Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will N'zoth be a joke?

He's, afaik, the weakest of the old gods, and we've defeated one with titan keeper help, and one by ourselves.

Unless he somehow resurrects the rest, won't he just become one big joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    He's, afaik, the weakest of the old gods, and we've defeated one with titan keeper help, and one by ourselves.

From a lore standpoint, even though he might be the weakest, we've never fought a fully unleashed old god before. Based solely on that, he's going to be "stronger" than the other ones at the time. They all gave titans a hard time, so to say any of them are "weak" is underselling them.

That said, I can see Blizzard making him a joke with some cringey dialogue and being killed in one raid.

We have never fought an unchained Old God.

Period.

Which boss wasn't a joke? I mean like seriously?

He's doomed because he's shunted off to die one patch after being freed.

Logically though he should curbstomp us as he's a fully freed old god, and they're continent-sized monsters. The others were all chained up.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    We have never fought an unchained Old God.

Period.
    We fought Argus the Unmaker though (As well as an Argus who got empowered by Sargeras himself). Already defeats the purpose of an Old Gods' power.

- - - Updated - - -

N'zoth will be a joke as much as they made Sargeras a joke. Actually, no, I can't say that, cause Sargeras became the closest to winning in this damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    He's doomed because he's shunted off to die one patch after being freed.

Logically though he should curbstomp us as he's a fully freed old god, and they're continent-sized monsters. The others were all chained up.
    Also, logically, we should never have faced off guys like Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Aggramar, the Legion at their full might, Queen Azshara, nor Argus the Unmaker (ESPECIALLY ARGUS) with ease either. But, we did. And about 4/5ths of the people I said there could likely curbstomp N'zoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    From a lore standpoint, even though he might be the weakest, we've never fought a fully unleashed old god before. Based solely on that, he's going to be "stronger" than the other ones at the time. They all gave titans a hard time, so to say any of them are "weak" is underselling them.

That said, I can see Blizzard making him a joke with some cringey dialogue and being killed in one raid.
    Again, this is doomed logic, since we fought guys like Kil'jaeden, Aggramar's Avatar, and Argus the Unmaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkat124 View Post
    They all gave titans a hard time, so to say any of them are "weak" is underselling them.
    Actually, the Titans could easily destroy them - see Y'Shaarj. Aman'Thul simply grabbed him and tore him from the planet. That said, the fallout was a massive wound to Azeroth, hence why they continued to use their Keepers to wage war on the Old Gods.

I'm hoping that the raid where we deal with him involves us crawling around his innards, destroying his organs, much the same way we destroyed the other two Old Gods by going inside them (Yogg, the brain. C'thun, the stomach)

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    We fought Argus the Unmaker though (As well as an Argus who got empowered by Sargeras himself). Already defeats the purpose of an Old Gods' power.

- - - Updated - - -

N'zoth will be a joke as much as they made Sargeras a joke. Actually, no, I can't say that, cause Sargeras became the closest to winning in this damn game.
    With the power of all the reborn Titans.

We can just fight the Old God with the help of a lesser being, that would explain it lorewise. Mostly because without any help lorewise our characters would be like ants to most of the baddies we have killed
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2019-09-18 at 02:23 PM.

Also, logically, we should never have faced off guys like Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, Aggramar, the Legion at their full might, Queen Azshara, nor Argus the Unmaker (ESPECIALLY ARGUS) with ease either. But, we did. And about 4/5ths of the people I said there could likely curbstomp N'zoth.
    I agree that we shouldn't have fought any of those, especially the titans, but disagree with the argument. No one here is on the same level as N'zoth except possibly Argus. Again, the dude is a continent sized tumor. Aggrammar was an avatar, Azshara was a minion to N'zoth, so nowhere near his league and KJ and Archi were at about his level.

As for the Legion in general though, yeah, winning against the Legion was patently ridiculous, they should've glassed this planet with ease.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far all the ''big bads that are supposely oh so scary'' are just a joke or pushovers in WoW. KJ, Azshara, Old Gods, Gul'dan was decent but he never did actual long lasting damage aside from killing a dude. Deathwing was the only one that did actual massive long lasting damage that still reels the world to this day. Sylvanas has made a bunch of em' look like chumps and that's hilarious.

