View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    The big question for the cons is if they can't avoid an extension and they can't crash out on schedule how bad does the brexit party explode to split their membership. Right now the leave faction is more or less under the conservative banner but if it fails yet again to accomplish that the brexit party could wind up eating a lot of it's support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    it is also important to remember that Scottish law and English law, although similar, are not the same
    No no, I get that. I'm mostly asking, we've seen Scotland and Brexit at odds before. Is this a further sign they'll grab their kilts and flee to the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The big question for the cons is if they can't avoid an extension and they can't crash out on schedule how bad does the brexit party explode to split their membership. Right now the leave faction is more or less under the conservative banner but if it fails yet again to accomplish that the brexit party could wind up eating a lot of it's support.
    It will depend on whether or not Johnson can convince them that he is doing everything in his power to deliver Brexit but is being held back the remain leaning establishment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No no, I get that. I'm mostly asking, we've seen Scotland and Brexit at odds before. Is this a further sign they'll grab their kilts and flee to the EU?
    No. This is a Scottish Court ruling based on Scottish law and is politically neutral. Also don't forget that today's ruling was an appeal which overturned the earlier ruling that Johnson had not broken the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Some balance to the poll I linked earlier;

'Tonight's @ComRes poll for @Telegraph wd leave Tories 32 seats short of majority - Con 294, Lab 260, LD 38, SNP 36, Brex 0, PC 3, Grn 1'

https://twitter.com/Andrew_ComRes/st...30045896019974

Frit! Nothing is straight forward with British politics.
    Last edited by Pann; 2019-09-11 at 03:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Coming back to this, it has a lot to do with it. In spite of the overrepresentation to prevent it, since MPs are supposed to represent their constituencies; a lot of the higher ranked party members come from the same schools and universities as each other and develop the same London-centric view of the UK. That view is self reinforcing and it becomes self fulfilling.

It’s not just Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales that suffer. It’s exactly why the rest of the UK resents London and feels abandoned; and why those self same people enforcing London-centrism have spent 30 years blaming the EU for it.

Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham haven’t failed to notice the billions ploughed into them from the European Regional Development Scheme however, nor have Northern Ireland and Scotland; and that’s why they voted Remain. Sadly other parts of the UK haven’t benefited quite as much or as obviously.
    I am talking about veto powers not representation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly worrying for people of the non-leave persuasion.

'General Election Nowcast:

CON: 326 (+9), 32.1% (-11.4)
    LAB: 211 (-51), 25.6% (-15.4)
    SNP: 51 (+16), 3.6% (+0.5)
    LDM: 39 (+27), 18.1% (+10.5)

CON Majority of 10.

See graphics for full results.
    Changes w/ GE2017.'

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/s...39696589340673

I wonder what affect today's ruling will have?
    Damn if that doesn't make the case for destruction of FPTP then I don't know what does and if LD and others pick up on this when they come back they need to pounce on it whenever Bojo tries to call it will of the people.

- - - Updated - - -

Although I do wonder if a this reply might hurt Johnson in the courts in regards to how parliament was shut down.

https://twitter.com/mikegalsworthy/s...11282044649472

Pretty much admitting it was because of Brexit in the reply to the petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49665789

Well we can put that hypothetical alliance to bed. Conservatives determined to go it alone at the next election.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, dunno if this gem of an admission was posted but: https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...ts-will-not-be

Leadsom says they won't publish yellowhammer, as it might scare people. Then compares it to her being run over.

I know one of those two scenarios wouldn't scare me at all.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Yes, I've seen that interview with Leadsom. She's quite unlikeable, isn't she?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    And yet still she isn't the worst person on the Conservative benches.

But didn't you know she pushed out a child. That makes her smarter than every single one of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    We have to remember that a poll on who they vote for is not a poll on leave/remain. However that will not stop Bojo using it to force a no deal through.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    We have to remember that a poll on who they vote for is not a poll on leave/remain. However that will not stop Bojo using it to force a no deal through.
    Fact is Bojo is going to use "My 32% of the vote giving 50%+ of parliament is undeniable proof the majority of the country love me and my way." approach if the poll posted by Pan would be the one that was right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49665789

Well we can put that hypothetical alliance to bed. Conservatives determined to go it alone at the next election.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, dunno if this gem of an admission was posted but: https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk...ts-will-not-be

Leadsom says they won't publish yellowhammer, as it might scare people. Then compares it to her being run over.

I know one of those two scenarios wouldn't scare me at all.
    Refusing to release these documents seems to be a tacit admission that the effects of a No Deal Brexit would be far more catastrophic for the UK than the Brexiteers are trying to insist it won't be.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Slightly worrying for people of the non-leave persuasion.

[I]'General Election Nowcast:

CON: 326 (+9), 32.1% (-11.4)
    LAB: 211 (-51), 25.6% (-15.4)
    SNP: 51 (+16), 3.6% (+0.5)
    LDM: 39 (+27), 18.1% (+10.5)

CON Majority of 10.
    A projected Conservative majority on the back of not even a third of the vote. There's your will of the fucking people.

The sooner that FPTP is killed off, the sooner we will get to the point where we can have closer to grown up politics. What we have at the moment is farcical.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    A projected Conservative majority on the back of not even a third of the vote. There's your will of the fucking people.

The sooner that FPTP is killed off, the sooner we will get to the point where we can have closer to grown up politics. What we have at the moment is farcical.
    Insert spin on public rejected change when in reality the public saw through the shitty FPTP and FPTP+ offer that was given and many boycotted out of disgust.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Wouldnt those same people who get more than 50% of the seats with less than a third of the votes have to support such a change for it to happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/TelePolitics/sta...344178689?s=20

Nigel Farage is the Brexit Icarus. Here's how he can see us fly out of the EU to freedom
    Someone needs to tell the Torygraph the story of Icarus....It is a vert apt analogy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    They call her Andrea "As A Mother" Leadsom for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    They call her Andrea "As A Mother" Leadsom for a reason.
    Every time she says that I'm reminded of the Bill Bailey joke about how it's a euphemism for "talking out of my arse."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Every time she says that I'm reminded of the Bill Bailey joke about how it's a euphemism for "talking out of my arse."
    Given her obsession with announcing her motherhood she's certainly talking out of something, alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.