Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Absolutely nothing undead about her. Much like 90% of the Allied Races, literally a different skin tone.

So sad.
    Nah, its just elves. Blizz still needs to make sure players want to bang them.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    More shitting on nelves incoming. Thanks, Blizz, I guess
    But but but you got back at the Forsaken. When Tyrande gathered all her Night Warrior powers to kill one fucking valkyr and nobody else. Right? Riiiiight?

Ugh comments on how undead NE shouldn't be a thing, here we go again.

I for one, am curious what that character might lead to.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post

Yep the night elf spergs of this forum are literally an army.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i dont know how you jump to that conclusion, all im saying is that the night elves went to the same place silvanas went when she commited suicide atop icecrown citadel, and they acccept the valkyr offer to get out of there. There is even a night elf in the Before the Storm book who hints in some way about his soul never finding peace because of the circunstances he is going to die.
    Ehhh I jump to that conclusion, because I believe that is happening.

I believe something shady is happening in the Shadowlands and Sylvanas is working against it. In her own psychopathic way. And thats the clarity that Delaryn mention saw when she died.

I know. It should be a self-evident fact that they shouldn't be a thing. c:

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Leave what? This isn't an answer to what i said. Like I said, why did Ner'zhul even bother with the mind control in the first place, if the people you kill and rez as undead are so loyal to you. Why does Sylvanas hate Arthas so much and not love him like the Night Elf Undead love Sylvanas?
    Is it because Sylvanas is such a Mary Sue that the people killed by her troops immedialty side with her and want to genocide their own kind?
    Is it to much to ask to read the lore of a game that was released 15 years ago before you complain about how bad the writers are?

The Lich king was created to lead an army to weaken azeroth. He was a pawn and wasn't supposed to lead them forever. As soon as archimonde arrived he lost the control over them. The scourge wasn't a bloodthirsty pack of undead, it was an army with millitary goals. If you have brainless frenzied soldiers you need something to control them.
    It's not like the lich king had a choice either. It was either being destroyed or playing kil'jaedens puppet until he saw his chance for revenge.

Sylvanas was tortured and turned into a banshee by arthas. As further punishment he left her her conciousness intact so she can witness how she is forced to kill her own kin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I know. It should be a self-evident fact that they shouldn't be a thing. c:
    Until they were, that is.

5+ Year Old Account

It's not that night elf undead shouldn't be a thing. I think it's awesome. The problem is last time we had undead night elves, they joined Sylvanas without a moment of hesitation. So I understand why some night elf fans might not be happy. They don't have much faith that this will end up well for them cause nothing has so far in this expansion.

Until they were, that is.
    No, even now, they shouldn't be a thing.
    Much like Calia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It's not that night elf undead shouldn't be a thing. I think it's awesome. The problem is last time we had undead night elves, they joined Sylvanas without a moment of hesitation. So I understand why some night elf fans might not be happy. They don't have much faith that this will end up well for them cause nothing has so far in this expansion.
    Same thing happened during cataclysm with humans. And no one was as much butthurt as NE fans. But their whining gave at least one thing : on the quest to rise the undead NE, you have a chance to get an angry wisp who is not okay with joining Sylvanas.
    As for the rest, Sira gave away a few reasons to be an undead NE fighting living NE : "Elune gave up on us, death is the only thing real, give up hope motherfuckers".

No, even now, they shouldn't be a thing.
    Much like Calia.
    Do you know who gets to decide what can or cannot be a thing in warcraft ?
    Not you.

Same thing happened during cataclysm with humans. And no one was as much butthurt as NE fans. But their whining gave at least one thing : on the quest to rise the undead NE, you have a chance to get an angry wisp who is not okay with joining Sylvanas.
    As for the rest, Sira gave away a few reasons to be an undead NE fighting living NE : "Elune gave up on us, death is the only thing real, give up hope motherfuckers"
    And yet also as pointed out, Elune quite clearly did not give up on them as shown in the entire Night Warrior ritual.

I mean, you're acting as if this is the only time anything horrible has ever happened to the Night elves so their doubt is shaken.

But it's not. They've been through a ton of trash, and as long lived as they are, they should remember that. On TOP of that, even IF Elune abandoned them, their first thought shouldn't be "We're gonna go align with the person who caused this now kbye".

Do you know who gets to decide what can or cannot be a thing in warcraft ?
    Not you.
    You might be to obtuse to understand what people mean when they say 'shouldn't'.
    Blizzard can theoretically add anything, like zombie unicorn offspring of Arthas that came from the sixth dimension to save the world from Sargeras' killer virus. No one can stop them.

