Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

have u ever been to thailand?

if u havent been here, would u consider going here in the future?

if u have been here what did u do while here? did u go to tourist spots? find places where not so many tourists? what time did u go here? what were ur experiences?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been. Unfortunately, I don't handle hot and humid very well, and I have a morbid fear of smiling women who might own ducks. Other than that, if my stomach ever recovers enough that it can handle spicy food again, I'd love to visit just to enjoy the food and experience a new place.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I was born there

Eventually. Got a few other countries and cities to knock off the list first.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Eventually. Got a few other countries and cities to knock off the list first.
    vietnam? ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Born there and visit my grandma in Chiang Mai at least once a year. Outside of wandering the city for Songkhran and Loi Krathong, I don't really do anything touristy.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and I don't ever plan to go. I don't like travel, and I'm rather paranoid about picking up infections in foreign countries (I chose to stay home rather than visit relatives in London just a few months ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Natta Lmo View Post
    vietnam? ^^
    Eventually as well. Should go sooner rather than later but ... we'll see.

Yeah, it's the home country of my family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Have almost zero Interest in Asia mostly however if there was anywhere in Asia I would like to Visit it's China, but I don't speak Chinese. I think Japan would be maybe ok Tokyo looks stunning.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I recently spend a month in and around Bangkok, mostly training Muay Thai. But I went to see fights, I went on a river trip, few temples, markets, night markets etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter
    Uh, what?

Ducks! I have a morbid fear of smiling (Thai) women who might own ducks!

Removing the devious dicks of wandering husbands is becoming almost as common in Thailand as carving up coconuts. The slashing wives' habit is euphemistically referred to as "tat lieng pet" (feeding the duck) due to an incident in which the offending organ was tossed into a yard where a passing duck ate it.

Bangkok surgeons are challenged with about 60 penile attachment operations per year, notes the Mirror.
    Source: https://www.salon.com/1999/12/07/duck/
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I've been to Thailand before. In fact I reckon I was there the year after Thailand had been struck by a tsunami, and we did visit some of the affected areas. The old man's been there since and says it has become significantly more touristy since I visited, so it's pretty unlikely that I'd want to go back, but I enjoyed my time last I was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

15+ Year Old Account
    Spent about 8 weeks total in Thailand. Not just tourist places, but drove around southern Thailand a lot.

I love the place. I was in Greece this year and Thailand is way better.
    I love Patong. It doesn't have the best reputation, but it's large enough to spend a month in it and still not do everything you want. It has something for everyone. It's also easy to find tours to different islands since it's the main tourist area in Phuket.
    But I think the nicest places in Thailand are those outside tourist areas. Places no tourist probably has never seen. Like, Khlong Din Daeng reservoir. Khao Luang was awesome.

The only downside is that Thailand is far from Europe. It's not a 10-day vacation IMO. I wouldn't go to Thailand and spend less than 2 weeks there.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post

Ducks! I have a morbid fear of smiling (Thai) women who might own ducks!

Source: https://www.salon.com/1999/12/07/duck/
    Lol! That would only be a problem if you are unfaithful. And do they cane whip criminals there? Or am I thinking of another country in that area?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Nope never, i have been wanting to see Vietnam though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Once on business. Didn't get to do much besides work and eat. I will say the food was great. Only thing I disliked was the humidity and rain. Just to much but I can't blame the country for that. Just be prepared to be wet most the time.

When would you recommend going if you an't handle humidity?

I was in Tokyo between 5th and 19th of september, and the first week was awful because of how humid it was, I could barely live with it, and I hear it's nothing compared to how it is in Thailand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never been, not sure what I'd do if I went, but I'd be down to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther
    Lol! That would only be a problem if you are unfaithful. And do they cane whip criminals there? Or am I thinking of another country in that area?
    Caning is Singapore and Malaysia.

Don't underestimate the dangers of rumor and jealousy. I'm still stayin' clear of smiling women who might have ducks (and short tempers)!