Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sylvanas with the shadows of Nzoth under her?

Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    FUCK Sylvanas
    she wouldnt touch you with a ten foot pole

Sylvannas is ugly as shit whyd they draw her so god damn hideous?

So no hidden message on this art?

There won't be a D4 anytime soon, they already announced their plans for D3 with the continuation of themed seasons and even a whole new set for each class.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Raynor and Kerrigan are gone. I assume the stuff in the art is all relevant to things going forward. Egon is still around and addicted to Terrazine, which seems important in game.
    Think its partially due to Egon being one of the newer released Co-op commanders. I believe co-op is still relatively (considering SC2 popularity). Hope to see them actually do something new with the SC 2 IP, a mobile game would be fine imo, people aren't pining for SC3 like they were for D4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So, no new games...

This is what depressing me about wow classic, the popularity shows people are yearning for blizzard to deliver something people don't currently have...

...worst are the people who are directly against new games "then it would invalidate everything i have done in the current game!"...yeah, but u could still play the old game...
    People like that are why we can't have good things...

If they had been like that when Warcraft 2 came out, we would never have gotten Warcraft 3, or WoW...oh, look! they are making remake of WC3 instead of giving us a WC4!...

and what is it with all the nay-sayers that mmo's aren't popular anymore? Just look at the numbers of people flocking to wow classic, and the people watching on twitch...
    TBH new games need to be a surprise. No point showing them on this. It would be like having this a few months before Overwatch was announced with Tracer front and centre on the logo when you want to surprise people.

(Not saying they'll be new IP or games, but best not to blow the load before Blizzcon. Especially when the fan base would rather listen to "OMG THIS IS TOTALLY HAPPENING AT BLIZZCON!!!" by kotaku/polygon etc instead of your own official tweets of "No it's not happening, don't come here expecting it." that blizzard did for months over D4 rumours.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Let’s see
    Tracer, makes sense
    Barbarian, looks like the one from the phone game
    Mecha-Tyrael(?), mechastorm was their last event I guess
    Sylvanas, no shit it’s her
    Hearthstone, aka the money printer
    Egon , last coop hero odd but fun
    Looks to be a humdrum year if we are going only off the key art.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Sylvannas is ugly as shit whyd they draw her so god damn hideous?
    Because she's an undead corpse and for once looks menacing, as she should? Won't fix the writing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I'm sorry - did you call me a perpetual victim, because I don't trust Activision-Blizzard anymore? Are you sure you're not projecting?
    Nope, certain I reacted to your hyperbole, which you're not alone with for sure.
    My point stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    *Speculation*
    Overwatch 2
    Diablo 4
    HOTS (New char)
    SC (new stuff)
    WoW (new expan sylvanis looks depressed)
    Hearthstone (new expan/cards)

Might be a decent Blizzcon for trailers.
    Here's hoping! Well, the new expansion reveal for WoW is a guarantee, but Diablo 4 man...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    The Jaina one looked like a Disney cartoon out of Frozen.
    You're saying that as if she hasn't always been Disney Princess-esque. BfA just made it more obvious by making her look like Elsa with a bad attitude.

And Saurfang: well Blizz seems to have a weakness for genocidal maniacs.
    Fair, but my point was if putting Sylvanas on this year's commemorative art means they're obsessed with her then they're obsessed with Saurfang and Jaina too (as well as whoever else they might put on the commemorative art).

Besides, Blizzard might love Sylvanas, but they love honorable(™) orcs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootsbum View Post
    Sylvanas with the shadows of Nzoth under her?

Hmmm.
    Could be...could also just be her Banshee smoke form like what was in the trailer for BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Let’s see
    Tracer, makes sense
    Barbarian, looks like the one from the phone game
    Mecha-Tyrael(?), mechastorm was their last event I guess
    Sylvanas, no shit it’s her
    Hearthstone, aka the money printer
    Egon , last coop hero odd but fun
    Looks to be a humdrum year if we are going only off the key art.
    Barbarian looks like it could either be the Immortal or 3 version.
    I think the main thing is they just picked representatives from each game, not so much as what to expect going forward. Just a “we have news about these games, here’s some familiar faces!” If they had put Raynor or Kerrigan, who I’ve read are done in the game at this point, people would expect something with them and not just a Starcraft update with putting the guy in there they have.
    Tracer is just a common face or Overwatch, much like the Barbarian from Diablo.
    The NE from Hearthstone is probably the same thing as Starcraft, with Blizzard not wanting to put in a prominent well known character for fear of people reading into some new Warcraft reveal.
    As far as Tyrael? Maybe just a “look, we still have HotS. Don’t forget that!”

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Fair, but my point was if putting Sylvanas on this year's commemorative art means they're obsessed with her then they're obsessed with Saurfang and Jaina too (as well as whoever else they might put on the commemorative art).

Besides, Blizzard might love Sylvanas, but they love honorable(™) orcs more.
    I mean, she's a frikkin mass murderer with no concience whatsoever. Why is everyone so keen on glorifying psychopaths nowadays? I just don't get it. There's nothing "morally grey" about Sylvanas. She's not a "misunderstood" hero.

It's funny how Blizz is complaining about the "toxic" playerbase while encouraging the kids to be hyped for utter assholes.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-09-08 at 08:25 AM.

I guess that gives more credence to the idea of a Sylvanas fan-wank expansion comming up next, eh? /sigh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    It's funny how Blizz is complaining about the "toxic" playerbase while encouraging the kids to be hyped for utter assholes.
    Blizzard encouraged tribalism and "toxicity" with their constant hyping of the 2 factions for years, nothing new here really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Do you seriously expect them to reveal new games via the key art, nearly two full months before Blizzcon?

Expectations are that they'll announce, at the least, a new Overwatch game, Diablo IV, and a new WoW expansion.
    I expect Diablo announcement will be that it's coming to PC after all. Cuz you guys don't have smart phones ...

WoW expansion is a must at this point, if not for anything else, because Activision demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Seems I´m not up to date with Blizzards other games at all when the only character I know of is Sylvanas.
    Come on, the barbarian is a classic character as is fucking and obnoxious tracer, those are all over the internet.

Shit like some scientist of a dead game, an obscure Tyrael skin in a an even deader game or some bs heartstone charcter I can get though, I had no idea who those were either.

Not really caring about the wow announcement if its what was leaked about the shadowlands. Starcraft looks interesting , maybe they decided to finally released the mmo version. Overwatch announcement will probably focus more on the switch and maybe your phone .=P Diablo might be added to more systems if not announcing a new expansion since they aren't ready for diablo4 yet. Or they could be releasing like a nova corps thing for diablo with a little bit of new content.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    So no hidden message on this art?
    Sylvanas wrapped on shadows.

This more or less confirms that Slyvannas will play a leading role in 9.0.

I'm going to place a bet on death based expansion. Theres certainly enough material there!

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    This more or less confirms that Slyvannas will play a leading role in 9.0.

I'm going to place a bet on death based expansion. Theres certainly enough material there!
    Yeah, seems like it. I like the thought of it as well