Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    So you want veteran rewards? Like in Final Fantasy XIV?
    Is there a thread you don't bring up FF XIV in? Every time I see your picture, I know exactly what direction you're going to shift the conversation to.

I'm kinda afraid this will result in a massive bot wave.

Most people don't use bots because risking their main account is not worth it and paying for a new account that might/might not get banned just to cheat isn't too plausible either, but...

Since you will be paying a year sub for a burner account anyway... Might as well set up gold farming bots on them to get some of that euros back lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Off the top of my head, if you've been playing since Vanilla then:

Probably some level of Vanilla PvP title on your primary characters.
    Olympic tabard
    Olympic dragon pet
    Battle-pot pet
    Potentially Vanilla/BC transmog and mounts that are now exclusive to veteran players (see: ZG/ZA, Cata revamp removed items)
    Potentially any of the other removed content (CM phoenixes and armor, Glad mounts, Ahead of the curve and removed meta proto drakes)
    A polar bear cub pet
    An Onyxian whelp pet
    A molten corgi pet
    A corehound mount
    Naxx/Wrath launch event reskin transmog
    A Haunted memento
    Probably a Hearthsteed (literally all you had to do was play some hearthstone for free)
    Alliance/Horde themed fireworks (Theramore)
    Theramore toy
    Alliance/Horde weapon transmogs from the warcraft movie
    A cape and toy for Gnomeregan/Dark Spear
    An illidari tabard
    fel-spreader toy
    If you've done the anual pass events (why wouldn't you if you're playing anyway):
    A free copy of Diablo 3
    Tyrael's Charger
    None of which is based on sub time, you could sub for under a year and have gotten most of that had you done it at those times. What they are talking about are sub rewards like the rof. Ffxiv does this via different transmog sets you get every three months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Is this stuff people really care about? Another worthless pet to go with the 100+ all veteran players have. Another 2 seater mount to go with the other handful we all have. A title to go with the other 50 we all have. I'll admit the weapon enchant is at least something interesting. The tabard to go with the other 100 we all have. Oh boy another 2 seater mount. A backpack for something, honestly have no idea why anyone would give a shit about that. And some ugly transmog gear. Fantastic.

The only thing of value is the game time, and I guess it'd be cool if Blizzard gave veteran players some free game time but like... Why would they do that? Veteran players are still paying them, so I don't think it really makes sense to give people free time. But if you cancel your sub you'll get a free week every so often to incentivize you to come back, so that's something.
    Its rare treasure. The rarest of the rarest.
    And we all know how a typical MMO player reacts to rare treasure.

The person who will get it the "intended way" will only have access to it 12 months AFTER he introduces the "friend" to the game.
    Because no normal person "tries" a new game with a 12 month sub.

A whale will get it on day 1.

Only whales and very rare people who got it the intended way (12 months from now) will have this.

Edit: Maybe less than 12 months if he manages to get multiple "friends" to play.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    None of which is based on sub time, you could sub for under a year and have gotten most of that had you done it at those times. What they are talking about are sub rewards like the rof. Ffxiv does this via different transmog sets you get every three months.
    A free copy of Diablo 3, and three free mounts are 100% based on sub time, so I mean... No.

Over the years I've earned...
    Titles such as "Champion of the Naaru," "The Undying," and "of the Black Harvest."
    Armor sets from MoP Challenge Modes.
    Weapon skins and druid forms from the Mage Tower
    Mounts like the Grove Warden, Core Hound, and Undercity Plaguebat.

These are all things that cannot be earned anymore. It's OK if Blizzard wants to incentivize new players, a healthy thing for any game.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Yeah, fuck Blizzard for being a company that likes to be profitable? Lol.
    They had way more subscribers back when they didn't treat their existing customers like shit. But then came the era of store mounts, character boosts and scummy practices lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    They had way more subscribers back when they didn't treat their existing customers like shit. But then came the era of store mounts, character boosts and scummy practices lol.
    Bro, RAF has been around since before WotLK was launched. And unless you can quantify every single player who has either resubscribed or left in the last 11 years (hint: you can't), there's no point in trying to compare now to then. There's plenty of shit you can give Blizzard about their business practices but bitching about RAF rewards just makes you look like an entitled crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    You know what i want? the Challenge Transmog set from pandaria or the motorcycle that i couldnt get because i didnt played in those timelines or played super casually.
    Just go buy the Alliance one, dude. (Unless it was removed in BFA, idk)
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Bro, RAF has been around since before WotLK was launched. And unless you can quantify every single player who has either resubscribed or left in the last 11 years (hint: you can't), there's no point in trying to compare now to then. There's plenty of shit you can give Blizzard about their business practices but bitching about RAF rewards just makes you look like an entitled crybaby.
    Are you being purposely naive? You usually sound like a smart poster in a lot of our interactions...but i think you may be wrong on this one.
    I think this system is mentally abusive in giving hopes of getting rare treasure in a MMORPG.

Remember the "Forced Scarcity" tactic on the shop a while ago? Well...this is the same thing.

I have points for you to reconsider

1) The quality of the rewards is too big, to the point that its obvious MANY people will create new accounts to get this exclusive rewards
    2) Its a 100 or 200 dollar transmog for the whales.
    3) Its abusive in giving "hope" for the reward if you manage to recruit a friend and he starts thinking about quitting...one may even resort to paying the "friends" sub in order to get the rewards
    4) If this items were on the shop sold seperately, i would agree with you @otaXephon, this would 100% genuine cool stuff.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Are you being purposely naive? You usually sound like a smart poster in a lot of our interactions...but i think you may be wrong on this one.
    I think this system is mentally abusive in giving hopes of getting rare treasure in a MMORPG.

