Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They just went too far on RP in BFA leveling. Do some quests and then have to sit there watch the dialogue that you can't skip. Kills the pace. I only managed to level 4 characters with quests, the other 15 got 120 with BGs, Invasions and Events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I have played every expansion since Vanilla. I can say without a doubt that BFA is the most soul crushing expansion to date when it comes to leveling Alts. Going into BFA's launch I had 5 chars sitting at 110. Just over 1 year later and the only 120 I have is my Druid that I leveled up the first week it was live. My second highest is only 114. Its just miserable trying to level up anything else and it sucks any fun right out of the game. In the past year I even took a few month long breaks here and there just to keep from burning out. I come back ready to go and then after a week of trying to level and Alt I just quit again. I cant think of an expansion that even comes close to being as shitty when it comes to leveling. I didnt really like WoD leveling either but it was at least bearable with the 300% pots. Wrath, Cata, and MoP were all extremely fun to level up in. As much as people hate on Cataclysm it wasnt even close to being this bad. This is probably going to be the first expansion where I only have a single max level character. Does anyone else feel the same way?
    Brutal? It is piss easy, nothing compared to Vanilla, The Burning Crusade or Wrath. Battle For Azeroth is one of the fast leveling expansions. Easy and smooth zones, some fun for some and some fun for others. At least this expansion doesn't have you running some pre-setup first like Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion did even if your characters were alts.

You can wrap up Battle For Azeroth in what? 1½-2 zones?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because it is extremly boring. The same content again and again without getting anything as soon as you leave WoD content...
    And the part where you donÄt get anythign leveling up is also the part that takes the longest.... i have every character at least at 100 but i cannot be bothered to go further... it is just sooooooo boring. Not hard.

Well hard in the sense, that i have to force myself.

I took 16 characters to level 120 before flying and heirlooms and I can't say I noticed it being terrible.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It toke me about half a day to get from 110 to 120 on my alts, and the latest got to ilvl 420ish in a day.

Fairly easy, but the AP grind sucks

Honestly this has been the easiest expansion in history for me to level alts..

The leveling isn't brutal, only farming essence shit is. Everything else is mostly down to your personal enjoyment and has nothing to do with any special difficulty of BfA pertaining to alts. I'm at 11/12 right now and I just can't be arsed to do the last because it's my monk and I already have 3 other leather users and they pretty much abandoned the warfronts..

It's not brutal and actually it's one of the few extensions where you have (and will have even more with party sync) a lot of way to level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I batch leveled all my alts through incursions. Currently sat at 14 120’s with another nearly at 115 and a dozen or so at 111/112 waiting for their turn. The only soul crushing part was having to do the war campaign to get the Kul Tiras.

I have played every expansion since Vanilla. I can say without a doubt that BFA is the most soul crushing expansion to date when it comes to leveling Alts. Going into BFA's launch I had 5 chars sitting at 110. Just over 1 year later and the only 120 I have is my Druid that I leveled up the first week it was live. My second highest is only 114. Its just miserable trying to level up anything else and it sucks any fun right out of the game. In the past year I even took a few month long breaks here and there just to keep from burning out. I come back ready to go and then after a week of trying to level and Alt I just quit again. I cant think of an expansion that even comes close to being as shitty when it comes to leveling. I didnt really like WoD leveling either but it was at least bearable with the 300% pots. Wrath, Cata, and MoP were all extremely fun to level up in. As much as people hate on Cataclysm it wasnt even close to being this bad. This is probably going to be the first expansion where I only have a single max level character. Does anyone else feel the same way?
    Well it's not bad if you consider that I leveled one of my characters by just doing Incursions. Leveling process is piss, only thing that's daunting is the Azerite/Trait grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    As brutal as it is in Classic?
    Tedious =/= Brutal.
    Hi

3+ Year Old Account
    Those of you stating heirlooms are viable are crazy. by slotting the heirlooms over the 3 Azerite slots you're exp increase doesn't out way the time lost due to the main mechanic (Azerite traits) DPS loss which is considerable. The you're taking your utter crap DPS into Islands and Dungeons in the hope of getting carried.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    It really isnt as horrid if you want to compare it since Vanilla. Like come on now. Thats a total exaggeration on your part. Ive played multiple alts more than youll have in a pinky. All of your alts are already 110... It shouldnt be this hard. Just do invasions every now and then. Theyre up for 6 hours at a time. You can choose between 3 different zones to level up. Joining Island Expedition as well... There are looooooooooots of other ways to get experience...
    you can do island expeditions to level?