Azshara is specially sad, I expected some massive tidal wave that screwed up a bunch of places screwing people over, but she just sat there so her tentacle daddy hopefully saved her at the last second.

Blizzard guide to big bads: make them night unstoppable the first few times we see them, then have them do something incredibly stupid so players can beat them. Like grooming them into becoming strong enough to become a threat and influence the ghost in your blade, not just burning them all to death while they prepare their super weapon that you know of. Or keeping around the souls of the only beings that can pose a threat to you - and even letting one escape and put in less than a token effort to recapture her - because they might be a useful weapon to you one day, even though you could just curb stomp everything yourself.

N'Zoth too will toss us around for a bit, then give us a weakpoint to hit in a contrived battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I am unsure when "beatable" came to be translated into "weak" in the context of a video game. No, I don't N'Zoth will be a joke, but I do think we'll ultimately defeat him one way or another - because this is a video game and that's kind of what we do. Then one of a few things could happen: the dawn of another day on Azeroth without the Old Gods hanging over us like a pall, or perhaps his own death works into greater plan. All depends on how they want to play it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

To be honest, we had more titans on our side.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    KJ Mythic and Ragnaros 25 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    KJ Mythic and Ragnaros 25 Heroic
    Gameplay != lore

Lorewise most bosses have been a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Difficulty wise? Mythic Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post

Well all old gods are actually a planet sized bacteria for titans.
    So i wonder what N'zoth can do against us.

The biggest threat from them is their army of beings impacted by the old god, like Naga or beings that got their minds twisted (deathwing).

7+ Year Old Account
    We fought Argus the Unmaker though (As well as an Argus who got empowered by Sargeras himself). Already defeats the purpose of an Old Gods' power
    With the help of the Pantheon and the power from out weapons.

Hell, we would've LOST in that fight if it wasn't for Eonar resurrecting us.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    With the help of the Pantheon and the power from out weapons.

Hell, we would've LOST in that fight if it wasn't for Eonar resurrecting us.
    I know, I know. But still, it kinda makes the threat of an Old God...not at all threatening? It's just weird. And besides, Sargeras was also buffing Argus throughout the fight as well, giving him skin, his own powers, a mask that represents a fully working skull and all, and so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    To be honest, we had more titans on our side.
    And to be honest, Sargeras killed them all by himself. Pretty fair trade, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I agree that we shouldn't have fought any of those, especially the titans, but disagree with the argument. No one here is on the same level as N'zoth except possibly Argus. Again, the dude is a continent sized tumor. Aggrammar was an avatar, Azshara was a minion to N'zoth, so nowhere near his league and KJ and Archi were at about his level.

As for the Legion in general though, yeah, winning against the Legion was patently ridiculous, they should've glassed this planet with ease.
    Aggramar was an Avatar, yeah, but he was also apart of Sargeras' Dark Pantheon and should be on a level that basically dwarfs Kil'jaeden himself. And, in my opinion, I think KJ and Archimonde are far above current Azshara in power. Like, I get it, Azshara was pretty OP during the WoTA, and she's empowered by N'zoth and all, but Archimonde and KJ have a lot of feats of power and knowledge toward them.

As for everything else, yeah, the Legion during 7.0 alone should've just glassed the entire planet. But, we needed the Player clout. So, woo? -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    So far all the ''big bads that are supposely oh so scary'' are just a joke or pushovers in WoW. KJ, Azshara, Old Gods, Gul'dan was decent but he never did actual long lasting damage aside from killing a dude. Deathwing was the only one that did actual massive long lasting damage that still reels the world to this day. Sylvanas has made a bunch of em' look like chumps and that's hilarious.

Azshara is specially sad, I expected some massive tidal wave that screwed up a bunch of places screwing people over, but she just sat there so her tentacle daddy hopefully saved her at the last second.
    Sylvanas is a plot device. The Legion, and Sargeras was a far greater, long lasting affect on Azeroth than anyone else in WoW.