Page 20 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, considering you said you expected to be disappointed in Classic one month before its launch, and said you were done with the game the very day it was released, it's hardly surprising.

It's funny how when you have a look at the post history of nearly everyone agreeing with the OP, you notice they were negative toward Classic to begin with. What a strange coincidence
    It's funny how actually playing Classic has not changed the opinion held before it launched. We gave it a shot. It failed.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    It failed.
    what an odd "failure" it is, having 20+ servers in the US alone that hit High / Full every single day

The saddest part is that it is the truth I mean as a retail person I am not against people playing Classic but the Classic people clearly picturing up lies about the game about how it is I mean I have had several new to WoW trying out Classic due to hype from Classic folks and they literally quit around level 6.

Love Classic for what it is, trying to make it sound or look better just not going to work because Vanilla WoW was truly an awful ''game'' overall but good for its time.

In the end all the ''glorious things'' about Vanilla was but a lie which was quickly discovered by Classic being released but does that mean you can't enjoy it?

Clearly a lot of people enjoy it which I am truly happy for.
    Last edited by CasualVader; 2019-09-15 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They never reported Classic subs, so going by this logic, it's also a complete failure?

Ignoring that, what MMO *does* report their subs instead of "accounts created" or "copies sold within X"? It doesn't happen nowadays.
    they reported classic subs and they put it on the damn boxes themselves. late vanilla had "7 MILLION" printed on the boxes

every MMO that has something worth reporting will do so, but no other MMO has been able to compete with wow's numbers and now, the population is spread out pretty evenly

there are more players playing non-wow MMORPGs right now than ever, but wow ill never hit that 12M mark they hit in 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yep they should. That way instead of all servers having 10k queue at 6pm they would have 20k
    Thats what happens when you pick a server with streamers on it. My wife's server is listed as full but never has a Q... guess what... no streamers on it.

Very well thought out and detailed post. As a previous, 7 day a week raider in vanilla, I disagree with everything except number 1. All of what you posted are actually false for me. I'm having a blast at only level 31. I've gotten dungeon groups. I've helped and received help from others. I really enjoy the reliving of the class quests and love having talent choices. I will say that the blanket statement in number 1 can't be fully justified until all the raids are out.

Sorry you're having a bad time being ganked on a PVP realm. I'm assuming that's where this is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    People were flocking to twitch to watch the opening of classic, watch streamers get to 60 etc etc. Now they are playing it. And server size has been increased as well as initial number of servers to MEET THE DEMAND because they didnt have enough servers for the massive influx of players. Amazing how you leave that out
    Those increases were over a week ago, and those realms were still full when they increased it, it's not about leaving stuff out, it's about leaving stuff out that ISN'T RELEVANT. You're trying to make it relevant. If I was trying to mislead I'd use numbers from peak vs non-peak and call it good. People are quitting, people are stopping, people aren't playing as often, your idea that it is the exact same or growing are completely false.

As to the twitch comment, a week ago there were still 200k+ people watching at peak. There aren't now. You want to use statistics from a to b as proof, when in reality you need to use all of the data points. Why was there a drop off after day 1? Possibly people playing rather than watching. Why is there a drop off from day 13 to 14? Less people wanting to watch, less people wanting to play, their streamer isn't streaming, etc etc. Lots of reasons, obviously some are going to be accurate to any individual time-frame, but overall PEOPLE ARE LESS INTERESTED IN CLASSIC.

The guild I'm in dropped more than 50%, people haven't logged in, in over a week. New people aren't coming into the guild. Many others are seeing the same thing. People keep trying to disprove that less people are playing, but have you thought to prove that it's the same or more people are playing? Because my real-id went from over a hundred concurrently playing classic at peak to 25, where's your statistic to show the opposite?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    they reported classic subs and they put it on the damn boxes themselves. late vanilla had "7 MILLION" printed on the boxes

every MMO that has something worth reporting will do so, but no other MMO has been able to compete with wow's numbers and now, the population is spread out pretty evenly

there are more players playing non-wow MMORPGs right now than ever, but wow ill never hit that 12M mark they hit in 4.0
    You mean that 12M mark they also hit during WoD?