You know the expansion is crap when i'm able to level an alt to 60 faster and easier in Classic than in BFA. In BFA even with herilooms it takes 1-3 days played to 120 unless you do some retarded xp pot/island/dng spam non sense and then have to catch up througn the war story to unlock warfront, level your followers or you can't do island missions for that bonus AP or Essence, you need to collect all your essences all over again and some BIS essences are bs to do again on alts like the 50,000k honor blood of the enemy, you need to do the new zone story to unlock that non sense, then you need to farm pearls to get BIS benthic pieces through rng, then you need to grind raid and M+ for gear(If you care about doing any damage/healing)

No, not at all. Leveling is just like Legion is, with heirlooms and flying. I finished my second server last weeks and have now 28 120 chars and am now starting with my last server.

Just like in Legion I level purely over Invasions/Incursion (and unlocking the other faction island bases). Two chars at time (usually an easy level like hunter/warlock/tank together with a "harder" leveler like rogue or shaman), it takes around 20-30 minutes to complete them both (depending on the incursion and remaining 10% buff I skip the final incursion quest, as it sometime takes longer to complete than the 5 incursion quests together).

You will roughly make ~50% level per incursion (some have more XP quests, some less), minus the two levels you make from unlocking the other island's bases on aliance (around 1.3 levels on horde) it takes around 12-14 invasions per char from 111-120. So all in all we are talking about 3-4h playtime per char, stretched over the course of some weeks this is barely noticable.

Playing alts on max level in BFA is a completely different issue, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Its about to get a lot better!
    Tested party sync yesterday and got a full level from 114 to 115 in Hillsbrad with a friend in about an hour and a half without any real pacing optimization.
    Was getting 18.5~ thousand exp per quest there with Warmode (10 percent) on.

Oddly enough, the first quest in the game in Durotar to kill the 6 boars gave 22k.
    Probably means there will end up being very high value zones worth leveling through that friends can assist you with, if that type of thing ever gets mathed out.
    Damn shame you can’t use party sync solo.

Do you know if you can leave your low level buddy behind and accept/complete quests without them once you’ve used them to downlevel?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have many alts and at the end of Legion there were around 24-26 at lvl 110. Some of them had a boost to lvl 90, 100 or 110, that I had still on my 2 accounts.

At the start of BfA I leveld 2 Alliance and 2 Horde to 120 and since then another 2 Alliance.
    At the moment I rarely play WoW anymore. Not even Classic. Could be, that some things that come in 8.2.5 or 8.3 can motivate me to level several more, while waiting for 9.0. Depends on what news we get at Blizzcon.

I know what OP means, it's boring. Leveling through same quests over and over. And timewalkings the time you take to do one, depending on the expansion timewalking dungeons, can have a lot RP too. Islands while leveling you feel liike you barely can hit a thing. And seems overall you're weak and takes more time. That alone makes you not wanting to level cause it's boring

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Yeah, it's really bad to have to go through the 50k AP grind/Rep grinds for BiS essences on multiple characters
    It's one of the things they got ALMOST right. I just wish more things in wow were skill-based, and not just heavy grinds.

It's not that I have anything against grinding for some things. Just not for EVERYTHING. Yes, that's a generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's one of the things they got ALMOST right. I just wish more things in wow were skill-based, and not just heavy grinds.

It's not that I have anything against grinding for some things. Just not for EVERYTHING. Yes, that's a generalization.
    If we didn't had a bit grind it wouldn't be challenging but this is too much grind and for sure having many alts to grind the s*** out of it it's something no one likes to do.
    Even for our mains seems the grinding never ends, can't have more than 1 alt myself that is good on this expansion besides being level 120.