Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Did you even pay attention to the cinematic at the end of EP? Azshara isn't dead.
    At the beginning, and end, she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    People seem to be making a number of narrative leaps in response to a model - it may or may not even see the light of day.
    Probably cause Blizzard is still going that way and spending resources on it, even after players already voiced what they think about the whole undead nights elves thing.

Oh no. Another crime against nelfs.

Oh no. Oh no.

I better jump in that bandwagon.

Oh no.

On other news - Forsaken being possibly reinvented by no one's request! Pro Alliance character likely shoehorned in. Barely anyone mentions it.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I got nothing. I only play Warcraft for the NEs and i'm totally down the "why bother" route. Kind of waiting this one out just to see the end. If they are actually raising priestesses then... well I got nothing left but goodbye they are dismissing the last little unique tie that made me fall in love with the race. Admittedly that was already strained with Sira, like seriously a Warden? but an actual member of the sisterhood is just too far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    Oh good, they're still running with this travesty.

Wonder how they'll shit on night elves next?
    I don't see what the problem is. It's an NPC and it's not like Undead NE don't already exist.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Here you are:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/59P81vl.png[IMG]
    A depressing lack of shoes for someone who's outfit is 8 pairs of shoes it seems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. It's an NPC and it's not like Undead NE don't already exist.
    Now there are even more of them, that's the problem.

Formerly known as Arafal

This is interesting. I don't know what purpose this undead night elf will serve, I'm interested though. Also, if this signifies some future allied race of undead elves, I pray the devs just lop the undead night elves, san'layn, and undead high elves into a single allied race. Of course this may have nothing to do with allied races, but these kind of datamines always enhance the allied race debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I was willing to ignore that the Night Elves:

Lost Teldrassil
    Lost their homeland
    Were genocided
    Killed by vampires
    Were sent on a suicide mission in Zuldazar
    Watch Sadfang get pardoned by Anduin and enjoy movie quality cinematics based on their tragedy
    Watch their two strongest heros get bitch slapped by Sylvanas's fuckboy
    Were left out of the confrontation with their archenemy Azshara
    And have their sentinel glaives restricted to demon hunters

IF they stopped and went no further with the undead Night Elves turned Sylvanas worshippers cringefest. If they are going ahead with this garbage, count me out of the next expansion. After bfa, do they really want to piss off and lose more players?

Only people who play Nelf or are lore ignorant think the Night Elf are some noble race of great people. They in fact tried to murder countless other races for being different than them...Compared to most races the Nelf are the highest class trash in the world. Don't think because Malfurion and Tyrande are noble that the entire race or their history is noble at all.

If the game was in anyway proper Undead would be able to be any race except Pandaren who wasn't victim to the scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Now there are even more of them, that's the problem.
    Why exactly is it a problem? They already exist in the lore.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I imagine somewhere in blizzard HW, this happened.

"People keep complaining that night elves aren't cool anymore. What can we do to make them cool? You know what's cool? The horde! And more specifically, Sylvanas! People like Sylvanas! So we'll kill a bunch of night elves and make them undead for the horde! That will get people excited for night elves again!'

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Only people who play Nelf or are lore ignorant think the Night Elf are some noble race of great people.
    What does this have to do with what you quoted? It listed all the abuse Night Elves had to endure this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Only people who play Nelf or are lore ignorant think the Night Elf are some noble race of great people. They in fact tried to murder countless other races for being different than them...Compared to most races the Nelf are the highest class trash in the world. Don't think because Malfurion and Tyrande are noble that the entire race or their history is noble at all.

If the game was in anyway proper Undead would be able to be any race except Pandaren who wasn't victim to the scourge.
    Races such as....?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    She is the moon. Tauren Paladins worship the sun aka the light aka oposite the moon. Her avatar is the Night Warrior. According to lore the night warrior helps guide souls to Elune. She is known by Night Elves, Tauren and even Dark Trolls (So likely Zandalari as well). More or less everyone else is Titanforged. So she is kinda the godess of everyone.
    Many wild gods are also know for many races and they are still minor gods. The night warrior didn't do much against Nathanos and 2 Val'kyrs. Besides we need more feats from her and the star thing with Ysera(if you think to brought it up) could had been done by Eonar for all we know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly is it a problem? They already exist in the lore.
    And they and their motivations are god damn terrible.

Which is the problem.

Formerly known as Arafal

And they and their motivations are god damn terrible.

Which is the problem.
    You're not really explaining yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    could had been done by Eonar for all we know.
    Eonar was on Argus getting tortured, which is god knows how many light years away.

Besides, Blizzard themselves confirmed it was Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not really explaining yourself.
    I fucking hate undead night elves, alright?

Their existence on itself isn't what's bothering me, but the way they have been handled doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Sylvanas destroyed their home and people yet the moment they got raised, they join her without question because "they doubt Elune" or whatever.

Completely ignoring Tyrandes ascension and Elune literally turning black.
    As night elves they should know what that means.

Formerly known as Arafal

Eonar was on Argus getting tortured, which is god knows how many light years away.

Besides, Blizzard themselves confirmed it was Elune.

She was in another planet hidding from the Legion, the rest of the pantheon were being tortured in Argus. Also source of that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    She was in another planet hidding from the Legion, the rest of the pantheon were being tortured in Argus.
    You are right, i forgot about her being a special encounter.

Nonetheless, she was still in some random ass corner in the universe not being anywhere near Azeroth.

Also source of that statement?
    In the video about cinematography from Blizzcon 2016.

Formerly known as Arafal

I fucking hate undead night elves, alright?

Their existence on itself isn't what's bothering me, but the way they have been handled doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Sylvanas destroyed their home and people yet the moment they got raised, they join her without question because "they doubt Elune" or whatever.

Completely ignoring Tyrandes ascension and Elune literally turning black.
    As night elves they should know what that means.
    I mean, they're Undead now...why do you think they would act like they did when they were alive? Pretty well established that becoming undead really changes one's perspective on a lot of things.

Seems to me you're entire argument for them being a "problem" is that you just don't like it.