View Poll Results: Would you like to have new character models in classic WoW?

Voters
351. This poll is closed
  • Yes

172 49.00%
  • No

179 51.00%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    To a degree. WoD had the new models and new animations, and the old models/old animations - but the new WoD models never used the vanilla animations as they had their own. And that's what would have to occur, unless Blizz decided to just add all the current retail animations to Classic in addition to the option for retail models.
    Ultimately the system used in WoD could be piggybacked more or less to have the same effect. I could be wrong, but I do believe that the system handles all of this client side, which should render it seamless. The limitation may be that those using updated models would need to have the new animations, but those with the vanilla models would never see them.

And that's the point I was making, that even if we factored out the rage of the #NoChanges crowd... this would be a bigger undertaking than simply switching out some meshes.
    And I completely agree, and think there's a ton of value in those discussions. There are bound to be technical limitations or logistical ones that people haven't thought about. That's a great discussion to have. But I think it's fair to say that my jimmies, and probably the jimmies of quite a few others, get rustled when people shoot down something without any sort of reason, especially when it wouldn't impact them one iota.

Simple answer from me - no. I find the new models hideous and they have no place in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    So people can't have something that would improve their gameplay experience on the off chance that you might see something on a third party site and be enraged by it? Do you really not see how entitled you sound here?
    No. I think you sound entitled. This is Classic. And the art style is an important part of it. If you want modern graphics, go play another game.
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2019-09-22 at 07:41 PM. Reason: silly, forgot word

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    No. I think you sound entitled. This is Classic. And the art style is an important part of it. If you want modern graphics, go play another game.
    It’s an art style that you’ll never see though. It would let each individual choose the art style they like.

And entitled is trying to force everyone into your way. I’m offering a compromise that lets both groups see the game the way they want. How is that entitled?

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Most people don't realize the new models don't have animations for since then removed abilities and spells.
    And most people don't realize that they have preset cast animations for default spells, not individual spells.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If "models" are the main reason you're not playing classic, then you're not even a fan of classic in the first place. Shoo.
    "no true scotman!" I see.

I can almost guarantee it will be coming as an option down the road that you can check on or off ( off by default ). I also bet they will shadow drop it in one of the phase.

PS seeing updated models effects you in no way so it should not bother you to those who are for some reason against it as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    "no true scotman!" I see.
    Yes, I see you'd rather whine and insult me than actually address my post

The point I was making is not a "no true scotsman", but rather pointing out that if the other guy is going to completely forego Classic because it doesn't have HD models, then he probably wasn't interested in the game to begin with.

It's like refusing to attend a baseball game because they don't sell your favorite brand of hotdog there. Just.......what? If you care THAT MUCH about what hotdogs are being sold at the stadium that you will refuse to watch the game because of it, then you probably don't care about the game to begin with.

And likewise, if you care THAT MUCH that Classic does not have "HD models" that you will refuse to play Classic, then you probably weren't going to play the game in the first place, because anyone who actually likes Classic would already be playing it.

Of course, you're probably just going to claim that this post is another "no true scotsman" because you're rather insult and belittle than actually debate, so I'll just go ahead and preemptively add you to my ignore list.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-09-23 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably wouldn't use them, but I don't see why not. Classic is all about the meaningful gameplay and social interactions. The graphics really don't have anything to do with that at all.

There is already a version of WoW with updated models. Its called Battle for Azeroth.

Stop with these threads!

the old models actually look better than the new ones though
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpharius View Post
    As a Tauren player, I adamantly disagree. That upgrade was one of the best things to happen to me.

Subjective opinions are subjective.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Except that's not a reason, that's a mantra. If the person screaming never sees the new models, I can't see why they would be opposed to something that makes other people happier.
    There are people who want no change for the sake of no change. In fact you can see many in this thread already
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I really don't see the point, I mean the whole reason to play Classic is to see how horrible everything used to be.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I know this is all subjective, but... no. In fact I feel like one of the things holding back the new models from being all they could be is the fact Blizzard felt the need to slavishly recreate the look of the old models, some of which should've just been binned and redesigned from scratch.

A lot of those models looked crap even at the time. Blizzard's never been exactly cutting edge on graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    There are people who want no change for the sake of no change. In fact you can see many in this thread already
    Sure, and I maintain that this isn’t an actual reason, it’s something shouted to end a conversation.

Asking to control what’s on their screen and what’s on my screen when a solution is available that lets each of us have exactly what we want is ridiculous and selfish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I really don't see the point, I mean the whole reason to play Classic is to see how horrible everything used to be.
    Except it isn’t. At least not for everyone. It’s 100% possible to want the old style of gameplay but with the newer style of graphics.

It’s an art style that you’ll never see though. It would let each individual choose the art style they like.

And entitled is trying to force everyone into your way. I’m offering a compromise that lets both groups see the game the way they want. How is that entitled?
    There's no compromise. Old models are part of Classic. It's a VIDEO game. Not to mention most new models - but esprecially the nelf ones - are an abomination. If that keeps you from playing Classic, seriously,...

Just fyi: video comes from the Latin, meaning "we see".

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree. They have more charm. New ones are just more flashy. I don't like the flashy style.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    No, they want no change because they like the older version of the game better. Including graphics. More pixels doesn't always translate into superior art.

No, the new Undead model totally ruined the race.

I have mixed feeling on this topic but I do like the look of the models.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Character Models without NPC models and terrain texture/object revamp would only be jarring.
    Not really. Like at all.

Here is the druid I am playing in Classic standing in Burning Steppes, and a druid alt I have on live standing in the exact same place. You can see the environmental textures are nearly the same between retail and classic, there's just minor lighting differences:

Even in full BfA high res armor it isn't jarring, so you can imagine wearing vanilla armor would be pretty much a complete non-issue.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-23 at 09:53 AM.

So optional thingy, which would only be visible to the user is.... bad? Why have the graphic settings at all then? view distance should be the same to everyone as well and so on.. I know it's a bit of an inflated example, tho it actually affects other players, if you can see further than they can, while models would only be visible for the user. It's like UI changing addon, but people are somehow ok with those. If new ones are better or not, it is subjective, but playing vanilla the way you want is the selling point of it and people screaming "you can't have that" are same as people who were screaming that people should not get classic.