Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The tauren don't farm. I was talking about lakebeds cracking open and draining away so the fish die, or the game they hunt getting killed by storms, or the quillboar coming out and seizing water supplies (which they did do in a novel). Or the Grimtotem slipping back in and occupying wells and driving wildlife berserk to attack hunters. All these problems being left unresolved because these tauren are thinking more about getting revenge than taking care of their people. Think about real life disasters. Imagine what would happen if, after a hurricane or other horrible disaster, the National Guard rode off to attack some other country instead of disaster relief.
    I assure you Jaina is more dangerous than quilboar.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

worst character ever. I hope he die dumb death.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    No he soft beta boy, cuckold for writer feminist. No chance to save him
    Anduin is the least feminist character of all time. He's a straight white man with literal divine power, he's royalty and he's a good man. If you want to see examples of feminist characters, I suggest you read feminist fiction like the Handmaid's Tale. Or don't because it's cancer.

He has potential, and people may say he is someone who thinks hes morally better then everyone else, but I have seen his character grow and him slowly but surly getting darker and darker. I recon that his character will do a total 360 and that he will be corrupted, I just hope blizzard doesnt cater to the crazy anduin and wrathion fandom....

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    Anduin is the least feminist character of all time. He's a straight white man with literal divine power, he's royalty and he's a good man. If you want to see examples of feminist characters, I suggest you read feminist fiction like the Handmaid's Tale. Or don't because it's cancer.
    You would assume, but you should see some of Golden's tweets about Thrall and Anduin. B)

I'm going to chalk it up to bad writing, but specifically because Anduin has been in so little that people are just filling in blanks and holding it against the character. Most of the reasons in this thread that aren't the god-king/human potential nonsense come from having to extrapolate story details because the writers didn't bother. They wanted to show Anduin's struggles as a new king and how his inexperience hinders him, but then wrote a story that he barely appears in and where Jaina is the main character for the Alliance.

He's useful for finding out who the insecure dudes are though.
    Last edited by Niroshi; 2019-09-16 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    I'm going to chalk it up to bad writing, but specifically because Anduin has been in so little that people are just filling in blanks and holding it against the character. Most of the reasons in this thread that aren't the god-king/human potential nonsense come from having to extrapolate story details because the writers didn't bother. They wanted to show Anduin's struggles as a new king and how his inexperience shines through, but then wrote a story that he barely appears in and where Jaina is the main character for the Alliance.

He's useful for finding out who the insecure dudes are though.
    he did nothing in this expansion. Afk throne room 4 years

Only problem with Anduin is that he might be a bit too nice. But he will come into his own. He will be along for a long time, there's time for him to be built up.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Only problem with Anduin is that he might be a bit too nice. But he will come into his own. He will be along for a long time, there's time for him to be built up.
    He's pretty much a replacement Jaina. He became more prominent around the time Jaina went from orc toe-sucking pacifist to a fault to "DISMANTLE."

ok what need this character
    - Woman (no more gay joke)
    - Start fight for the alliance, not for horde and peace
    - New VA (give he man voice)
    - Paladin tropes (more courage)
    - Scars and beard ( no more babyface)

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The tauren don't farm. I was talking about lakebeds cracking open and draining away so the fish die, or the game they hunt getting killed by storms, or the quillboar coming out and seizing water supplies (which they did do in a novel). Or the Grimtotem slipping back in and occupying wells and driving wildlife berserk to attack hunters. All these problems being left unresolved because these tauren are thinking more about getting revenge than taking care of their people. Think about real life disasters. Imagine what would happen if, after a hurricane or other horrible disaster, the National Guard rode off to attack some other country instead of disaster relief.
    Newsflash, the Grimtotem were working with the Alliance during the Cataclysm and the tauren of Vendetta point were protecting the Horde from a hostile Alliance invasion.

The siege machinery outside the gates of Mulgore is like a spear aimed at our heart. I want you to go to the gates, south of here, and remove those siege vehicles from play. The Alliance forces were sieging the gates of Mulgore, only the forces of Vendetta point stopped them whilst Baine did nothing.

The Alliance scorches a trail of murder across the Barrens. We must stop them here or there is nothing left for us.
    They were trying to conquer the barrens.

I want to see some dead goblins, <name>! Just west of here you'll find a whole warren of those little insects burrowing into the mountain.
    The Alliance generals were criminals who would never leave the Horde alone so long as they were alive.