Remember the "Forced Scarcity" tactic on the shop a while ago? Well...this is the same thing.
    Mentally abusive? Dafuq...? This is purely to generate new players for the game. You are greatly exaggerating the negative consequences of an offer like this. Will there be a few hopelessly rich assclowns circlejerking themselves into the stratosphere to get these rewards early? Sure. But I doubt it'll be many. And even then, is it really Blizzard's fault?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex Major View Post
    Just go buy the Alliance one, dude. (Unless it was removed in BFA, idk)
    It wasn't. But it also doesn't give you the horde one.

Love how Horde "won" but can't get their mounts while alliance still can

Probably will make more pack backs now after this. Relax

Mentally abusive? Dafuq...? This is purely to generate new players for the game. You are greatly exaggerating the negative consequences of an offer like this. Will there be a few hopelessly rich assclowns circlejerking themselves into the stratosphere to get these rewards early? Sure. But I doubt it'll be many. And even then, is it really Blizzard's fault?
    I personally think its abusive in this scenario:

Because, imagine, you persuade a "friend" to play WoW. Right of the bat, you are doing something you WOULDNT do if it wasnt for the rewards.
    Step 2
    Enter the code of your friend and enter the RAF system. By the second time, you are commited to this rewards...your mind is already set for them.

Possible step 3
    8 Months after your friend tries WoW he starts reconsidering quitting. What now? You volunteer to pay his sub...because you are already commited mentaly for this rewards. And you already waited 8 months...
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-09-11 at 07:54 AM.

People that whine for this is the typical ASMon fan that will agree blindly to what he says.

If you view it like this you deserve to be flown to the sun

10+ Year Old Account
    I generally like R-a-F but what's with the awkward timing. All my friends I could have recruited actually came back for Classic, so the only way to obtain the rewards right now is to recruit myself on a new account. I have the gold to pay for 12 months but... it feels like a wasted opportunity..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    You went a couple pages back to reply since you got offended by it ,so yeah people bitch about anything
    Nope, started back from when I left the thread last.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Is this stuff people really care about? Another worthless pet to go with the 100+ all veteran players have. Another 2 seater mount to go with the other handful we all have. A title to go with the other 50 we all have. I'll admit the weapon enchant is at least something interesting. The tabard to go with the other 100 we all have. Oh boy another 2 seater mount. A backpack for something, honestly have no idea why anyone would give a shit about that. And some ugly transmog gear. Fantastic.

The only thing of value is the game time, and I guess it'd be cool if Blizzard gave veteran players some free game time but like... Why would they do that? Veteran players are still paying them, so I don't think it really makes sense to give people free time. But if you cancel your sub you'll get a free week every so often to incentivize you to come back, so that's something.
    Then you clearly aren't part of all the game's aspects. Problem is, rewards before felt more disconnected and was limited. Now they dump rewards that has been requested, and the rewards has more effort put into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'm kinda afraid this will result in a massive bot wave.

Most people don't use bots because risking their main account is not worth it and paying for a new account that might/might not get banned just to cheat isn't too plausible either, but...

Since you will be paying a year sub for a burner account anyway... Might as well set up gold farming bots on them to get some of that euros back lol.
    Just need 1.980.000 million cold.. (the first month has to be paid outside the game).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    People that whine for this is the typical ASMon fan that will agree blindly to what he says.

If you view it like this you deserve to be flown to the sun
    Eh, can't stand Asmon. He's done his shit, disappeared, returned to do it again, and he'll disappear again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyBG View Post
    I generally like R-a-F but what's with the awkward timing. All my friends I could have recruited actually came back for Classic, so the only way to obtain the rewards right now is to recruit myself on a new account. I have the gold to pay for 12 months but... it feels like a wasted opportunity..
    The point is to encourage and reward you for bringing new/old people to the game, not to give you a bunch of free stuff for sending a link to people who were going to play classic anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    You know what i want? the Challenge Transmog set from pandaria or the motorcycle that i couldnt get because i didnt played in those timelines or played super casually.
    Completed the CM on a hunter back in MoP, regret not level up every damn class and do it on all of them. Haven't touched my hunter since early WoD, and so wish I had that damn set on one of the classes I play now. Same with PvP Elite sets. Got the sets spread out on different classes over the years, as I hate playing the same class every expansion.

While people can just go back and farm their Mythic raiding sets whenever they want :shrug: (The CM set I kinda understand though, but it sucks)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noct View Post
    Over the years I've earned...
    Titles such as "Champion of the Naaru," "The Undying," and "of the Black Harvest."
    Armor sets from MoP Challenge Modes.
    Weapon skins and druid forms from the Mage Tower
    Mounts like the Grove Warden, Core Hound, and Undercity Plaguebat.

These are all things that cannot be earned anymore. It's OK if Blizzard wants to incentivize new players, a healthy thing for any game.
    In blizzards system, i should remove my sub once in awhile to get rewards that I dont automatically get with a continous sub model. I'm down with a system that if someone new or existing GUARANTEES to be a 12 months subscriber and get a mount, I get that same mount after 12 months. I'd be ok with that. God knows any continuous subscriber deserves those mounts and more because we sticked around with the god-awful game mechanics all these years.
    This cat scratches free.