People can say that it's ridiculous, though. And they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder that the banshee bitch needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Just a reminder that the banshee bitch needs to die.
    That much is a given. Die or be hunted off and left to become a pariah in exile, with maybe a few loyalists joining her in hiding.

No redemption, no "I was actually gearing up to fight the TRUE evil all along and you misunderstood my totally benevolent reasons behind burning a city and a world tree and genociding a people."

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And yet also as pointed out, Elune quite clearly did not give up on them as shown in the entire Night Warrior ritual.

I mean, you're acting as if this is the only time anything horrible has ever happened to the Night elves so their doubt is shaken.

But it's not. They've been through a ton of trash, and as long lived as they are, they should remember that. On TOP of that, even IF Elune abandoned them, their first thought shouldn't be "We're gonna go align with the person who caused this now kbye".
    Right after the burning of teldassil it would have made more sense. Why even wait so long to rezz them, usually wild beasts and murlocs would have eaten all the corpses by the time you get there with 8.1
    With 8.1 you got Elune who pushes the moon before the sun, why would you think the would have abandoned this land and Tyrande as avatar of the night warrior.

You might be to obtuse to understand what people mean when they say 'shouldn't'.
    Blizzard can theoretically add anything, like zombie unicorn offspring of Arthas that came from the sixth dimension to save the world from Sargeras' killer virus. No one can stop them.

People can say that it's ridiculous, though. And they are.
    Well you need to work on your phrasing maybe, because when you say "It should be a self-evident fact that they shouldn't be a thing" it sounds awfully less like "I find it to be ridiculous imho" and awfully more like "I know Blizzard's job more than they do". Which is quite a ridiculous statement on the matter of lore, especially given the amount of modifications and retcon this one gets.

Then again people tend to mistake their opinion for some truth to be told. I don't know what is it with players just being unable to say "I don't like this shit" and just let it go.

And yet also as pointed out, Elune quite clearly did not give up on them as shown in the entire Night Warrior ritual.I mean, you're acting as if this is the only time anything horrible has ever happened to the Night elves so their doubt is shaken.

Yeah but two things about that ritual :

-It happened after they were dead. The feeling of being abandoned was already felt, and was the one they died with. It is absolutely not crazy that it is a feeling they couldn't shake off when risen as undead.
    -It happened only because Tyrande made it so. Tyrande, the one was who was not there in time and who left too soon. It is not crazy for a NE to feel that it was too little too late.

So even if it's right that the NE had to deal with so much shit, I don't think they had it that bad since the War of the Ancient. Civilian casualties, loss of both a home and a world tree, etc.

Then again, it is not a matter of all the NE losing hope. It is just some of them, and only a few by the way. Some keep their faith, some don't. It happens. There's no general rule about losing faith and hope or not. Individuals deal with things differently. And on top of that, you're taking a step back and use rational thinking. But what is happening with these NE isn't rational so their reaction doesn't have to be.

You may think it is absurd to see them joining side with their murderer. I look at it in a different angle and say it is not ludicrous to see some of them siding against the deity who let them down when they needed her most, and who allowed their bodies to join the undeath. Because, even if you still believed in Elune's righteousness, how would you feel if she'd just let you become the abomination you were fighting ? Heck, you could just feel resentful for the ones who are still alive, because they were the chosen ones by Elune and you obviously were not. That reasoning can seem wrong and foolish to you. But NE can be as foolish and wrong as anyone, and I find it much more interesting that way, because it makes you think, it makes you question.

That's why even when I think some things to be just bizarre... I at least try to give it a thought, instead of jumping on the closest comment section (like it happened when the NE dark rangers were datamined) to vent about wrong I think it is. Because, shit or no shit, it is written in game and I have to deal with it.

may be elune abandoning them means they wont get any peace after dying so they accept resurrection and ally with silvanas to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Right after the burning of teldassil it would have made more sense. Why even wait so long to rezz them, usually wild beasts and murlocs would have eaten all the corpses by the time you get there with 8.1
    With 8.1 you got Elune who pushes the moon before the sun, why would you think the would have abandoned this land and Tyrande as avatar of the night warrior.
    isn't delaryn the only one that died during the burning? everyone else i remember raising was soldiers i killed myself during the quest.

but anyway, i'm still hoping they can pull something good out of this, like delaryn literally stabbing sylvanas in the back and taking the undead nelves to the alliance. opening up the path to dark ranger, with dark warden as a tank spec for it.