Note all of the Horde quests are from Vendetta point which in the lore was formed to protect Mulgore, and the tauren Baine exiled, which by the way included Jorn Skyseer who helped Baine take back Thunderbluff from the Grimtotem. Jorn helps Baine in his hour of need, then gets backstabbed by Baine for sticking out of his neck out for the people Baine abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    And that's why people dislike him, because he comes off as an over-powered, ideally-perfect Gary Stu, except... he's not because he's not even a competent leader. So he's this morally flawless, physically-perfect character with a seemingly infinite fountain of faith-based power, yet he either doesn't know how to channel/use it, or won't because of his ideals. It's like Superman. He has the capacity to solve all the world's problems if he chose to, or applied himself, and yet he doesn't/won't due to inexperience or naiveté. It's difficult even to pin him down as a character and critique him, that's how inconsistent the writing is presently with WoW.
    You're pretty much describing a Mary Sue. Because Anduin is a Mary Sue.

Mary Sues have a ton of different symptoms, but the thing that makes a Mary Sue a true Mary Sue, regardless of what symptoms they do or do not check off, is wish fulfillment in the face of conflicting evidence as presented by the author. Anduin is presented by the narrative as a perfect leader even when he's making a mistake or his decision is somehow morally grey (his decision to 'marry for love' as seen in Before the Storm is a big one, Greymane is fucking right that Anduin needs to marry ASAP for political reasons and Anduin is presented by the narrative as being the one who is objectively right to not marry, because that's what Christie Golden wants. It's her wish fulfillment in the face of Anduin actually not being entirely right on an objective level).

I don't mind that Anduin is virtuous or wants peace or whatever, I mind that Golden is clearly playing favoritism for the character and is making him a Mary Sue. Golden is, contrary to general nerdrage rhetoric, a really good writer when she wants to be, but she suffers from a few big pitfalls. Namely, writing romance or playing favorites with a character.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    People who use comments and language like this are, usually, "betas" in of themselves (as in they meet their own criteria for the word) I have found through past experiences.
    I believe you.

I assure you that I'm unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    People bring up Taurajo because the tauren’s leader declared the firebombing of his own civilians justified
    There is zero evidence of civilians being firebombed. For all we know, the firebombing happened after the civilians fled and the only ones who died were the ones who opted to stay and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I assure you Jaina is more dangerous than quilboar.
    Jaina wasn't our active enemy in Cataclysm, thanks for not playing.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that "hate" is a quite big word when it comes to discussing Manduin things, even if he can come as obnoxiously perfect at times. It's just that I find him uniformly boring, as is often the case with Mary Sue's.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There is zero evidence of civilians being firebombed. For all we know, the firebombing happened after the civilians fled
    Wrong.

same gryphon-riders were the ones to firebomb Taurajo during the attack.

Quoted from ingame quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    and the only ones who died were the ones who opted to stay and fight.
    You're the only one that thinks a low level herbalist woman armed with only a handful of flowers that already announced her intention to run stayed and fought Alliance soldiers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Awful lot of edge all up in this thread, though that's to be expected given some of the posters and their widely known reputation as rather (extremely) toxic Sylvanas shills.

Most normal people don't really hate him though, we just find him to be boring. Boring =/= hate.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Gann Stonespire View Post
    Wrong.

same gryphon-riders were the ones to firebomb Taurajo during the attack.

Quoted from ingame quests.
    I never claimed Taraujo was not firebombed. I simply dispute the claim innocents were intentionally firebombed. And "during the attack" is a very vague statement. If the fire bombing started after all the civilians left, but still while the infantry was fighting the remaining defendants, then it still counts as "during the attack".

You're the only one that thinks a low level herbalist woman armed with only a handful of flowers that already announced her intention to run stayed and fought Alliance soldiers.
    At no point she explicitly states her intention to flee. Worse yet, her words can be interpreted as her telling others to take the children and run while she remained to ensure the others could escape. The fact it's only her dead, there, and no children, support that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Why would you want him to be morally grey though? What's wrong with him being virtuous and actually consistent at it.
    Because to them that's not cool or hip....this day and age everything has to be gritty, has to be about war and death...don't forget a fresh feeling of DOOM around every corner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    I believe you.

I assure you that I'm unusual.
    Yeah and I'm sure they'd all they that if ever pressured on the internet

Gotta be extra edgy to cover up for something, unless you're simply just a complete psycho?