Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Kael'thas should return as the leader of Blood Elves

Today is the day. I have decided in my infinite kindness to share pure wisdom with you. Behold one of the best high fantasy ideas that you have ever witnessed.

Kael'thas and Al'ar should be joined together into one being in the presence of Sunwell. The God King of Sin'dorei, the second coming of savior who would heal mana addiction by his very presence. Holy Phoenix, the truest Sunstrider and the first Azeroth made artificial Naaru like entity.

I present to you The God King Kael'ar Sunstrider!

New chapter in Blood Elves history and much needed expansion for the Blood Knights!

I agree, Lor'themar Theron sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Today is the day. I have decided in my infinite kindness to share pure wisdom with you. Behold one of the best high fantasy ideas that you have ever witnessed.

Kael'thas and Al'ar should be joined together into one being in the presence of Sunwell. The God King of Sin'dorei, the second coming of savior who would heal mana addiction by his very presence. Holy Phoenix, the truest Sunstrider and the first Azeroth made artificial Naaru like entity.

I present to you The God King Kael'ar Sunstrider!

New chapter in Blood Elves history and much needed expansion for the Blood Knights!
    Would be great and all but we killed him a couple times and hacked off his head a handed it to the Shattered Sun Offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat69kk View Post
    Would be great and all but we killed him a couple times and hacked off his head a handed it to the Shattered Sun Offensive.
    Nothing Sunwell and rebirth power of Al'ar can't fix! And it would actually make sense.

Yeah, Lor'themar is really bland.

troll thread thx bye

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-09-22 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    troll thread thx bye
    Why troll? Conjoined entities are as old as human storytelling. Al'ar alone or with assistance could wish to resurrect his master by merging with him. And what place is better to do it than Sunwell?

LOr'themar aka Bob is literally the worst and has no personality outside mirroring with Jaina appearing in Throne of Thunder 2.0. So we better get rid of him.

Preferable to Lor'themar "Baine is the best the Horde has to offer" Theron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Let dead characters stay dead, blizz would just butcher him further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    LOr'themar aka Bob is literally the worst and has no personality outside mirroring with Jaina appearing in Throne of Thunder 2.0. So we better get rid of him.
    Bob has pretty much the same personality as kael had prior to bc, minus the magic though. The interactions with Jaina would have been even more cringe worthy, because the guy loved her.

10+ Year Old Account
    More importantly, why would the blood elves want anything to do with Kael'thas? The last time any of them heard from him, he led an attack on Silvermoon and took M'uru, which was a significant hit to their morale. Before that, he went south to help the humans, then fucked off to Outland for what, about a decade? And sent an advisor back to show the blood elves how to siphon mana as a stopgap measure in dealing with their mana addiction. The next they heard from him after his return, he tried to use the corrupted Sunwell to bring one of the lords of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

Meanwhile, Lor'themar (though bland) helped pull them together as a people, sometimes taking drastic steps in the name of keeping things running smoothly in about as much of a worst-case scenario as a culture can have on Azeroth. Under his regency, the blood elves went from on the brink of total collapse, struggling to hold on to what territory they had, to their territory being largely secured, alliances providing them with backup in securing the Ghostlands, and they've bounced back enough that they can spare people for pursuits like establishing a rival archaeological society to the Explorer's League. In In the Shadow of the Sun it's even outright stated that Halduron and Rommath have been trying to push Lor'themar to establish a new dynasty (although, backed up by his NPC chatter in BFA, Lor'themar seems to believe maintaining the regency is sufficient and has no desire to see a new dynasty established, likely out of respect for King Anasterian who was the last King of Silvermoon). If Halduron, Liadrin, Rommath, and Aethas are any indication, Lor'themar has also, to some extent, re-established the Convocation of Silvermoon, suggesting he may be leaning more toward establishing a permanent parliamentary government once things settle down long enough for him to focus on long-term governance rather than just perpetually extend the regency as a band-aid.

And while there's been rough spots under Garrosh and Sylvanas, by and large every decision Lor'themar's made since accepting the regency has been a net gain for the blood elves without necessarily being a net loss for his allies (whereas Anasterian and Kael'thas were less concerned over how their choices impacted their allies, whom they were fair-weather friends with at best).

So with all this taken into account, why would the blood elves, who have been enjoying a resurgence under Lor'themar's leadership, even if it's not exactly the most thrilling regency to live under, suddenly welcome back a prince who betrayed them for power and favor with the Burning Legion? The same Legion, mind you, that engineered the Scourge that nearly wiped them out as a culture and species. Alleria was permanently exiled and told in no uncertain terms she is not welcome back for something she had no control over; why, then, would someone who acted knowingly and with malice be welcomed back and reinstated as King considering the blood elves' reputation for harboring a grudge?
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Of course. Remove that pathetic ranger regime and give us true king of Quel'thalas. Blood elves should be more than red high elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

That is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Was the messiah complex of Thrall not enough for you? You want to dig up Kael'thas years later, fuse him with an equally dead phoenix, and use him to heal a mana addiction they don't have to deal with anymore?

