10+ Year Old Account

"Islam is right about women" having the desired effect

Its always funny when something like this actually has the desired effect the people making it set out to do.

https://yournews.com/2019/09/21/1209...on-in-liberal/

To summarize, 4chan has created a new controversial message both from their website, but also posted around towns in america, with the simple phrase "Islam is right about women"

To anyone with a rational sense, its easy to see the funny side of this. Fact is islam as a cult treats women like crap, as lesser people.
    However on the other side of this, someone who is a follower of islam itself would end up agreeing with the message because they believe islam does infact have the right idea about women, and what it does with them is a norm.

And this is where the cognitive dissonance occurs with this simple message, as the more 'woke' people out there have been throwing a fit over this on social media, because they can't bring themselves to either agree or disagree with the message.

To agree with it would mean they are outright ignoring the suffering of women under the cult of islam, and as progressives the suffering of women is something they have claimed to stand against.
    However to disagree with the message, would mean they would have to accept that islam, a religion consist of mostly middle eastern people, is a bad thing, and not the 'religion of peace' they are lead on to believe must be true because non-white people and uni professors said its so.

I don't think this post will be up for long, but it does make me laugh the reactions people are having like in the video.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2019-09-22 at 12:02 AM.

To agree with it would mean they are outright ignoring the suffering of women under the cult of islam, and as progressives the suffering of women is something they have claimed to stand against.
    Let me guess, you think everything is done by the book? No dissent? No different interpretations? No people disregarding the things they don't like?

a religion consist of mostly middle eastern people
    What world are you living in? East and Southeast Asia has a lot of muslims. Only about 1/5th of the muslim population worldwide lives in the middle east.
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-09-22 at 12:06 AM.

Yes, most of the major religions are oppressive towards women. No, not everyone that follows those religions follows the oppressive parts.

It's almost like trying to boil down complex issues into a single sentence is stupid and trollish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool this thread was already locked for forbidden topics.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And this is where the cognitive dissonance occurs with this simple message
    Indeed, and that's entirely the point behind messages like this being so simple - they are both lacking in nuance as well as being vague. Hence why 4chan and its associated manlets continue to repeat them in bad faith, because any serious discussion on either women's issues or Islam would require both nuance and specificity.

In short, treating the subjects under discussion as human beings rather than as memes to be bandied around to get a reaction from people on Call of Duty, which I take it is the extent of your sociological background.

Its always funny when something like this actually has the desired effect the people making it set out to do.

https://yournews.com/2019/09/21/1209...on-in-liberal/

To summarize, 4chan has created a new controversial message both from their website, but also posted around towns in america, with the simple phrase "Islam is right about women"

To anyone with a rational sense, its easy to see the funny side of this. Fact is islam as a cult treats women like crap, as lesser people.
    However on the other side of this, someone who is a follower of islam itself would end up agreeing with the message because they believe islam does infact have the right idea about women, and what it does with them is a norm.

And this is where the cognitive dissonance occurs with this simple message, as the more 'woke' people out there have been throwing a fit over this on social media, because they can't bring themselves to either agree or disagree with the message.

However to disagree with the message, would mean they would have to accept that islam, a religion consist of mostly middle eastern people, is a bad thing, and not the 'religion of peace' they are lead on to believe must be true because non-white people and uni professors said its so.

I don't think this post will be up for long, but it does make me laugh the reactions people are having like in the video.
    Why doesn't it surprise me that you would watch someone so fucking retarded like Black Pigeon Speaks?

I am so very tired of conservative shitbags pretending like everyone else has a problem calling Islam out when its adherents do terrible things.

Here's a newsflash: You can think Islam is a shitty religion without thinking that Muslims are automatically shitty people. We do it all the time when some Christians refuse to treat women and gay people like they're actually humans.

I also find it ironic that those self-same conservative shitbags demonstrate time and again that they unironically agree that "Islam is right about women" but refuse to admit it because doing so would be to acknowledge that they have more in common with that belief system that they're comfortable with.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2019-09-22 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't in the least bit "confusing".

"Islam" can't be "right" about anything, because "Islam" is a broad categorization of sects and practitioners, and there's no single position shared by all. Some Muslims can be "right" or "wrong", but not the overarching faith group to which both contradicting Muslims belong to, since it contains both of their views.

It's trolling, in the real world. That's it. There's no internal contradiction that makes left-wingers brains explode, here; it's a position that can only be made if the one posting it is, themselves, a flaming bigot in the first place. Without that prejudice, it's nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I am so very tired of conservative shitbags pretending like everyone else has a problem calling Islam out when its adherents do terrible things.

Here's a newsflash: You can think Islam is a shitty religion without thinking that Muslims are automatically shitty people. We do it all the time with Christians who refuse to treat women and gay people like they're actually humans.
    For those who think that reconciling the fact that a particular demographic has a significant portion of people out for your livelihood and blood with the fact not everyone in that demographic is a complete cunt is a novel concept, I present to you; life as a homosexual in Christian America.

This country is so free and superior to Islam that I feel uncomfortable holding my partner's hand in public sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah can already see the wires crossing here. Just like the people in the video this draws out the easily offended here ^^

And crying about there being more complex issues is just dodging the issue. If you are offended by something like this, then its had the effect they were going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah can already see the wires crossing here. Just like the people in the video this draws out the easily offended here ^^

And crying about there being more complex issues is just dodging the issue. If you are offended by something like this, then its had the effect they were going for.
    Making fun of people for being offended about things went out of fashion when South Park stopped being culturally relevant, bub. Also somewhat amusing that you can't tell the difference between being offended by something and being over it.

Perhaps you should spent less time on 4chan since your repertoire is so....boring, honestly. It's just stale. Seen this crap before.

Most of the people claiming to criticize the religion is nothing but intolerant people who just hate anything remotely of islamic nature, doesn't matter what it is. I've had people claim I was forced to wear the outfit I was wearing, even though I wore it because I wanted to, because I liked it.

I grew up in the muslim world, I'm an ex-muslim, there are issues but you are not targeting nor are you proposing any realistic solutions to the problems that exist, it's all crying islam bad, muslims bad.
    Last edited by Heran; 2019-09-22 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Nobody here's "offended" by this.

Here's what's actually happening. Linking, because embedding a troll comic even when it's on-topic feels like I'm pushing the limits; http://lol.i.trollyou.com/LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nobody here's "offended" by this.

Here's what's actually happening. Linking, because embedding a troll comic even when it's on-topic feels like I'm pushing the limits; http://lol.i.trollyou.com/LOL-I-TROLL-YOU.png
    I mean I think enough time has passed where this has become relevant in an academic context on discussions of trolls, so.

You think people are offended that you are easily swayed by 4chan retards? And conspiracy theorists and racist cunts like Black Pigeon Speaks? https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Black_Pigeon_Speaks

Yeah, not really offended, but I am not really surprised that you are gullible enough to follow someone as ignorant as BPS.

It's always funny to see people who watch outrage YouTubers who are perpetually offended by everything claim other people are offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's always funny to see people who watch outrage YouTubers who are perpetually offended by everything claim other people are offended.
    Especially since the Youtuber he used was temp banned from Youtube, and should be permabanned, but he whined about free speech since he didn't know what that actually meant.

Yeah this isn't going to keep going.

Locked.