing to know:

At level 80 you get Materia VII and Materia VIII. Materia VIII is the strongest, but VI (best materia before shadowbringer) is stronger than VII. As the cost is the same in the AH, i strongly suggest to get some Materia VI (if you don't want to take VIII immediatley) and sell any VII - the only real reason to use VII is for overcharging crafted gear, which you probably wont do anyway.

Another reason to use Materia VI is that you can retrieve Materia from your gear, with a fixed percentage of success. For Materia VIII you have a 40% chance to retrieve, for VII it is 80%, but for VI it is 100% - meaning you can re-use your VI materia without ever destroying it.