1. Classic raids are very hard.

No sane person ever claimed vanilla raids were hard or at least harder than retail. MC is ezpz especially with 1.12 patch state, later raids will take a bit more effort though.

2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones

Guess what. Some people actually like that you have to commit to the build you chose and that you just can not change skills whereever you are.

3. It’s about the journey, not the race to 60

Twitch streamers are not the whole playerbase dude. I am in a guild with 90 people, everyone playing at their own pace enjoying the shit out of the game. Some push fast to 60, some just take their time...you can choose how your "journey" is going to be. Who the fk cares about what some tryhard streamers are doing?

4. Classic incentivizes player interaction, so everyone will suddenly become sociable and make friends

It does. While leveling you meet people, you talk to them. I met a few tanks, healers outside of my guild I quickly added to my friendlist. Even with full random groups most experiences are just positive...retail is FAR more toxic. Even after this short time we have already established connections to other guilds and people, our teamspeak server is full of people 24/7. I just spend 5 hours in brd with a full group of strangers, ended up chilling with them in voice for another 3 hours. I have chats with new people EVERY day...
    It seems to me that it is not just the other people but also you who has a problem with ingame social interactions.

5. Getting into a dungeon group won't be a problem because there's no ilvl, r.io, achievements and armory.

You claim its false. Idk why you are so salty? Got declined once and now you're mad? I'm an enhancement shaman which ppl claim to be useless and I am running dungeons every day. Have been in groups with every class, from feral cat to shadowpriest...never has someone said "no we dont take shitty meme classes lel".

6. Class quests, the holy grail of class fantasy

You're a newschool gamer, aren't you? Back in the days you had to discover things. Even in vanilla, though it was way more casual than prior MMORPGs.
    And if you don't like discovering things, check the internet. If you're looking for games that just hand everything to you, classic just isn't for you. Doesn't mean its bad.

7. Classic is a great game for casuals, much better than modern WoW

Again, who said this? Nobody. It actually is the opposite. Ask vanilla hardliners and they will tell you they dislike retail because it became way too casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    BfA is doing just fine, and yeah I am playing it right now, while playing FF14 on another screen, because at least that allows me to launch both these games at the same time.
    Speaks volumes about the game if you're playing two separate games at the same time. Classic is perfectly engaging enough on it's own for me, thanks.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the front page, then do math. Currently over 5 million players in Classic. That's probably 2x the amount playing retail in the last 3 months. Sure, it's going to go down, but these threads and anyone agreeing are clearly upset their version of choice is slowly bleeding out. Sorry, retail sucks. It's not fun and I'd rather not play WoW at all than to play retail. Blizz and Activision see the $$$. Classic is going to get enhanced content, you can count on it.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    What Classic "boxes"? It's a digital release, not to mention there have been no offical reports whatsoever. Last numbers were published years ago and anything past that is unofficial guesswork, mostly keen on making WoW seem dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    No sane person ever claimed vanilla raids were hard or at least harder than retail. MC is ezpz especially with 1.12 patch state, later raids will take a bit more effort though.
    Guess you didn't read this topic, guess what? There are people still claiming that, even in this topic. So yes this is ongoing myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Guess you didn't read this topic, guess what? There are people still claiming that, even in this topic. So yes this is ongoing myth.
    Those who said it are in the minority how hard is it to understand this? the way the OP said it as if everyone or most of the players say that! again those who said such thing are in the minority? hello? minority not the majority?

omg, its almost like YOU DONT HAVE AN OPTION?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    2. Old talent trees are better than the current ones
    Got something to look forward to every level = better
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post

Retail makes me see the other players as tools to use and discard i cant help it i guess
    This is 100% on you, not the game. I have doubled my friend list since bfa launched, because I am able to form bonds with ppl on other realms, and I am not limited to just the players on mine.

