Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    You sound a bit defensive and triggered
    It’s the reality. There is a global channel, this is not 2005. And fuck the faggot who infracted me for “minor flaming”. May he never find a big dick for his shit hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was nice knowing you Mosotti
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

They haven't merged a single realm in the past 15 years. They're not going to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It doesn't need to change now and there are other ways of addressing it other than merging realms. It's not unexpected though.
    If people are leaving becuase their realms are dead then yes, it does need to be fixed now. Some realms are ghost towns after all.
    Also, what other ways? The way it works in retail seems like something most classic players would be rather upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Classic on the other hand requires you to sit in capital cities doing nothing while looking for groups, you fanboys love to contradict yourselves.
    Wha-what? No, no it doesn’t. Not even sort of.

OT: If nothing, they should drop layering first. But this idea being discussed that it’s already dying is bizarre. It’s not even kinda sorta remotely dying. Any time I log in I see a vast majority of high populations. And even the mediums are still more populated than vanilla servers ever were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't have any sympathy of the people impatient and wanting to play classic right out of the gate. They willingly chose to move to other realms so that they could play asap. They gave little to no thought about their actions years down the road and they can more than happily pay for a transfer when they release them.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That took long.
    Longer than i expected. I think the reason is because the streamers still keep classic alive.

But they, on the other hand, will lose interest, if their players lose interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I can't blame them. The data was being used incorrectly, was presumed to be more accurate than it was and if Blizzard wants to consider their user data and concurrency statistics as proprietary they have a right to do so. It's not like they're the only game studio that plays it close to the vest on how many people are playing. Data like this can affect a business and there's no mandate to have it accessible.
    Actually, blizzard does not want to publish numbers, as they have an agenda those numbers could contradict.

They do not want players to use statistics against their design decisions. That is not really "justified" but obsuring reality. And nothing honorable from blizzard.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Longer than i expected. I think the reason is because the streamers still keep classic alive.

But they, on the other hand, will lose interest, if their players lose interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, blizzard does not want to publish numbers, as they have an agenda those numbers could contradict.

They do not want players to use statistics against their design decisions. That is not really "justified" but obsuring reality. And nothing honorable from blizzard.
    yikes.

exactly how many bills can i pay with your weird sense of honor?

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    yikes.

exactly how many bills can i pay with your weird sense of honor?
    As much without it. My idea of honor does not affect you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    As much without it. My idea of honor does not affect you at all.
    did i say it did? because i dont think i did.

dont answer the question though, i know that its scary to realize the ideas you hold are worthless

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    did i say it did? because i dont think i did.

dont answer the question though, i know that its scary to realize the ideas you hold are worthless
    I answered your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    It’s the reality. There is a global channel, this is not 2005. And fuck the faggot who infracted me for “minor flaming”. May he never find a big dick for his shit hole.
    Not their fault you cant follow the rules.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    Clasic is still going strong and will keep it's playerbase. Classic gamers are MMORPG people. They will stick to the end. And even 10% of the current playerbase will be enough. So good try but no.
    Honest question, if Classic gamers are MMORPG people, why aren't they plaything the much much better MMROPGs out there that cater towards "MMORPG people?" Classic people are just people trying to relive nostalgia, nothing more, nothing less.

yep gave up on classic lvl 53 mankrik alliance almost nobody to play with its listed as high pop but 97% of the players are horde, as was confirmed by the census addon which blizzard removed functionality,probably so future players wont be as dumb as I So cant find anyone to do BRD or level with in high level zones, basically going to hope they let us paid xfer to good realms or ill just stick with retail since i have no one to play with

Tbh merge are never happening. Blizzard do not merge servers, period. Afaik they never did.

I almost took the bait and transfered my druid to Judgement from Mograine. Glad i did not as Mograine don't have queues anymore (or <30 min in prime time).

Free transfer to targeted new realms was a trap all along to capitalize on paid transfer later on. This is the best way to generate revenue after the launch hype dies out. But to strategically to it in a sales perspective you have to wait for servers to die out and players to get to 60, as they will have more incentives to pay. So my guess in more or less paid transfers in one month.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Na, still booming with players.
    Slowly dying .. not dead.

It is slowly dying as expected. The whole point Blizzard over crowded realms was to ensure that the slow death had little impact on those realms.

Of course as always - impatience and demands from unknowing customers forced Blizzard to release servers they knew would be dead in a month.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    They haven't merged a single realm in the past 15 years. They're not going to start now.
    My server i play on in retail disagrees, its five servers in one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    My server i play on in retail disagrees, its five servers in one.
    But it really isn't.
    Connected realms, virtual realms or cross-server realms are not same as merged servers. It's a different technology. Let's not invent new things here, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Says every nub since 2005......
    haha so true ... first it was Warhammer than Conan than Aion than STOW and the list goes on and on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoMana View Post
    But it really isn't.
    Connected realms, virtual realms or cross-server realms are not same as merged servers. It's a different technology. Let's not invent new things here, ok?
    Connected realms are literally merges without you having to rename your character/guild. Which will be used very likely on classic too, since nobody likes to lose their name.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-09-22 at 07:31 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..