This makes me handing over Xal'atath as a horde pandaren look like top end Hollywood quality genius storytelling.

Even trying with all my might and combing over every inch of WoW's story to find the optimal thing to change, I could not come up with a more terrible idea than this.

No.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-09-22 at 03:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting... go on...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

This makes me handing over Xal'atath as a horde pandaren look like top end Hollywood quality genius storytelling.
    Don't forget you are the one who dredged up derek too, nobody asked you to ;P

If he fuses with Al'ar, he damn better become my mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    More importantly, why would the blood elves want anything to do with Kael'thas? The last time any of them heard from him, he led an attack on Silvermoon and took M'uru, which was a significant hit to their morale. Before that, he went south to help the humans, then fucked off to Outland for what, about a decade? And sent an advisor back to show the blood elves how to siphon mana as a stopgap measure in dealing with their mana addiction. The next they heard from him after his return, he tried to use the corrupted Sunwell to bring one of the lords of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

Meanwhile, Lor'themar (though bland) helped pull them together as a people, sometimes taking drastic steps in the name of keeping things running smoothly in about as much of a worst-case scenario as a culture can have on Azeroth. Under his regency, the blood elves went from on the brink of total collapse, struggling to hold on to what territory they had, to their territory being largely secured, alliances providing them with backup in securing the Ghostlands, and they've bounced back enough that they can spare people for pursuits like establishing a rival archaeological society to the Explorer's League. In In the Shadow of the Sun it's even outright stated that Halduron and Rommath have been trying to push Lor'themar to establish a new dynasty (although, backed up by his NPC chatter in BFA, Lor'themar seems to believe maintaining the regency is sufficient and has no desire to see a new dynasty established, likely out of respect for King Anasterian who was the last King of Silvermoon). If Halduron, Liadrin, Rommath, and Aethas are any indication, Lor'themar has also, to some extent, re-established the Convocation of Silvermoon, suggesting he may be leaning more toward establishing a permanent parliamentary government once things settle down long enough for him to focus on long-term governance rather than just perpetually extend the regency as a band-aid.

And while there's been rough spots under Garrosh and Sylvanas, by and large every decision Lor'themar's made since accepting the regency has been a net gain for the blood elves without necessarily being a net loss for his allies (whereas Anasterian and Kael'thas were less concerned over how their choices impacted their allies, whom they were fair-weather friends with at best).

So with all this taken into account, why would the blood elves, who have been enjoying a resurgence under Lor'themar's leadership, even if it's not exactly the most thrilling regency to live under, suddenly welcome back a prince who betrayed them for power and favor with the Burning Legion? The same Legion, mind you, that engineered the Scourge that nearly wiped them out as a culture and species. Alleria was permanently exiled and told in no uncertain terms she is not welcome back for something she had no control over; why, then, would someone who acted knowingly and with malice be welcomed back and reinstated as King considering the blood elves' reputation for harboring a grudge?
    Because he is their rightful ruler, sole owner of Quel'Thalas and it is not for the pleb to question their betters. He could not betray them for this very reason. His kingdom, his decisions.

Simply because he would be their only way to survive as a new vehicle for Sunwell. All it takes is some dramatic event where Blood Elves are in dire need of help. Twice a savior beats 'I spanked you a little paeasants'. After Legion events I'm sure at least some BE are more understanding of The Burning Legion's cause.

Not to mention it wouldn't be exactly Kael'thas.

TBC never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    That is the worst thing I've ever heard.

Was the messiah complex of Thrall not enough for you? You want to dig up Kael'thas years later, fuse him with an equally dead phoenix, and use him to heal a mana addiction they don't have to deal with anymore?

Even trying with all my might and combing over every inch of WoW's story to find the optimal thing to change, I could not come up with a more terrible idea than this.

No.
    Of course not, I prefer an actual god like beings. No Phoenix can truly die. Healing would be just one of many benefits.

I'm sure you love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Because he is their rightful ruler
    When the hell has that mattered to the Horde?

When I said "combing every inch of WoW's history", I meant it. I considered "well what if Elisande or Grom were resurrected and took a leadership roll again?" then I realized they actually tried to make amends for their deeds, as opposed to...

[Death, along with rising voice of insane raving] (exact words of wowpedia)
    My demise accomplishes nothing! The master will have you! You will drown in your own blood! The world shall burn! Aaaghh!