You choose to limit your goals to numbers and stats, ratings and achievements. You choose to go about completing those tasks with as little social interaction as possible. This is YOUR choice, the game isn't forcing you to avoid social interaction as you claim, you are choosing to behave this way.

Bfa is also the worst wow expac ever, but your decisions are not the games fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Look at the front page, then do math. Currently over 5 million players in Classic. That's probably 2x the amount playing retail in the last 3 months. Sure, it's going to go down, but these threads and anyone agreeing are clearly upset their version of choice is slowly bleeding out. Sorry, retail sucks. It's not fun and I'd rather not play WoW at all than to play retail. Blizz and Activision see the $$$. Classic is going to get enhanced content, you can count on it.
    Classic is doing good, but this is stupidly false, i already said in this same thread, retail had 20 full realms, 21 high realms, 140 medium realms, 16 low realms and 9 new players realm only in US without considering latin america, oceanic and brazil realms, and this was 8 hours ago, so not even raid time, now compare this to classic realms, and ill use your phrase, DO THE MATH OMEGALUL.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    It is not an opinion, he was objectively wrong. There are both choices to be made in the talent tree, even if you use the best talents there are points that can go anywhere, and respecing doesn't only cost 45g or 50g (most people will not reach 50g respec costs). Both of those things he lied about to make it seem like his opinion was interesting and important about something that very few people in this forum give a shit about, certainly what he has said has not changed anyone's mind on the game and is literally the same argument that has been repeated since the game began changing in earnest. Now, you can not like them, you can not like the talent trees and not like how respecing is done, you can even think respeccing costs too much gold, both of those ideas are subjective and you're free to think whatever you like, although people are still not obliged to agree with you.

Even in his reply he admits that he would never reach a 50g respec because the best things have already been determined and he would only ever follow the cookie cutter build, so what was the complaint about it costing too much in the first place? But I'm guessing that since he can only follow what others do that he doesn't do much thinking in the first place.
    What utter nonsense, but whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    The fact that you think "more mechanics = harder" is raw denial.

C'thun has less mechanics but is insanely harder than most retail bosses.
    Hum no? C thun was "hard" because he was mathematically impossible, like it was proved by Ion btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    In your opinion because you are short sighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Look at the front page, then do math. Currently over 5 million players in Classic.
    You should do the math yourself first. How do 4 million characters (source: https://classic.wowhead.com/news=295...ough-community) create 5 million players?

It is the other way around. If half of the number of chars are accounts, you have a good guess. Means WoW classic has around 2 million players.

An example: Guild Wars 2 has 11 million accounts and 53 million created characters. So 1:2 is a very well meaning quota of players to chars.

At launch, that is. Warlords of Draenor, one of the worse expacs, sold for 10 million copies on its initial launch.

https://www.vg247.com/2014/11/19/wow...ds-of-draenor/

It could not keep the players. No wonder if the devs do not give any other compelling endgame progression than raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Yes. But probably something more thrilling like "raises your wand damage by 2%". There should be leveling up rewards. But it would be great if they were really useful. Like gear. Like vanity items. Like some gold.

At max level, players could receive a endgame starter gear set, for example.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-09-15 at 07:10 AM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Thats what mediocre players think, "i win cause i did the easiest content my poor skills can handle", if you are fine being mediocre then you do you, as long as im not one of them, im fine, but using this as an argument is pretty meme worthy.
    Actually, your answer is probably the most meme worthy and actually a perfect image of what's wrong with retail. You're literally saying "You don't get to have an opinion on the 99% of the game that are too easy because you didn't do the 1% that is challenging" (which he maybe did). You have tons of players that don't necessarily want to play Classic but do because outside of the raids, it offers more challenge than retail. Those people are literally here telling you "Just put more challenging content outside of mythic and I'll play" and your only answer is "SHUT UP! IT'S NOT EASY BECAUSE MYTHIC! NOOB!".